2010/2011 Uefa champions league.

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Prime

2010/2011 Uefa champions league.

Post by Prime »

Who are you supporting? Who do you think will be in the finals or at least the semis?
naughty

Re: 2010/2011 Uefa champions league.

Post by naughty »

im supporting Manchester United

its too early to predict with any certainty who are the favourites yet - some top teams may not even reach the knockout rounds LOL
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Prime

Post by Prime »

I'm rooting for Bayern Munchen. Seems we are finding our form in the Bundesliga at long last.
naughty wrote:im supporting Manchester United

its too early to predict with any certainty who are the favourites yet - some top teams may not even reach the knockout rounds LOL
There is always the share of upstarts too :lol:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Made of fail: Cluj scored 2 own goals. :facepalm:

It appears Cadu was involved in the third. Wow! Green has nothing on this guy :lol:
Prime

Post by Prime »

So as of last night, the following teams are qualified:

Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
Sakura454

Post by Sakura454 »

Lets see I believe the following teams will be in the mix

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich(best), Barcelona, Man U, Chelsea

Finals prediction
Bayern 2:1 Barcelona
ADT

Post by ADT »

Man U - OBVIOUSLY :P
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Prime

Post by Prime »

Sakura454 wrote:Lets see I believe the following teams will be in the mix

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich(best), Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea

Finals prediction
Bayern 2:1 Barcelona
Fixed :evil4:

Currently it looks like Tottenham, Schalke 04, Man U, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Shaktar Donesk are all top of group
naughty

Post by naughty »

okay gents we can safely say that the above predictions were not entirely correct ..... its looking likely that the semi-finals are going to be

1) Manchester United VS Schalke 04 (barring a major tremendous comeback from inter but the stats are not in Inters favour - in the last 170 games where a team has won away from home and needs to just avoid defeat in the second leg you have had only 2 instances where the away side managed to overcome this and go on to win on the aggregate ..... but im not trying to cast any doubts on inters pedigree but they need to score 3 away goals to win there and still keep a clean sheet)

2) looking very likely to be Barcelona vs Real madrid unless Spurs can score 5 goals as well as keep a clean sheet at White Hart Lane tomorrow but even though Harry has worked wonders for Tottenham - his surname is Redknapp not Potter - so i will be very surprised if Spurs win 5 nil tomorrow even if Gareth Bale has a blinder of a game

right now im reckoning that a very likely final would be Man United VS Barcelona because i do know that at this late stage of the tournament United are not going to lapse in concentration at least until the final and Barcelona have already seen off Real Madrid in the "EL CLASSICO" with a score of 5 nil once already this season so it doesnt look too good for Real unless Barca are really off the boil (which they are not judging from the 6-1 aggregate victory margin over Shaktar Donetsk who are traditionally very hard to beat in european games)

United could lose to Schalke 04 but i really feel that between Inter and Schalke ...... Inter would be more difficult opponents to face but Inter did lapse in concentration too much at the San Siro and they are probably going to have a really uphill struggle to reach that semi-final spot ..... United have been in this position too many times in the last decade to let it slip until they reach the final

Its really too bad for Chelsea that Roman decided to meddle and insist that his 50 million pound man had to play against United - i think that they stood a better chance with Didier Drogba playing against United - Torres may have showed great potential around three years ago but he seems to have lost his MOJO in the last two seasons and has just gone totally off the boil to transform from a hero to a zero not only for Liverpool fans but anyone who follows football would be disappointed in his last two seasons because he is currently nowhere near the player he showed promise of becoming three years ago .... yet somehow this time im delighted that he started against United cos Chelsea's attack while he was on the pitch had the potency of a "damp squib" or a "starched doily"..... for the sake of the future of the game overall i do sincerely hope that he comes good next season (at least better than he has been so far this season for both the clubs he played for)
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Prime

Post by Prime »

Yeah, I was disappointed to see Bayern exit to inter but they've been playing like crap all season. I think LVG got lucky last season, because whatever formula he had, he has so failed to replicate it. I'm suprised he lasted so long before being sacked.

Everybody forgets, schalke was until recently one of the better teams in the bundesliga. They may not win trophies that often but more often than not, they were runners up in the past.

