Terms and Conditions

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Terms and Conditions

Post by Siemens »

Hey everyone,

I've decided to start making company logo's to earn some income while I'm buys looking for a job. I've set up all the templates for invoices and quotes etc.
The only thing that is bothering me is the Disclaimer or Terms and Conditions. What T&C can you suggest I use?

My mom also told me that if I use my own bank account that the company must have the same name as my bank account? As in, if they make the payment transfer and the dont use my account name(they use my business name) the payment wont go through?

Any help on these subjects will be much appreciated.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Terms and Conditions

Post by Stuart »

I could be wrong, but I would beg to differ with your mom on the account name score. I know it USED to be like that, and it still is to a degree with cheque payments, but for EFTs and direct deposits it's the account number and branch code that counts. (Although some tellers might be sticky with a direct deposit.)

We have a service contract at work with Konica Minolta Direct. When we first signed the contract they were called Minolta East, which is the name we used in the Internet banking system for EFTs. When they changed the name they informed us, but I never bothered to change it on the system, and payment still goes through every month.

I also recently paid (via EFT) Weltevreden Carpets under the name Selborne Carpet Wholesalers, and payment went through without a hitch.

If you're concerned, just put your name on all invoices to customers. It may not look the most professional, but you're only doing this part time.
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

I think what you are doing would be art in a way. So maybe visit some art sites or even logo design sites and see what their T&C's are. Google seems to bring up plenty results.

Only cheques would give you a problem. Cause you are acting as a sole prop I assume? I think you can ask the bank to make a change on there system to accept both. I can deposit cheques made out to me personally or the business name and it goes through fine. Before it had to be my name until I barked at them to change it.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

I've found a really good T&C and I ammended it to suite my needs. It seems sufficient.

As for the bank thing.
I'll just ask the clients to make the payment to my name for now.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

How do I transfer the copyright? Do I just create a pdf stating I hereby transfer all copyright on of this logo to <name> and is therfor allowed to be used commercially?
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

How do I transfer the copyright? Do I just create a pdf stating I hereby transfer all copyright on of this logo to <name> and is therfor allowed to be used commercially?
Actually what you want to do is transfer the right of use not ownership, always state you have the right to change the template for use in other logo's.If you transfer ownership, you might find your self in trouble as you will be giving them ownership over every thing including templates used.Which means you can't even use a modified template, colour, ect...