Neon Genesis Evangelion (Spoilers)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Shot bru, clever answer. I can live with that.

I know Rei carried Lilith's soul, so that indeed makes you correct, Angels have souls, but, it is not clearly stated whether Kuwaro carried the soul of Adam or his human self, bearing in mind, he is a clone as well.
jee

Post by jee »

I had always thought that Kuwaro carried his own soul...
but it makes sense that it is Adam's soul that ultimtely rests in him just as Rei had Lilith's soul.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

*Necromance thread*

Rayne in another thread you said something that happens in ep 1 that you will post a screen of. Sorry to hit on you, must bump this thread with something usefull :lol:
We need to chat more about eva :P
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Hang on...
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Mmm I think I see what you are talking about. Watched that part a few times.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

There you go.

The Angel attacked Tokyo 3 and a surface building fell into NERV. The impact caused reinforcements to fracture sending pieces of metal airbound in all directions.

Evenagelion Unit 1 extended his hand to protect Shinji and Rei but a huge chunk of metal was swung towards the unprotected Gendo Ikari.

As is evident he broke that piece of metal by a mere stare.

He thus, had an AT-Field.

Gendo Ikari is not a mere human.

I earlier said that the saying "Angels posses the fruit of life. Lilim the fruit of wisdom. He who possesses both become God." applied to Evangelion Unit 1.

I was wrong.

It applies to Gendo Ikari. For he as Lilim merged with Angel, evidently posesses both.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Something else Im thinking about, did Rei absorb Adam in the end of eva, or did she only made contact with it? Cause if Adam is still part of Gendou, he would, like Shinji, survive the Human Completion Project?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

She took in Adam.

EDIT : Gendo died. He did not survive.

Btw sorry it took me so long to post those screens mate. I had to decrypt the DVD first and that took 32 mins.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Lol no prob. I just had to start this thread up again.

Ok makes sence.

Something else I wondering about still is that mask with the 7 eyes lillith wears. 7 in the Christian religion in the number of God. Its also, like 10, a number of completeness.(4 wind directions + the 3' persons' of God).
The top of its looks like the moon's craters. And I have no idea about the triangle.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Why have I stopped receiving email notifications!?

Thanks for the screen caps Rayne!
I noticed you guys have NGE mapped out pretty thorough. It couls perhaps even mount to a thesis.
=P

It's not unfounded though as it is extremely interesting.

@Nuke - You have a pretty sharp observation there. About the symbols in anime, generally. It's what I've been nagging about all along. Many, many anime have these subliminal messages, unnoticeable to the inept eye. I've only picked up a few from the various anime I've watched, but you seem to have some knowledge regarding the symbols on the mask (what mask btw?)
Care to elaborate?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Ill try to make some screens tonight. Im using remote desktop to my pc, and its slooooow.

I dont have any knowlage about the symbols themselfs, I can only start to guess their meaning. Even though gainax said it doesnt have religion in it, you still need to understand the religion to understand the themes. eg. the Tree of Life you see many times, The 22 Ways to Kabala.

On the topic of the mask, it seem that the triange has someting to do with the 3 impacts. Also the 7 eyes, the Creation took 7 'days' or 7 periods of time.(someting interesting, read up on Enuma Ellish(yup got it from FSN), its the Persian Creation, Its almost the same as what is written in the Bible)
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Rayne wrote: There you go.

The Angel attacked Tokyo 3 and a surface building fell into NERV. The impact caused reinforcements to fracture sending pieces of metal airbound in all directions.

Evenagelion Unit 1 extended his hand to protect Shinji and Rei but a huge chunk of metal was swung towards the unprotected Gendo Ikari.

As is evident he broke that piece of metal by a mere stare.

He thus, had an AT-Field.

Gendo Ikari is not a mere human.

I earlier said that the saying "Angels posses the fruit of life. Lilim the fruit of wisdom. He who possesses both become God." applied to Evangelion Unit 1.

I was wrong.

It applies to Gendo Ikari. For he as Lilim merged with Angel, evidently posesses both.
I might not get tooo excited hey -- It looks like that might jut be a glass infront of him..? I'll do some more research!!
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Here are some urls on him..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gendo_Ikari
http://www.absoluteanime.com/eva/gendo.htm

It does seem like he did fuse Adam into his right hand thou..
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well ja, because in one of the Directors Cuts most of you should now have you see Adam resembling something that looks like an eye on the palm of his hand.

And no man that's not a mirror. Why do you think it's a mirror?

It's metal part of reinforcements which surrounded Evangelion Unit 1. There was no mirrors in that room or on his restraints.

Why would there be? It's not like Unit 1 will be admiring himself in a mirror all day long.

Gendo looked down on Rei and Shinji as Unit 1 held his hand over them to protect them from simmilar falling debris.

Should I advance screen two you will notice that he was in fact, smiling, not shaken abouth the occurence at all.

Turn up your volume and watch the scene. Then you will understand.

Don't just speculate.

EDIT : Where did I get the mirror thing from? ... Sorry mate, my bad. Ignore those parts.
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

lol.. Glass glass glass.. Nothing to do with the eva, but where he's standing..!!

I'll have a look at it 2night!! Maybe someone could host or post just that scene selection..?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Ja sorry again bru.

I post whilst working. Lost track a bit...
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

No problem.. lol

** Don't wanna have to get my boxing gloves out on you on this issue so me gonna research this occurance thoroughly..
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

http://jesuslara.venezuela.com some interesting veiws on the angels
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nuke I won't bet anything on that site.

It's a little immature -

"pop his head off"

The writer must be 7 years old or something.
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Nuke wrote:http://jesuslara.venezuela.com some interesting veiws on the angels
yeah -- me had been there already..
interesting, but as Rayne said --> a bit childish..
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Yup it is so. But he explains the tree of life and the kabala a bit better than me.
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

I just want some1 to explain Death and Birth of Evangelion!!
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

That site is brief and to the point although it does lack some detailed info though.

Anyway, there seems to be alot more than what outwardly appears from NGE. It would be great if it were redone.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Eva is easily one of the most complicated animes ever made. Or movie / series for that matter.

The Usual Suspects is easier to figure out on first watch.

Mostly everything in this series has reference to something else. Even simple things like character names. Asuka was the name of a Japanese warship.

At the end of the day all of this doesn't matter much.

What do you want to know about Death & Rebirth? - Why Shinji masturbated? Asuka's breakdown? Why Rei rejected Gendo? Misato's true feelings? Kuwaro's actions? Gendo's plot?

The End Of Evangelion is by far more complicated.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote: What do you want to know about Death & Rebirth? - Why Shinji masturbated? Asuka's breakdown? Why Rei rejected Gendo? Misato's true feelings? Kuwaro's actions? Gendo's plot?

The End Of Evangelion is by far more complicated.
Please tell me I had a cut version or something. :lol:

I find asuka really appealing. She just so spontaneous. Like that part when she kissed Shinji cos she was bored WTF!?