F1 2011!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: F1 2011!

Post by THE_STIG »

Well I thought everybody would be moaning about Hamilton :lol: ......Yes some of his actions were extremely reckless but then again Monaco is a crap gp with absolutely no overtaking points so you need to be selfish and mad in order to get past anyone.

I was extremely sorry for Button who got hit with the usual McLaren bad luck :x , if it was not for those safety cars, one ironically caused by his team-mate he would have won that race with a pretty big lead......he was way faster than vettel, but as usual Vettel has too much luck, this reminds me of the bad old Schumacher days :cry:

now that I mention Schumacher, I was pretty sad to see his car just give up as he was doing pretty well :(
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

@ Stig yes Monaco is a carp GP for over taking but look at the amount of drivers who were able to make CLEAN passes in this race alone and Hamilton's excuse's hold no grounds. If the only way he is going to pass is by shunting everyone then he needs to go drive Destruction Derbies not F1.

Button did hit a bad stretch of bad luck and in my eyes deserved to win that race after the Bulls stuffed up the pit stops. If the Bulls had not done such a bad job I dont think Button would have had such a huge advantage. But this is F1 and its been far from predictable this year, yes Vettel has been winning a heck of a lot but in the last couple of races he had to work very very hard for those wins. Webber is also having a disastrous time this year in the sister Red Bull.

Schumi did some awesome overtaking moves, clean ones at that with no heated emotion a true driver ;). So yes it was a pity to see him go out like that however that Merc did not look happy in either his hands or Rosbergs and I really hope they get the car sorted out.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

i share my birthday with Ralf Schumacher..... :mrgreen:

ok ok.... i'm leaving now Anky...... :run4hills:
don't get you knickers in a knot....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: Silly female can only post useless junk... :whistling: BTW Why dont you show off your "license" so to say? :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

lols... it's on my fridge... in it's packaging... :)

just a pity that i won't be in Belgium when the Belgium GP is on..... but i will be there when it is the European GP....
but that's in Valencia..... and we won't be going that way....
Last edited by KatrynKat on 30 May 2011, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

You mean Valencia KK.......F1 does not go to Vienna :lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Anakha56 wrote:......If the Bulls had not done such a bad job I dont think Button would have had such a huge advantage.

Webber is also having a disastrous time this year in the sister Red Bull.
I don't think so, button was on average a second a lap faster than Vettel and that was not just because of the tires. The McLaren is faster during the race than it is in qualifying :) .

I just cant seem to figure out why he is doing so badly, his team-mate is dominating in the exact same car :? .
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Good point made on P-F1 is that red flags tend to occur in bad weather (Brazil 2003, Malaysia 2009), and therefore it would be dangerous to deny the drivers to change tyres under such circumstances. Which makes sense - don't see how it would be unfair. Did deprive us of a potentially epic finish to the race though, but that can't really be helped.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Ron2K wrote:Good point made on P-F1 is that red flags tend to occur in bad weather (Brazil 2003, Malaysia 2009), and therefore it would be dangerous to deny the drivers to change tyres under such circumstances. Which makes sense - don't see how it would be unfair. Did deprive us of a potentially epic finish to the race though, but that can't really be helped.
Yes that is a good point.......Vettel got very lucky, he could have easily ended up in 3rd if he had to go to the end on those tires
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Best case, Alonso and Button would have gotten past him (Alonso 1st, Button 2nd, Vettel 3rd). Worst case, he would have done a Sutil and ended up in the barriers.

Interestingly, Button was holding back, waiting for Alonso to make his move on Vettel - and was waiting to take advantage of any contact that may have occurred between the pair of them.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Ron2K wrote:^^ Best case, Alonso and Button would have gotten past him (Alonso 1st, Button 2nd, Vettel 3rd). Worst case, he would have done a Sutil and ended up in the barriers.

Interestingly, Button was holding back, waiting for Alonso to make his move on Vettel - and was waiting to take advantage of any contact that may have occurred between the pair of them.
Button was way faster than Alonso. For Button to overtake Vettel and Alonso in 1 go in Monaco is impossible. That is why Button was at the back of Alonso the whole time. When he came out of the pits he was beating alonso about 3seconds per lap which is a HUGE amount faster when measured in F1.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Hamilton has turned into a winy punk. I never trust anyone with a beard like his.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Siemens wrote:
Ron2K wrote:^^ Best case, Alonso and Button would have gotten past him (Alonso 1st, Button 2nd, Vettel 3rd). Worst case, he would have done a Sutil and ended up in the barriers.

