So maybe windows will be overthrown. But not by Linux.

Discussion and support for any other operating system out there.
po10cy

Re: So maybe windows will be overthrown. But not by Linux.

Post by po10cy »

maybe they plan to create part of the OS like a console, with a basic platform to enable gaming, storing the game locally on the drive, and perhaps other files, like video clips, songs etc...but other than that everything else runs online. you make desktop shortcuts to webapps like you do with chrome, plus they developed each tab in chrome to run in its own processor thread so if one fails the rest are still live. Is there also not an option for you to access your gmail account if you are offline? If there is, im sure i read this somewhere, then thats another step closer to making this system work like a bomb. They might create it so if your net is down, files are stored locally, and automatically synchronised once your pc is back up onto the net.

It totally makes sense and they shouldnt NOT develop something like this just because a few countries have limited and slow internet connections, they shouldnt be held back by that. If they develop this then brilliant its another choice for the consumer to use, another open source product to have the OS developers who do charge to rethink their strategy. Who knows maybe it also urges poorly developed infrastructures in countries with slow connections to give themselves an upgrade.

Something like this can only promote growth in the industry and new technologies and options for the end user to emerge.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Mow wrote:overthrow ? No probably not. But i can see this system getting Mac like following.
So < 5% of the total desktop market share and 100% of the douchebag market share?

Sounds about right.
shiv

Post by shiv »

jamin_za wrote:
Mow wrote:overthrow ? No probably not. But i can see this system getting Mac like following.
So < 5% of the total desktop market share and 100% of the douchebag market share?

Sounds about right.
Haha good one.
As much as people try, I don't think MS is gonna get wiped off the face of the planet...
I read all that nonsense about "the year of linux" and similar stuff - all pointless.