Psd to html.

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
Shawn911

Psd to html.

Post by Shawn911 »

hi guys

i am fairly proud of myself going and learning myself Photoshop till where i am now.so i am confident in starting to help out a partner in designing websites.i do the design and he does the coding.the thing is i have been trying to find out if Photoshop cs5 alone would be able to take your design and with all the necessary steps to a fully functional HTML website.If not is there another programs to help me with this like visual basic. for example to take the design and import it to that program.

i know Dreamweaver can but don't have it at the moment.

i am a little uniformed about the whole web design coding game but am eager to gain info and learn,any info please.

thanks. :)
senile

Re: Psd to html.

Post by senile »

Visual Web Developer Express is freeware and really easy to learn from what I've heard.
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Shawn911 wrote:i have been trying to find out if Photoshop cs5 alone would be able to take your design and with all the necessary steps to a fully functional HTML website.

If not is there another programs to help me with this like visual basic [!!!!!!!!!!]. for example to take the design and import it to that program.
I would suggest you learn a bit more about HTML and CSS. You seem not slightly uninformed, but completely clusterfudged as to how HTML design works. It's not drag and drop. (Unless you use that horrible dreamweaver application.)
senile wrote:Visual Web Developer Express is freeware and really easy to learn from what I've heard.
Still not really drag and drop. You can drag and drop controls but it's horrible if you don't have a div layout in place.

Also, if you drag and drop, VWD adds a lot of unnecessary code to your webpage.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

senile wrote:Visual Web Developer Express is freeware and really easy to learn from what I've heard.
NO!!!!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Wow, epic necro. I'd like to think that Shawn911 has figured out in the last year whether or not Photoshop can do what he wants it to do.

:?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Necroing old tech threads.

Epic way of upping your post count?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Stuart wrote:Wow, epic necro. I'd like to think that Shawn911 has figured out in the last year whether or not Photoshop can do what he wants it to do.

:?
Sorry, didn't look at the original date, only senile's reply. :?
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Well it's not HTML but Adobe's Flash Catalyst can make flash websites out of your photoshop psd's.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium