Super 14 2010

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
doo_much

Re: Super 14 2010

Post by doo_much »

Mykhal wrote:
Disrupter wrote:Doo that is going to be a final
If it is a North/South final, where is it going to be played?

Orlando Stadium!

LMGA :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Mykhal wrote:
Disrupter wrote:Doo that is going to be a final
If it is a North/South final, where is it going to be played?
North
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

That's what I thought :(

I was hoping there was a way for the final to be on Newlands!
Dual Core E2140@1.6GHz, 2 Gig Ram, 500 Gig Samsung HD, 80 Gig Maxtor, Geforce 7300se :oops:
Thanx Ama :notworthy:
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Could not wait until Monday, Stormers actually thrashed the Bulls. Oh well, it was the Bulls choice to send a much changed team to Newlands. Now they have to overcome this heavy defeat, play the Crusaders at Orlando and then prepare for the final if they make it. The Crusaders have a point to prove.

If you think that the Bulls will win easily against the Crusaders, think again, the same goes for the Stormers, but at least they play at Newlands, if the Crusaders win, and the Stormers win, we will have a final at Newlands, this is what I would like to see.
Stormers will then take the honours.

BTW, well done Chelsea!
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

Although I am a Stormer supporter, I really wish it was closer. Now all the arguments about a "weakend" team seems to be right!
Still - any loss for the arrogant Bulls in my book!
Dual Core E2140@1.6GHz, 2 Gig Ram, 500 Gig Samsung HD, 80 Gig Maxtor, Geforce 7300se :oops:
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

yay! Go stormers!
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Mykhal wrote:Although I am a Stormer supporter, I really wish it was closer. Now all the arguments about a "weakend" team seems to be right!
I'd have to say it is right. I seriously think the Bulls were secretly hoping for a Stormers win and Newlands semi. If they meet again in the final it will be a true test.

I actually think the Stormers should've scored quite a few more. If they hold onto the ball as selfishly in the semifinal, goodbye Super 14.
Disrupter

Post by Disrupter »

We will give the stormers this one. They are so full om themselves at the moment. But Rember the final in Soweto,will be another ball game
Imageoempie.png[/img][/url]
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Are they back to playing in Soweto again? I thought they said they were going to use Loftus regardless of the World Cup.
Disrupter

Post by Disrupter »

Soweto here we come
Disrupter

Post by Disrupter »

The Blue Bulls Company (Pty) Ltd would like to announce that the tickets for the Vodacom Super 14 semifinal at Orlando Stadium in Soweto on 22 May 2010 at 17:00 will be available on Monday, 17 May 2010. The cost per ticket will be R 250.

Season ticket holders:

Season ticket holders will have first option to purchase tickets. These tickets will be available from Supersport Park in Centurion. Season ticket holders will have until Tuesday, 18 May 2010 at 16:00 to purchase their tickets where after it will be made available to the public. Office hours: 09:00 to 16:00

Public:

The public can buy tickets through Computicket on Monday, 17 May 2010 at 09:00.

Suite Owners:

Suite owners will be allocated free tickets according to the size of their suites and will have the option of buying hospitality packages. These tickets will be available from Supersport Park in Centurion onWednesday, 19 May 2010. Office hours: 09:00 to 16:00. Please note that Circa Hospitality is the exclusive hospitality agent.

Transport and logistics:

Information regarding the transport and logistics will be made available soon.

