Rate my new company logo

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rate my new company logo

Post by maxxis »

Glad I could help.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I don't like the textured ones, but I personally quite like the two-tone version. Heck, I'd even go for it just because Synthia doesn't like it ...

:twisted:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Stuart wrote:I don't like the textured ones, but I personally quite like the two-tone version. Heck, I'd even go for it just because Synthia doesn't like it ...

:twisted:
+1

One of the rare moments I actually have to agree with the rat. :P

Just make the blue a tad darker or try and keep it more to the hue lvl of the red one.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I'd still remove the "computers" part. It sounds like a dime a dozen.
Unless you have a budget to go big on advertising where the "computers" part will make sense so people know at first glance what you are about, drop it. Small businesses almost exclusively work on word of mouth from customer to customer - if your client service and product offering sets you apart you won't need to distinguish yourself by adding "computers" to the name.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

You can do what I do - have two logos and names. My company's registered name has "Presentations" at the end, but as we do more than just presentations now, we have dropped that and go with the first name only. All formal documentation contains the full name but advertising and business cards have the shortened name on it. There has been no confusion at all. And our name doesn't say what we do either.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I don't like the textured ones, but I personally quite like the two-tone version. Heck, I'd even go for it just because Synthia doesn't like it ...
I like it too, very much actually, but the points made by Synthesis are valid. I would guess that for someone to remember a brand name, they have to be able to easily pronounce/read it first. It helps if they are able to read it with a quick glance after it has caught their eye, even without necessarily doing it consciously. Then the next time they see it it might have an air of familiarity to it, which is good. I have to use every way I can think of to creep into the public consciousness. But it is time to just decide and get it over with. Each one has its own appeal and plus and minus points, but I am going with the maxxis original.
I'd still remove the "computers" part. It sounds like a dime a dozen.
I get what you are saying, but they aren't as dime a dozen down here in Welkom as elsewhere. A well thought out campaign to make the public aware of Kalster Computers involves at first some good quality fliers, local news paper adverts and possibly even some merchandising (caps for golf days and such). These strategies don't cost that much money, but it does create a good first impression. With these initial strategies I think the Computers bit would be especially useful, as a prospective customer's experience with the logo would tell him what he wants to know, i.e. a Computer hardware company that is seemingly above the average garage builders (judging by the cool merchandise and professional looking fliers etc). Upon Tribble's suggestion I might make another logo for PR purposes. I just want a guy reading the logo to actually know what the company does. Edit: "Unless you have a budget to go big on advertising where the "computers" part will make sense so people know at first glance what you are about, drop it." Oh, I see you said all of this already. Yeah, luckily I think an effective marketing campaign does not necessarily have to be very expensive.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

some things to consider:

1. Maxxis logo is very nice, its modern and elegant, and you are right about keeping it one colour, but you might want to have a version without the shadow for times when it is not practical or too expensive to have it. For example when branding vehicles, its cheaper and looks much better to have a solid colour vinyl cutout instead of a print, especially if you car is not white. Emrboidery is another time where a single colour logo is preferable.
2. In order for a logo to be memorable without a blitzkrieg advertising campaign, it has to have something quirky. For example the company I work for has a goldfish in the logo. People may forget the name but they always remember the fish. I realize its not for everyone, but its worth keeping in mind.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:2. In order for a logo to be memorable without a blitzkrieg advertising campaign, it has to have something quirky. For example the company I work for has a goldfish in the logo. People may forget the name but they always remember the fish. I realize its not for everyone, but its worth keeping in mind.
Good point ... have you considered a lense flare?
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Stuart wrote:Good point ... have you considered a lense flare?
I said quirky not cheesy. ;)

Other examplesare Apple's bitten Apple, Ferrari's horse, WWF panda, etc...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Wooot the world wrestling federations is wrestling with pandas now ????
Lets give the world wildlife federation a call.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
reyals

Post by reyals »

this is why people pay designers.

remember also that a logo isn't just an image, but it needs a visual language to go with it.
this is called a corporate identity, and is very important to etch your brand into your customers minds.

and NEVER use glare... or comic sans for that matter...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Agree on that comic font - unless you are a very very casual company :lol:

Another nice nekro ;-)
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Yeah, it is WAY past the point of changing logos and stuff. The online store is due shortly!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Can we see it? Sneak preview so to speak?
Studio Touch Visagie

Post by Studio Touch Visagie »

Personally, I would rather trust a local brand like "Kallie Computers" so there is nothing wrong with that. The logo is very nice as well,