When the Apple falls

Discussion and support for the Mac family of operating systems.
bb_matt

When the Apple falls

Post by bb_matt »

You know, I was thinking the other day about the computer industry.

I was spefically thinking about Apple and thier small 5% market share.

I was thinking to myself, considering that they pretty much invented everything, they are not doing that well in the computer industry.

Hmm. I wonder why.
Then it dawned upon me that for the most part, Apple users are snobs.
They are not snobs as people, but snobs as computer users.
They have been indoctrinated into the house of style and little else.

For it is true and I challenge any mac user to deny this, that I can get the same processing power in an ugly grey box and run the exact same programs on my PC as on a Mac.
Oh and they will challenge it ! - no dought.

Mac is a dying breed - it's on it's way out.

As Steve Jobs prepares the next Disney and a multimedia empire encompassing iTunes, he has no need of the mac.

Mac is no longer the only serious contender in the realm of multimedia - audio and video can be processed on PC just as effectively as on Mac.

But that's just my opinion.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

The apple is rotten indeed. But atleast the G5 had its moments
Zellin

Post by Zellin »

True... True but they are prety dam good when it comes to graphics and especially considering that wotsitcalled... um... well the thing that can make all stuf print out on exactly the same colours and so... mac are brilliant.. 2 bad i hate them...
Memphis_Raines

Post by Memphis_Raines »

Look guys apple has had a few good machines, the only problem for them is we are the market. We modify our machines to how we want them. They can't market a pc and expect everyone to want the same thing. Thier cases look the same, thier hardware is the same. You cant even open the case without voiding warranty. Wheres the fun in that?
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Things like MACs and PackardBells are rubbish, admit it! Submit! I had to install a formatted PB once. OMW what a drama. Whats with all the marking and binding the harddrive to the machine? Took me hours! WTF is the deal with the "no upgrade" policy. They are dying but still they keep on doin it.
AngryRabbit

Post by AngryRabbit »

For it is true and I challenge any mac user to deny this, that I can get the same processing power in an ugly grey box and run the exact same programs on my PC as on a Mac.
You must have quite a monster PC to compare to the G5. Anyway, thats beside the point. You have the wrong idea about Apple, your argument is like saying:

"Hey who wants a Porsche anyway? I could get a Subaru for half the price, add some mods, and it'll go the same speed."

Thats fine if thats all you want (and there's nothing wrong with that), but don't go around dissing those that want the style, comfort, quality and perfection of the Porsche.

PS: I pity your soul if Bondi ever reads your post. Now go and fetch your reading glasses and a cup of coffee.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

AngryRabbit wrote:"Hey who wants a Porsche anyway? I could get a Subaru for half the price, add some mods, and it'll go the same speed."
Depends on which Porche you are comparring with which Subaru.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
kchizo

Post by kchizo »

I totally agree with bb_Matt that Macs are dying!
Being in the multimedia industry myself I see more and more people converting to PC's every day.
It is tough times and companies are squeesing out every cent. As pc's are becoming much more reliable and cheaper to upgrade why oh why would any business man buy anything else.
It's a fast paced world out there and in a third world country like our own, money is the bottleneck. Get with the programme! You say that a mac is stylish? so my home pc is not! What makes it more stylish!
I worked on a Mac for 3 years and believe me I had my share of problems, and at no point I felt more stylish than the next guy. If not being an individual makes you stylish then go ahead and eat that apple till your stomach turns of the gimmicky goo that is Mac!
Hyperchild

Post by Hyperchild »

// Me wonders what/when Bondi will reply

*Goes gets coffee, sits down and waits
Quod non detit fortuna non eripuit aut amat aut odit: nil est tertium
kchizo

Post by kchizo »

Bring it on!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

me have some strife with all those 'Bondi Blue' yuppies with their R6000 frames and their chino pants :roll: that look down on my 'beige' box and denims!
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 03 Jun 2004, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Soap

Post by Soap »

And what seriously pisses me off is the fact that Apple uses a derivative of BSD, a version of UNIX, where as you can get BSD as software for free: FreeBSD. And Apple charges for Mac OS when you want to buy it :evil:
CALE24

Post by CALE24 »

Haha, Porsche and Subaru. I use my pc for design based work, gaming, multimedia. Use it all the time. So I cane my subaru throughout the week, doesn't mean I don't want that Porsche for the week-ends. In other words, we all need a powerful PC AND a G5 Powerbook( translates to a new GT3 in Porsche terms). Yessss. :twisted:
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

I thought this post would die a quiet death, but alas, it was not to be.

That opinion was written after a braai as I recall, where a reasonable amount red wine was consumed.

Please ignore it as unresearched and basically "looking for an argument"
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

We noticed bb_matt! 8)
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®