Please don’t contact Supersport Park regarding information and enquiries. Please contact the Blue Bulls Company (Pty) Ltd on 012 420 0700 for any further enquiries.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Disrupter wrote:We will give the stormers this one. They are so full om themselves at the moment. But Rember the final in Soweto,will be another ball game
Look at the game in perspective, Stormers are not full of themselves, they play to win and if they do it is because they are the better team on the day, Bulls made a choice, a poor one in my opinion but that was their prerogative, remember though, no team likes losing, the Bulls heads dropped when they saw that they were going to be outplayed, it was sad to see. Bakkies deliberate charge into Aplon was uncalled for and he will be lucky if he is not cited, it was just plain dirty form. That sort of thing happens when a team is staring defeat in the face.
Look carefully at the teams, their play and their tactics before making nonsensical remarks, give praise where it is due, it is no good just being a blind follower without any understanding of tactics and player abilities. Next week Bulls play Crusaders, it is quite obvious that Richie's team is out for revenge, this could just backfire though as the Bulls will be grateful to accept any mistakes on the Crusaders part. They are basically playing at a neutral ground, an unknown quantity with regards to kicking, the roll of the ball, the length of the grass etc; I for one find this to be unacceptable, the Bulls played for a home semi, a home semi is Loftus. Here we are bowing to that that fool Blatter and FIFA, to hell with them I say. I cannot, with tears in my bum, accept that one of our premier rugby grounds gets handed over to the kissing and hugging fairies while the Super 14 is still on. Go Bulls!

Stormers are a bit more lucky, they have a true home game, a full Newlands is pretty awesome. I do not think that the Waratahs have the fire power required, however I may be wrong. The Stormer backline is just too potent for them, they will have to spend time formulating a defensive plan and still try and score. I think that this one belongs to the Stormers.
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

I hate to say it, but I also feel sorry for the Bulls! Orlando is not Loftus! It is the same situation when the Stormers would have been forced to play the semi in Athlone, ie NOT THE SAME.

I do not think there are two stadiums that can beat the atmosphere of Newlands and Loftus. That is also why their supporters are so fanatical!

But look at the bright side - I think it will be an easier job for the Stormers to defeat the Bulls at Orlando.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

I actually think the Bulls have a very smart game-plan. By sending through fourteen "B" team players, should the two teams face up in the final, the Stormers will be facing a completely different team with different players and strategies to that from Saturday. It was clear from the match on Saturday that the Bulls who played were not a cohesive unit, not to take away from the Stormers who had a good game.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Smart or not smart, Ludeke made a decision to rest his main players, he followed the Jake White strategy of Tri-Nations prior to the World Cup, it worked. However not all the players were so called "B" team, Bulls have great depth, better than any other Union. By fielding this team Stormers were put into a quandary with regard to their plan on the day, it was an unknown factor. Prior to the Bulls team being announced, the Stormers were planning on a full strength Bulls team, it would have made little difference on the day, but that is only my opinion. :lol:
Disrupter

Post by Disrupter »

Just for the stormers supporters be aware of Orlando if you make it read this article in the Beeld from yesterday.

ohannesburg - Kaartjies vir die Vodacom Super14-halfeindstryd op 22 Mei by die Orlando-stadion in Soweto is uitverkoop.

Kaartjies vir die publiek was sedert 09:00 Maandagoggend by Computicket beskikbaar, maar is ure later opgeraap.

Kaartjies wat nie deur seisoenkaartjiehouers teen 16:00 Dinsdag 18 Mei bespreek is nie, sal aan die publiek beskikbaar gestel word.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Ya the Stormers have definitely bought themselves a good team this year. Show what a big cheque book can do...

Can't wait for the semi-finals! I'm pretty confident the Stormers will edge past the Tah's, but the Bulls vs Crusaders game is going to be very close!
Studio Touch Visagie

Post by Studio Touch Visagie »

Pity about Bakka Botha not playing saturday
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

As I said above, citing was a strong possibility, he must learn to control himself, for the good of the team, that is his Super 14 finished for the year.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

lancelot wrote:As I said above, citing was a strong possibility, he must learn to control himself, for the good of the team, that is his Super 14 finished for the year.
+1
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Are there more thugs in the Bulls than in other team, or is that just a perception that has been created?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Only a perception. Super 14 has become far more physical than ever, partly due to the South African way of playing, but all are physical now. It is a pity because it detracts from the game, also it can be the difference between a loss or a win.
Disrupter

Post by Disrupter »

lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

So next week it will be the battle of Orlando! Apparently Checkers are allready advertising the huge special on steak from next Sunday - due to the lot of bulls that are going to be slaughtered!