Dos auto install

Discussion and support for any other operating system out there.
Mercadian

Dos auto install

Post by Mercadian »

Hi guys.

Jeez, this is taking me back awhile as I'm sure it will you to. First off, how would I automate a DOS install? I know that DOS needs it's boot disks to work, unless you copy it to a CD and just format the hdd and copy the dos files into a dos folder and sys c.

This is all fine an well, but I'm wanting to take it a little further. Such as I want a CD to boot and run a batch file, for arguments sake install.bat. Now when the bat file is run I want it to do the following: A) fdisk the hdd unattended (got that to work) and B) reboot the PC then run another batch file that formats the newly created C drive, transfers system files, creates the DOS directory and copies the relevant files etc. I could proberbly do it using a menu, but would rather it just automatically run the install. Such as detect that FDISK has been run and goto an errorlevel and format. Make sense?

Been a LOOONG time since I played with my DOS batches. And before the comments start flying, yes people do still use dos, I me
an honestly, ever seen dos blue screen or crash? <G> Besides gotta play some old games sometimes :ÞAny help is appreciated.
.... Ahh yes, but is it art?