They'll face a tough match against Manchester united if they go through (And I can't see inter staging a comeback, a win maybe but a 4 goal rout will be almost impossible in the Veltins-Arena). And they have Nueur. :D

As for Real Madrid, don't put it past Jose to best Barca, should he win tonight, he has a near flawless home record. Barca will need to be at their best in that case. That said, the last classico was epic. :)

Then again, things happen. If Gareth Bale comes to the party and van der vaart plays, we may yet see a different outcome tonight. Tottenham did beat milan at the san siro.
naughty

Post by naughty »

As for Real Madrid, don't put it past Jose to best Barca, should he win tonight, he has a near flawless home record. Barca will need to be at their best in that case. That said, the last classico was epic.
Yep Jose has a fantastic home record - he just lost one match around two weeks back in the last 11 years - thats incredible - 11 years without a home defeat in all the clubs he has managed ..... it boggles the mind :shock: - the last classico was indeed epic and i reckon that a semi-final clash between the two Spanish sides would be a mouth watering prospect
Then again, things happen. If Gareth Bale comes to the party and van der vaart plays, we may yet see a different outcome tonight. Tottenham did beat milan at the san siro.
i still think that its a bridge too far - as it stands right now spurs need to win 5 nil and then add a goal for each goal that Madrid scores - and i would expect them to score - they have too many brilliant individual players not to score even though those dont necessarily always gel as a team - i reckon spurs can win the game but not in the margin required to go thorough or even to scare madrid in any way
Everybody forgets, schalke was until recently one of the better teams in the bundesliga. They may not win trophies that often but more often than not, they were runners up in the past.
this is very true that everyone tends to underestimate schalke merely because we dont encounter them often enough or hear of them that much ..... this does not mean that they are a bad team and if Untied do want to beat them they will need to be at their best and they cannot take it as a given - this off course is dependent on Inter not managing to stage a huge comeback and once again while i believe that this is achievable i dont think Inter will quite manage away from home
And they have Nueur. :D
great goalkeeper - United have also been looking at buying him but he wants to stay with schalke so yep he is one of the players who could make a difference in this tournament for schalke's hopes
Prime

Post by Prime »

naughty wrote:
As for Real Madrid, don't put it past Jose to best Barca, should he win tonight, he has a near flawless home record. Barca will need to be at their best in that case. That said, the last classico was epic.
Yep Jose has a fantastic home record - he just lost one match around two weeks back in the last 11 years - thats incredible - 11 years without a home defeat in all the clubs he has managed ..... it boggles the mind :shock: - the last classico was indeed epic and i reckon that a semi-final clash between the two Spanish sides would be a mouth watering prospect
But it's been broken which just goes to show that It can be done, it's psychological. :)

i still think that its a bridge too far - as it stands right now spurs need to win 5 nil and then add a goal for each goal that Madrid scores - and i would expect them to score - they have too many brilliant individual players not to score even though those dont necessarily always gel as a team - i reckon spurs can win the game but not in the margin required to go thorough or even to scare madrid in any way.
Yeah, thats true. I was extremely disappointed at they first leg performance. This is not the same spurs who ran rings round inter.
this is very true that everyone tends to underestimate schalke merely because we dont encounter them often enough or hear of them that much ..... this does not mean that they are a bad team and if Untied do want to beat them they will need to be at their best and they cannot take it as a given - this off course is dependent on Inter not managing to stage a huge comeback and once again while i believe that this is achievable i dont think Inter will quite manage away from home
It's been 36 minutes and Schalke's defending is impeccable tonight. :) I'm waiting for that first goal to change the match.
And they have Nueur. :D
great goalkeeper - United have also been looking at buying him but he wants to stay with schalke so yep he is one of the players who could make a difference in this tournament for schalke's hopes
[/quote]

Bayern want him too. Nueur has stated that he sees no reason to leave Germany. if they win tonight, I don't see him leaving Schalke. Team morale has picked up with Magath gone.
Prime

Post by Prime »

What's interesting is that when schalke go on the attack, they are clinical (3 out of 5 converted with one disqualified). Inter are like Bayern when it comes to squandering chances. :roll:
Prime

Post by Prime »

naughty

Post by naughty »

ROFLMAO at that goal.com article - thats some real funny stuff right there