Photo watermarking

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Photo watermarking

Post by DJT »

I know we've had a thread like this a while ago, but that was with an app for Linux. This is to all those photographers out there.

I am starting to try take photographs seriously and I want to leave a watermark on them. I know i can manually do it to each individual photogrpah, but i know you get progs that do it automatically.

Does anyone know of a decent one that is free, or relatively cheap? Or even just any decent prog...

Thanks in advance
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: Photo watermarking

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I use an app called Phatch. It's a linux app, yes, but you can get it working on Windows quite easily.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

DAE_JA_VOO, thanks man. Gonna take a look at it
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I do all mine manually but would also like one that works well on XP. Going to be doing hundreds on Monday and would like to put the schools logo on each - and don't want to do a frame.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Phatch resizes, watermarks, and borders my images all in one go for me. Look at this:

WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Tribble wrote:I do all mine manually but would also like one that works well on XP. Going to be doing hundreds on Monday and would like to put the schools logo on each - and don't want to do a frame.
Why don't you just use photoshop? Batch processor for the win?
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

WiK1d, would be nice if I had bought Photoshop :lol: Don't even have room to install new software on my machine lol. I will check Phatch out.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Such an app can actually be very usefull. I tried to google one for xp , there is a phatch but its more of a hacked one so that it can work on xp.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Siemens wrote:Such an app can actually be very usefull. I tried to google one for xp , there is a phatch but its more of a hacked one so that it can work on xp.
yeah. I use it on XP too.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

I finally got phatch to work on xp.
It was a mission trying to figure out how to make it work since the phatch website isn't very detailed.
Also when I got it running it was so confusing since most of the stuff I didn't see immediately.

After playing around this is what i managed
It still needs a little tweaking from my side untill it is good.

Any tips Dae? What settings do you use ?
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Also , is it legal to put a watermark on a picture I found on the net that doesn't have a watermark on it?
Zana

Post by Zana »

Siemens wrote:Also , is it legal to put a watermark on a picture I found on the net that doesn't have a watermark on it?
If that picture is copyrighted to someone else , yes and you watermark it as if you the original of it, it would be yes its illegal, I would be so upset if someone did that to my art, download it and put there watermark on my image.
Love and hugs
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

True - if the image isn't yours - you may not put a watermark on it. But if it is a stock image and you change it to make it part of your own, you can. But it is polite to mention the stock pictures you used.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Hmm. But I only want to add watermarks so that other people dont take my pics from my blog and use it on theirs. Even so I understand , I would hate it if someone puts their logo on my work.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Is Phatch still the prefered application or is there a better option for Windows Vista and Windows 7? I want to start watermarking my pictures.

Thanks

Edit: and that preferably does not need me to install python and a number of other packages? :?
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

For simple bathc watermarking of photos, try VSO-Resizer. Extremely light on resources, super fast and also does resizing, borders, renaming etc. You get an unlimited period trial version that simply has a little nag screen when it starts up.

Edit: the pic has been resized a couple of time thus the watermark is "fuzzy". Damn web images.
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

I just want to update from what I said last. Phatch is brilliant. It is worth the additional installs of python etc. It really makes blogging a lot easier.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yep, I'm still a phatch user. Love that app so much :D
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Maybe Phatch should be explained a bit better. Phatch allows you to do large amount of photos in a few seconds. It does not only do watermarks but a lot of other editing options for batch photo editing (thus phatch) It's simple and quick and does the job well.