Neon Genesis Evangelion (Spoilers)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Nice, didn't read everything though. I hope this one will have a more fairytale ending.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Yeah, looking forward to this.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

So am I. I hope they don't screw it up.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Rebuild of Evangelion - Trailer 1
Rebuild of Evangelion 2nd movie trailer
Rebuild of Evangelion - Wiki

For those interested, The artist/song in the first vid is; Utada Hikaru - Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
deadhands

Post by deadhands »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D I CANT WAIT :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Meh, now im a bit confused.
Has Rebuild Of Evangelion part 1 already been released with Japanese audio.etc?
Has it been subbed in English and are they now going to release an English dub version of it :?

EDIT: Ok, wait...Rebulid is like a movie release. It was released and shown at cinemas with Japanese audio and no subtitles.etc
Now we have to wait for the DVD to be released then the DVD will have English subtitles on it and we will then go out and purchase the DVD?
Is that correct? :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Sou da to omoimasu.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:Sou da to omoimasu.
Err :?
In english that means?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

I think so/I guess so
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Nuke wrote:I think so/I guess so
Mkay, cool. :D

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

There's a subbed/cam torrent weighing 1.2Gb out already.

I'll wait for the proper rip though.
larch

Post by larch »

That rips quality isn't to bad I watched it but ill get the DVD when its released.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Yeh, I got a nice 700MB subbed MKV version of it.
The video quality is rather impressive for a cam rip. The audio isnt that great, but then its a cam rip.

Ill rather wait for a DVD rip or something similar to be released and then watch it :D

Spoiler (show)
larch

Post by larch »

Yeah the audio ain't to great but what u expect from a "bottom cam" rip :P
Zana

Post by Zana »

when are they gonna dump it on Animax...
when i was at varsity they had the avi's in the LAN i only got to watch only half of the episodes... I am now upset with animax, that they repeating most of the episodes a third time! I dont mind the repeating some episodes within the day or week or in month, but to repeat a whole season/series over and over... come on.. :-(
Love and hugs
Danielle
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

No idea if this will ever be on Animax. Eva's old. In any case I don't like Animax and don't watch it at all. I really pity all of you depending on it for your anime. Like with Eureka Seven, it just ended at episode 46 wtf? They left out episodes 47-50 and started a sudden repeat from episode 1. Now people must watch the show again to maybe, just maybe, be shown the ending this time. And Eureka Seven has an excellent ending.

No thanks.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:No idea if this will ever be on Animax. Eva's old. In any case I don't like Animax and don't watch it at all. I really pity all of you depending on it for your anime. Like with Eureka Seven, it just ended at episode 46 wtf? They left out episodes 47-50 and started a sudden repeat from episode 1. Now people must watch the show again to maybe, just maybe, be shown the ending this time. And Eureka Seven has an excellent ending.

No thanks.
They ended it on episode 47 since the last 3 episodes haven't been dubbed by bandai entertainment yet. I collect the DVD`s and I am also waiting for the last volume.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol so everyone sitting through it a second time's gonna miss the ending yet again muhahahahahahaha.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:Lol so everyone sitting through it a second time's gonna miss the ending yet again muhahahahahahaha.
Yeah pretty much I watch the show as it got released with my jap to english translation manual. And now I am currently collecting all the Special edition boxsets.

with the boxset u get the dvd,shirt,manga and ost

I am also collecting the figurines and building the mecha

Zana

Post by Zana »

Rayne wrote:No idea if this will ever be on Animax. Eva's old. In any case I don't like Animax and don't watch it at all. I really pity all of you depending on it for your anime. Like with Eureka Seven, it just ended at episode 46 wtf? They left out episodes 47-50 and started a sudden repeat from episode 1. Now people must watch the show again to maybe, just maybe, be shown the ending this time. And Eureka Seven has an excellent ending.

No thanks.
Yup my anime is relied upon Animax... :-( where else can one watch anime in SA ?
Hmm i only watched bits and pieces of Eureka :-)
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

We download it.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, the first of Hideaki Anno's four theatrical remakes of the Evangelion science-fiction anime series, has sold 219,000 DVDs in less than a week of sales. That makes it Japan's best-selling DVD release so far this year. It also marks the best record in initial sales of any Evangelion DVD release to date. The two-disc "Special Equipment Edition" package in particular sold the most copies, and even the bonus film strip bundled with this edition is in high demand.

All the SE's have been sold out and fans are trying their best to source and trade the better filmstrips.
Not-So-Daily Link of the Day: The DVDs for the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone film remake just went on sale on April 25, but the film strips that come bundled with the special edition sets are already fetching online auction bids of up to 30,001 yen (about US$287) each. Each 5,985-yen (US$57) special edition set includes about five frames of film — clipped from film reels that were actually used in last year's theatrical screenings. With only about 300,000 special edition sets produced, a film strip that happens to show a popular character or scene is commanding high auction bids.

As of Monday afternoon (Japan Standard Time), the highest current Yahoo! Auctions Japan bid is 30,001 yen for a film strip depicting the character Misato after she downs a can of beer. Not far behind is a 29,800-yen (about US$285) opening price for a film strip (pictured at right) of the pilots Shinji and Rei just before Shinji boards the EVA-01 unit for the first time. The next highest is a 26,000-yen (US$248) film strip of a smiling Rei just after she ejects from her damaged EVA-00 unit. A film strip showing a naked Kaworu — a scene newly created for the movie remake — stands at 25,000 yen (US$239) with one day remaining in its auction.

The strips are obviously completely random with nobody knowing what's bundled in the version the purchased. Here's a few guys comparing theirs.

ANN

Evangelion 1.0 : You Are (Not) Alone also received the 2008 Tokyo International Anime Fair award for anime of the year with Hideaki Anno being the director.

It's rumored US distributors are hard at work negotiating for the license yet playing the waiting game for the Eva franchise will be costing them tons.

The BlueRay releases are expected soon.

Somebody, anybody, hurry up and license this please. Although we should not expect any original bundles though...
nuku_za

Post by nuku_za »

If only I was fluent in Japanese. All the nice goodies they are releasing at the moment...
larch

Post by larch »

Another way for ADV to milk a dead cow, since they already released the old NGE for almost a 10th time now.....