The Rugby Thread (All Leagues and Tournaments)

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ADT

Re: The Rugby Thread (All Leagues and Tournaments)

Post by ADT »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
Sojourn wrote:So it is OK if the wannabe rugbyfan aka draadsitter slaps me with attitude, but firing back is not allowed?
F that shyte.
She does not sit on the draad. I am sure should those three teams she supports have a face-off she has a favorite which she will support.

Well let's just put it like this WP/ Stormers will always be my 2nd team (since i lived for most of my life in Cape Town) i scream for them when they play against any other team except The Sharks, so does this also make me draadsitter then? :? ~ , so i understand KK's point, but still this Wkend it's War :twisted:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

ADT wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:
Sojourn wrote:So it is OK if the wannabe rugbyfan aka draadsitter slaps me with attitude, but firing back is not allowed?
F that shyte.
She does not sit on the draad. I am sure should those three teams she supports have a face-off she has a favorite which she will support.

Well let's just put it like this WP/ Stormers will always be my 2nd team (since i lived for most of my life in Cape Town) i scream for them when they play against any other team except The Sharks, so does this also make me draadsitter then? :? ~ , so i understand KK's point, but still this Wkend it's War :twisted:
it's next weekend.... and yes... it is war!!!

and what we like to call the WP... the colgate stripe team... :mrgreen:

and sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes.... thought i could give my opinion on something that i like watching....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

ADT wrote: Well let's just put it like this WP/ Stormers will always be my 2nd team (since i lived for most of my life in Cape Town) i scream at them when they play against any other team except The Sharks, so does this also make me draadsitter then? :? ~ , so i understand KK's point, but still this Wkend it's War :twisted:
Fixed that for you... draadsitter. :whistling:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
ADT

Post by ADT »

doo_much wrote:
ADT wrote: Well let's just put it like this WP/ Stormers will always be my 2nd team (since i lived for most of my life in Cape Town) i scream at them when they play against any other team except The Sharks, so does this also make me draadsitter then? :? ~ , so i understand KK's point, but still this Wkend it's War :twisted:
Fixed that for you... draadsitter. :whistling:

Pppfft Blou bul :P
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
japie_my_skapie

Post by japie_my_skapie »

Habana Kabana is still a Blue Bull in his heart, that is why he was reluctant to score tries for WP. I laughed so hard when he was tackled without the ball during the Cheetas game, I hope the Sharks do the same to bring his ego back to the floor :D :sparta:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

japie_my_skapie wrote:Habana Kabana is still a Blue Bull in his heart, that is why he was reluctant to score tries for WP.
WTH? Dude, you either have a completely alien sense of humour or you just don't think before you speak. I'm leaning toward the latter right now. :roll:
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I am a Cheetah supporter (as I live in the Free State).

The teams I hate, ordered from most to least are:

Blue Bulls
Sharks
WP
Don't care much what happens to the Lions, as long as we beat them whenever we play them.

So, as the Sharks are almost as bad as the Bulls, I'd have to side with WP, even though they trounced us last weekend.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ADT

Post by ADT »

Stuart wrote:
japie_my_skapie wrote:Habana Kabana is still a Blue Bull in his heart, that is why he was reluctant to score tries for WP.
WTH? Dude, you either have a completely alien sense of humour or you just don't think before you speak. I'm leaning toward the latter right now. :roll:

Even i am confused..WTF :?
Spoiler (show)
japie_my_skapie

Stuart wrote:WTH? Dude, you either have a completely alien sense of humour or you just don't think before you speak. I'm leaning toward the latter right now. :roll:
That is quite possible... but I was not trying to be funny :? Generally I don't think before I type, I just go with the flow and try to make as minimum errors as possible.

Am I the only one that knows Habana's nicknames? Habana Kabana, Haba-nero, Mister Kardinaal?
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

japie_my_skapie wrote:Generally I don't think before I type
That explains everything...
japie_my_skapie wrote:I just go with the flow and try to make as much errors as possible
Fixed that for you :whistling:

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

fallen_angel wrote:
japie_my_skapie wrote:Generally I don't think before I type
That explains everything...
japie_my_skapie wrote:I just go with the flow and try to make as many errors as possible
Fixed that for you :whistling:
Fixed that for you. :P
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

Thanx Kalster. I was still retardedly (check spelling) tired there. plus I was dragged down and beaten with experience

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

ADT

Post by ADT »

lancelot wrote:Image
:eyebrow:
Spoiler (show)
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

It is so amusing to see some people get so worked up about the rugby, this is only some light banter, whoever wins, wins.
jee

Post by jee »

I really want the Cheetahs to win..... *grins*

You know, i remember when i was much younger, and still living with my parents - WP was the team. I remember how we shouted for them playing against Transvaal, who we hated with a passion.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
ADT

Post by ADT »

lancelot wrote:It is so amusing to see some people get so worked up about the rugby, this is only some light banter, whoever wins, wins.

agreed , i take my rugby(sport in general) quite serious but not in a way like in hooligans :wink:
Spoiler (show)
japie_my_skapie

There's a lingerie american football league in USA. Why don't we have that here it will be a smash hit
ADT

Post by ADT »

If you are on Twitter, join the great WP vs SHARKS war on twitter, some nice pre-match excitement :)

follow these people

@Just_Sharks - Sharks Fans
@JustWP - WP Fans
Spoiler (show)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

So the Leopards are looking set to retain their premier division status, but things are looking interesting in the EP/Pumas clash after a first round draw this weekend. Would be nice to see EP contesting the Currie Cup again.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sharks pick WP to win Currie Cup

Edit: Did someone rig this vote too? Because, seriously, nine people voting for a draw? :eyebrow:
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

i just noticed it too... looks like it!
the votes for WP and Sharks are what they were before the whole vote rigging fiasco....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
ADT

Post by ADT »

Spoiler (show)
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Nice ( . Y .), go Lohan, go WP, go Sharks, sushi tomorrow!
senile

Post by senile »

lancelot wrote:Nice ( . Y .), go Lohan, go WP, go Sharks, sushi tomorrow!
Where's the ( . Y . ) :?:

Go WP!