I am getting FAT.

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Sojourn

Re: I am getting FAT.

Post by Sojourn »

lancelot wrote:Have you lost any weight?
Hi Lance

I have not lost weight per se, BUT I have a flat stomach and more muscle.
I have reduced my body fat % by about 9% and replaced it with something more tangible.
I am not doing any supplements at the moment.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

That's good. that's actually better than losing weight.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Tribble wrote:And how do you cheat to lose the fat?
supplements DUH :P

if you do it correctly you will shed fat like sweat and have zero side-effects. The key is to prevent the rebound once its lost

Of course there are more express ways to lose fat using drugs its called "off label" use but that im not going to share (even if you guys send a pm). I made a programme for one person i knew, was really desperate. From about a size 40 to 28 in about 2 months (duration of a univerisity holiday) however i did not approve of this but this person insisted.

If i have the time i will put the perfect diet used to combat obesity, doesnt work fast but has no health risks. It comes from a very old medical textbook so it can be improved on.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

RiaX...
All said and done, nothing beats just eating healthy and going to gym a minimum of 4 times per week and consistently keeping at it for months.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Sojourn wrote:RiaX...
All said and done, nothing beats just eating healthy and going to gym a minimum of 4 times per week and consistently keeping at it for months.
+1

And it kind of flip flops in that now I have to eat like a moose to maintain my muscle volume BUT that's only eating the good stuff.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Sojourn wrote:RiaX...
yup. You can cheat for a start but eventually you will have to do it this way
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

as promised:

Breakfast:
Tea or coffee with milk from allowance**, 1 egg (try not to fry it with butter or anything) brown bread toasted (no jam no butter on toast,1 slice)

Mid-Morning:
Tea/coffee with milk from allowance or free drink from group A3. 1 Cream cracker (yes one :( )

lunch:
2 eggs, salad vegies from group A1. 1 portion of fruit/2 cream crackers

mid-lunch supper thingy:
salad if desired (group A1)

Supper:
clear soup (dunno what clear soup is but its here in the diet sheet). 2 eggs, portion of white meat (fish/chicken) . Portion of fruit. Salad. Tea/coffee (caffiene free at this point) as a dessert. bread (brown, 2 slices)

Before bed:
Rooibos tea (caffiene free)

**allowance for day
300ml milk (fat free milk)
Bread can be swapped for 2 cream crackers/water biscuits/1 potatoe (hen's egg size) per slice taken

Fruits to be taken:
1 piece of fresh cut fruits. apples pears oranges ect. (stick to berries)

Group A:
1 Vegetable:
artichoke, asparagus, beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, leek, leetuce, mushroom, spinach ect
2 fruits:
see above
3 DRinks:
water, soda water, tea/coffee (no sugar), tomato juice, lemon juice

Foods to be avoided:
sugar or anything with sugar, frozen foods, dried fruits, pastas, rice (depends on rice tho). No sweetcorn, beetroot. No thickend soups like bisto or gravies. no salad dressings or mayonaise. no alcohol. NOTHING FRIED. avoid sauces like thickend tomato sauce

thats a condensed version i cant type up the whole thing im gonna die (book is very heavy lol)
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

:shock: gulp.... i will be stick thin at the end of the month......
too many eggs, coffee/tea and bread...

i like my eating plan....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

KatrynKat wrote::shock: gulp.... i will be stick thin at the end of the month......
too many eggs, coffee/tea and bread...

i like my eating plan....
eggs can be substituted for any source of protein

Tea/coffee is there to provide caffiene to boost fat loss and provide the energy required due to the decreased in take of sugar and starch
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I heard that caffeine is bad for fat loss. Patrick Holford book I think.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Tribble wrote:I heard that caffeine is bad for fat loss. Patrick Holford book I think.
bad for your heart in excess amounts. Caffiene is a stimulant, and all stimulants will increase your metabolic rate for a short duration, thats basically how you get that "kick" from coffee (its simplified alot here so it might seem very wrong if you google the actualy procedure so dont start an arguement im just making it easy here).

