O/S Conflict?

Discussion and support for any other operating system out there.
chilliboy

O/S Conflict?

Post by chilliboy »

I have an urgent document to work on, but can't open it. When I try to open it, the error message is "disk in drive a: is not formatted" I'm afraid to format it, because it has other docs that my friend needs. I can't get a hold of her now - has her phone off, probably getting drunk!!! - but have a feeling she uses a different o/s. She mentioned something about Corel :? Is there some sort of software I could download to allow me to convert just that document to word instead of messing up here entire disc? I have three hours before I have to e-mail this off. PLEEEZ HELP!!!
Hot to trot...
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Some of my friends at school got this error when they created a document in Powerpoint XP at home and then tried to open it op Office 2000, Powerpoint 2000, at school.

Check you're using the same version.

Corel is a graphics program isn't it? I've only used Corel Draw, I dunno if it has other programs too.
vv3bcr3atur3

Post by vv3bcr3atur3 »

The Stiffy may be formated in ext3 and not FAT. Try accessing it from another OS. My guess is that atleast one of the two stiffy drives write or read heads is not propably alligned (happend alot when I was at school: teachers always complained at us about it). But more likely the stiffy is dead.
"If our ancestors stood still at fire for 10 more years the wheel would have be much rounder by now" - vv3b