Button was way faster than Alonso. For Button to overtake Vettel and Alonso in 1 go in Monaco is impossible. That is why Button was at the back of Alonso the whole time. When he came out of the pits he was beating alonso about 3seconds per lap which is a HUGE amount faster when measured in F1.

If that had to happen at a normal race track Button would have passed Vettel and possibly Alonso. If only button had not pitted just before that first safety car, he would have won the race :(
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

WTH have the FIA decided to reinstate the Bahrain GP, it is still much to dangerous there and that track is crap.

It seems that I am not the only one who does not support their decision: UK warns of Bahrain 'disaster'
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Wow - what a race!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Ron2K wrote:Wow - what a race!
+ Infinity. That was a awesome drive from Button. Seb showed that he still has a lot to learn and I doubt he will make the same mistakes again. I feel for MS he drove like his old self however I think his wet setup is what did him in the end. Webber did another solid drive. Just hope Button does not get penalized that would not be nice...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Yes, fantastic race. Too bad for Vettel, but I think something has to go seriously wrong for him to still lose this year's championship. Amazing drive by Button. I am not a fan, but you can't deny how great his drive was. One thing though, as much as I hated Schumacher in his prime, it was kind of sad not having him end up on the podium. I hope he continues for another season and gets a better car. How great would a season be with Vettel, Webber, Hamilton, Button, Alonso and Schumacher all being close to each other!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Well it will happen in Silverstone ;). No more blown diffusers which could ultimately mean the end of the Red Bull dominating speed.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... :lol:

Great race by Button yeah, especially since he was almost taken out by his team mate.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

YES! That's my boy! I'm so happy. Can't stop doing backflips.
Nice win Button! I'd like to see other drivers even attempt to win a race after 6 pitstops. With this win he is now 2nd in the drivers championship. What a great race. It was well worth the hours of waiting. YES!!!
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

what a wet race....
gave up watching just before they restarted the race after the rain... and went to bed... :)
but Congrats to all!!
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

That was probably the best race I have ever watched :D :D :D :D :D The start was a little disappointing but after the very long red flag period things got so exciting that I stopped feeling depressed because McLaren were doing so badly and started cheering for MS(a few years ago I would be booing him :lol: ). Button had a rough day, he had been through the pit lane 6 times and with something like 16 laps to go he was in stone last place :cry: , but he managed to pass just about everybody and win the race. Jenson was on fire, that was truly a deserving win.......and finally Vettel cracked under pressure and allowed the much much faster McLaren to pass him on the last lap for the win.

This is why I am a McLaren supporter, when they win they truly deserve it and don't just end up there because the FIA loves them(*cough Ferrari cough*) or because they have tones of luck(RBR).
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Although it's probably difficult to support Lewis Hamilton right now. Sheesh, that guy has really been driving like a chop lately. Alonso's move on Button was almost as bad though (and he too got his just reward).

Button's drive was just phenomenal though (guess Vettel is human, after all). Also a good drive from Webber who recovered nicely from being spun out by Le Chop early on, and Schumacher who showed how good in the wet he is (honestly, who did NOT want him to hang on for a podium at the end?).
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

If the race didnt restart KObayashi would have been 2nd XD
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Ron2K wrote:^^ Although it's probably difficult to support Lewis Hamilton right now. Sheesh, that guy has really been driving like a chop lately. Alonso's move on Button was almost as bad though (and he too got his just reward).

Button's drive was just phenomenal though (guess Vettel is human, after all). Also a good drive from Webber who recovered nicely from being spun out by Le Chop early on, and Schumacher who showed how good in the wet he is (honestly, who did NOT want him to hang on for a podium at the end?).
Yea I really wanted to see MS on the podium, it would have been nice to see something other than a red bull up there.
About Hamilton, well I kind of agree with what Eddy Jordan was saying about him racing as hard as he can and that we should not try to calm him. I have to watch that race again, it was fantastic as it was exciting, lots of overtaking, crashes, Alonso ended up stuck on the kerb( :lol: :lol: :lol: ), MS was driving wonderfully, there was rain and best of all my team and one of my favourite drives won :D

Siemens wrote:If the race didnt restart KObayashi would have been 2nd XD

I was very happy to see him there :) , but to be honest I prefer how things actually turned out :wink: