Back injury

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tiza

Back injury

Post by Tiza »

Yo Team

Well i have started running again in an attempt to get fit.

Training is going well but when I wake up in the mornings and my back really hurts. Now I know this is because either my abs or my back muscles are too weak. I am hitting a biokinetikist in Jan but I want to train my core. I have talked to many athletes and some claim it is your back while other claim it is your stomach.

Does anyone have any advice ?

Thanks
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Re: Back injury

Post by Monty »

If your back is sore, it's probably your back that is the problem.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

I damage my back playing squash fairly often. Every time I go to the Physio to get it sorted they tell me my core is not strong enough.
But everyone is different. If it really hurts then go to a physio and let them have a look at it.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

what is your "core? Muscles around your stomach and lower back?
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Sojourn, yes
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

My father had a similar thing when he was jogging, which he actually solved by getting better running shoes - less impact on the joints and consequently the back.

Might be worth looking into?
to ápeiro anima
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

I pulled a muscle on my back once and twas so bad I could not even walk right.If I did something I had hell to pay after any activity.It just went away by itself after I stopped for a few weeks doing anything that might strain it.Sure I still had problems after that but it eventually went away completely.
jee

Post by jee »

It depends on where your back is sore - and what type of pain. Often it can refer to another place.
There are several muscles that will help your back keep your frame - those need to be strengthened. If you do certain exercises incorrectly, it can hurt your back - rather badly, i will add. Never force...

http://www.bigbackpain.com/back_exercises.html

I suggest you look at this site - and look at the exercises for abbs and shortened muscles.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

If I remeber correctly the stomach muscles carry 6x the strain than what the lower back does. Strengthen them and your back should be better.
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Yeah thanks, my buddy knew a guy at the HPC so I spoke to him.

I need to strengthen my core focusing mainly on abs and secondary on my lower back.
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...