Motorola E398 XP Drivers

Discussion and support for any other operating system out there.
charles73

Motorola E398 XP Drivers

Post by charles73 »

Hi guys,

I have a problem being the disk for bluetooth drivers was not included with my new phone Motorola E398. So im having alot of trouble installing. Can anyone help me find these files.

Many Thanks
simmy

Post by simmy »

Im not sure, but I believe I also didnt get drivers for bluetooth with my phone (or installed off that cd), but I bought a USB/BT adapter and it came with drivers :D
Belix

Post by Belix »

Hmmm, yup the Motorola website is pretty hopeless.
Seems you need someting called "Mobile Phone Tools". I can't find a download sire for it, so it's a pity you don't still have the CD somewhere. It would have the drivers included.

As for the install, I found this which I ruthlessly pilaged off another website:
First of all, remove the TransFlash from your E398 (this Motorola guy told me it could "burn" or "blow" during transfers... I didn't check, but I don't want to lose money so I've done what he told me).

DO NOT connect the cable and/or the phone until "mobile Phone Tools" (which I'll call "mPT" for short) asks you to do so.

Install mPT from the CD, and reboot your computer if asked

Once your computer has rebooted, run mPT.

In the "Choose profile" dialog, DO NOT choose the default profile, this is why it doesn't work! Instead, create a new profile, give it a name, and click OK.

At the "Mobile Phone Installation Wizard" window, choose your connection type (USB in my case) and click Next.

NOW, connect the cable to the E398, make sure it is not security locked (keyboard and/or phone), then connect the USB end to the PC: Windows builds its driver database, finds the E398, and add it as a "Motorola USB Modem" in the Modem devices category.
I'll keep trying to find a download page....

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
Belix

Post by Belix »

What operating system are you using? Are you connecting to a laptop with built in Bluetooth or do you have a dongle?
Are you trying to install the Bluetooth dongle, or is the trouble with connecting to the phone. Perhaps we should be looking for the dongle drivers rather than the phone drivers?

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

The best person to speak to in this case would be GOKU, PM him ----> I'm sure he'll be more than happy to get you the drivers....

@ BElix, The phone comes with MobilePhoneTools cd, I'm sure he has it...Maybe GOKU can direct him where to find the drivers on the CD!

I too have what was an E398 but now its a V398...I killed the original firmware and heavily modified the fone...This is a very dangerous procedure for anyone who doesn't know what they are doing as you could kill the fone beyond self-repair... :twisted: :twisted:
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Hi sorry I'm going off topic, but how can I set up Instant Messaging on my V3, Cause I can't find anything on Vodacom's site.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Belix

Post by Belix »

Rid1 wrote: I too have what was an E398 but now its a V398...I killed the original firmware and heavily modified the fone...This is a very dangerous procedure for anyone who doesn't know what they are doing as you could kill the fone beyond self-repair... :twisted: :twisted:
Modified? Modified how?

Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

Sorry for the rather extremely late reply, But the Modding was done via reflashing the fone, I now have more speed, more space and an extremely better fone with all hidden features enabled, such as voice recording and etc....