Study Graphic Design in DBN

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
thrillseeker75

Study Graphic Design in DBN

Post by thrillseeker75 »

hi,

whats a good institute to study graphic design, im looking for a diploma/ degree qualification.
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Re: Study Graphic Design in DBN

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

Hi there.

At the moment I'm busy doing a bachelor's degree in Visual Arts which covers the whole graphics design and animation department. I am studying through Unisa and even though they are a major headache when it comes to organization, but it works out at the end. Unfortunately I am only in first year so I can't give you the entire program of what to expect, however creativity is required in most projects and half the time you're doing projects that don't relate to what you want to do in the future but it is a good start.

I see you live in Durbs, which will help alot when attending workshops, thats if you go through Unisa.

Good luck.

*ps, I highly recommend you go for a degree as a diploma seems to be worthless in this day and age especially if you have an interest of working abroad*
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Re: Study Graphic Design in DBN

Post by Siemens »

I want to do a crash course in Graphics Design. In the JHB area.
What do anyone recommend? I just want to do it as a hobby so I'm not looking for something that will take me a whole year.
If not that then please recommend me a good book that covers Graphics designing.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart