Windows XP Pro 64bit - Sound issues

Discussion and support for any other operating system out there.
PFS

Windows XP Pro 64bit - Sound issues

Post by PFS »

Hi Guys (& Gals)

Wanted to hear if anyone could help me figure out why my sound drivers don't work. I have loaded XP 64 on my HP DV6145eu laptop, everything working and and and... but not my sound. I installed the UUA Microsoft sound thingy, and Conexant HD Audio drivers for XP 64, but nil sound. It says install/upgrade successful.

Thanx in advance

PFS*
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. (Stephen Hawking)
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Did you get those drivers from the HP site?
PFS

Post by PFS »

indeed. thinks got a mind of it's own it seems.

PFS*
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. (Stephen Hawking)
Linoman

Post by Linoman »

Hi there, if you look in the device manager, does it list your Conexant HD Audio device? If it does, make sure that its set as default device in your audio properties. If still no justice uninstall the driver and reinstall. Also make sure you have ALL updates for Windows XP x64