In terms of fat loss, no thats wrong, depends on how you look at it. Coffee plain as i have said you must have, its impossible it will be bad for fat loss. The arguement is that once you stop drinking coffee then you get what is called rebound where you actually put on more weight than lost, this happens with weight reduction supplements as well because people dont change their diet. Alternatively its possible they mean the way we drink our coffee full cream milk with sugar, with a few biscuits ect

also conditions, for example, when you start smoking you lose weight. The ladies in the OLDEN days used to smoke as a weight loss. In a sense smoking is effective at weight loss (dont ever quote me on this, its one of those untold things), but for example lighting a cigarette after a heavy meal is manditory, so their appetite increases over time (to maintain that sensation, smokers will understand), and the stimulation caused by the nicotine is no longer powerful enough to create a weight loss against an increased food intake. Some might argue that when you smoke you lose your appetite, this is true but only for smokers starting out because the decrease in oxygen to the brain is picked up so the body redirects the blood flow away from the stomach to the brain, thus creating a "lose appetite". In time the body will condition and adapt to cope with the lower oxygen supply and then you will experience what i've mentioned above. Also never eat till you FULL, thats over eating

As i said before this diet is OLD there might be newer improved ones which generate better results but this diet doesnt compromise nutritional value in terms of protein starch and fat content, and i personally still believe this is the best professional medical diet out there, of course this is just for weight loss. it changes when diabetes, high blood pressure or high colesterol are taken into account.

Finally as stated by sojurn, AT THE END OF THE DAY, you will just get fatter if you do a crash course diet then go back to your old lifestyle that made you fat in the first place. Create a routine that suits your lifestyle (even if it means losing the weight slowly) that you can cope with long term. When i said you can cheat i meant you can use supplements (not those retarded stimulant free ones thats just some green tea go buy green tea and drink it cheaper, stay away from the extreme ones like hydroxycut) to boost your fat reduction while doing the hard work. Once you have attained the dimensions you want, maintain it. Personallly i dont care anymore live once live well ;)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

You are my hero - so now I can continue drinking black coffee and still lose weight :-) I was always told that I would have to give it up - and we are such good fiends.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Errmmmm I would still try to avoid using coffee if at all possible. Have a read

http://coachhook.blogspot.com/2009/09/caffeine.html

Oh and

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1182710-overview
Last edited by RuadRauFlessa on 02 Mar 2011, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added second link
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Best way to lose weight imho is exercise. I went from a 38 to a 36 already this year since I started doing some decent exercises. Dancing 3 times a week and tennis 2 times a week. Each session is anywhere between an hour and a half to two hours. And I haven't changed my diet.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

And the time comes from where exactly? Would love to have that sort of time, but between work, family and this here addiction, I have very little left.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Well change is good in the long run.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Best way to lose weight imho is exercise. I went from a 38 to a 36 already this year since I started doing some decent exercises. Dancing 3 times a week and tennis 2 times a week. Each session is anywhere between an hour and a half to two hours. And I haven't changed my diet.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Errmmmm I would still try to avoid using coffee if at all possible. Have a read

http://coachhook.blogspot.com/2009/09/caffeine.html

Oh and

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1182710-overview
Nonsense, I can quote just as many studies to the contrary which illustrate that a cup of coffee a day is excellent for the heart, lowers cholesterol, helps blood sugar control and and and.

As with everything, moderation.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Yes but does any of them show you the effect of caffeine on the network of cells within your body tasked with controlling it all. There are certain Neural effect caffeine inhibits in your brain. Well caffeine is actually a Neural inhibitor which causes certain signals not to be relayed between synapses. And I am sorry but that is a fact. Also the type of signals being inhibited is the ones coming back from your body to your brain to indicate fatigue and/or stress on the muscles.

Trust me I studied this stuff.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

i just gave a quick read through on those two links, yeah they got some big words to seem scientific, yeah there is some truth to what they say but its all out of context. You must remember its these people's job to find the BAD in a substance never good and vice versa. Though most probably if you have a normal heart you probably will never get any heart problems drinking coffee/tea.

Becareful what you read on the internet with regard to your health, things can be misleading. Also a study with 11 people? is a waste of time dont even bother reading it. Finally im qualified in this field i will not accept citations like this to provide me with knowledge
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Just watched a internet fat loss scam that used very awesome art lol ... though i must say that these programs are not really scams everything they say is true. However they basically selling common sense to you lol, internet scam or brilliant product? depends on your IQ really :P

just a note on the top, i previously posted "probably never get any heart problems" shouldnt have used the word never very strong word that in medicine. Change that to unlikely :P (of course if you drink 25 cups of strong coffee a day you asking for trouble)