OSX86

Discussion and support for the Mac family of operating systems.
DJNgoma

OSX86

Post by DJNgoma »

I'm just wondering what people are think about the new boot-132 (and it ain't 123) that let's you boot and install straight of the retail disc, all you need is your own kexts and mods to make it run for you.
thealluseless

Post by thealluseless »

have not tried this yet, pity about the flash drive though..

am changing jobs shortly and will have some time to play around in a week or so, will give it a bash,

btw, iphone version 2 is not too shabby, pity about losing everything on the phone though....
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

You have to have the right mobo, CPU and gfx as far as I understand. Also there's some mod you have to do with maybe a chip and pirated / reverse engineered copy protection?

There's a company in America that sells the $1000 Apple for less than $500 out of the box. They ignored the cease and desist from Apple and AFAIK there still running. I posted them in one of the Apple (hate) threads, you'll have to look for it. Maybe if you email them and ask for exact parts (motherboard) it will give you a clue what to build.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
DJNgoma

Post by DJNgoma »

Hex_Rated wrote:You have to have the right mobo, CPU and gfx as far as I understand. Also there's some mod you have to do with maybe a chip and pirated / reverse engineered copy protection?

There's a company in America that sells the $1000 Apple for less than $500 out of the box. They ignored the cease and desist from Apple and AFAIK there still running. I posted them in one of the Apple (hate) threads, you'll have to look for it. Maybe if you email them and ask for exact parts (motherboard) it will give you a clue what to build.
You don't need any special mobo or hardware, it's just that the closer the hardware the bit easier it can be as most things will work Out-Of-The-Box (e.g. I'm running on the original ASUS P5KPL - Working expect ethernet, HD Audio for front panel sound
, D-Link G510 Wireless - Working
, ATI 2400XT (flashed to be a 2400 Pro) -Working
, and HP 1350 PSC - Working)

The mod would be breaking the protection restricting installion on pcs.
reyals

Re: OSX86

Post by reyals »

hey guys, i've been trying this for so long, but to no avail...
I have a dell vostro 200
upgraded the cpu to e8500 core2duo
and gfx nvidia 9600gt.

i've tried a bunch of versions, one installs(10.6), but gives me an error when i start up.

what version of osx86 to use?

love mac, hate troubleshooting it...