Blackberry 8520

Discussion and support for any other operating system out there.
U_571

Blackberry 8520

Post by U_571 »

Hi I have a question relating to the browser on the 8520. Can I change the browser to the default Blackberry by flashing the phone or whatever it is called? It is currently preloaded with Vodafone's junk, you can't even set your homepage to anything other than Vodafone.
rustypup

Re: Blackberry 8520

Post by rustypup »

are you referring to vodafone live?... because that isn't the browser... the browser is a rather bland looking globe called, surprisingly enough, "Browser"... :/

or you could grab opera mini... but i loathe it with a passion because it requires that you specifically choose to exit... which is, frankly, a huge leap backwards...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Install Opera mini-I find it rocks compared to the stock browser.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
U_571

Post by U_571 »

rustypup wrote:are you referring to vodafone live?... because that isn't the browser... the browser is a rather bland looking globe called, surprisingly enough, "Browser"... :/

or you could grab opera mini... but i loathe it with a passion because it requires that you specifically choose to exit... which is, frankly, a huge leap backwards...
Yes vodafone live, when I open "browser" it opens vodafone live. It won't allow me to change the home address, or rather say I don't know how to. The home address is not editable in the settings which is weird.

and I despise opera mini I would rather use a text-based browser than opera.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Ah, an anti fan boy!

Why not grab the stock craberry rom off the rim website and flash it, and let us know if this fixes your problem
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

U_571 wrote:when I open "browser" it opens vodafone live.
Got to Options>Advanced Options>Browser

your default browser and default MDS browser should be "Blackberry Browser".
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
U_571

Post by U_571 »

rustypup wrote: your default browser and default MDS browser should be "Blackberry Browser".
Hey thanks it works.

When I tried that yesterday only Vodafone browser and Hotspot browser were available. Today Internet browser was another option. Magic?
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Download the lates BB desktop software form BB site and update you phone to OS 5. its currently running os 4. Also go to bb app world and download Bolt its a web browser works 100% on the 8520!
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
U_571

Post by U_571 »

Thank you.

I have another question: I'm not used to the chat-thread view of text messages. Is there a way to change it to view one message at a time instead of the conversation view?