I lied, Joost confesses

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

I lied, Joost confesses

Post by Stuart »

So this hasn't surfaced here yet?
News24 wrote:I lied, Joost confesses

Johannesburg - Former Springbok Joost van der Westhuizen has confessed to Rapport that it was him in the controversial sex video that was shot about three years ago. The confession comes after months of denials.

"It is me in the sex video and I'm very, very sorry that I lied. Please forgive me."

In the video Van der Westhuizen performs, among other things, oral sex, and sniffs the drug Cat.

When the video first became public knowledge a furore erupted over the alleged authenticity of the tape, with Van der Westhuizen saying it was not him in the video and claiming he was the victim of a smear campaign.

In his book Joost: The Man in the Mirror, Van Der Westhuizen tells of the hell he went through after the story broke. "The fact that I was living a lie consumed me."

Van der Westhuizen told Rapport he also lied to his wife Amor and only confessed to her at the beginning of August. "She is the most wonderful person and from there we started working on our relationship, left right and centre.

"I haven't forgiven myself yet. How can I expect her to forgive me?"

He admitted he could still lose his family. "Things are not 100% with Amor yet." However Van der Westhuizen rubbished claims of a pending divorce.

Van der Westhuizen also said he and Amor and their children went to visit evangelist Angus Buchan in June to ask for advice. "Uncle Angus made me realise that I must stand up and be a pillar for my family."
And ...
News24 wrote:SuperSport axes Joost

Johannesburg - SuperSport has axed former South African rugby captain Joost van der Westhuizen as a presenter over his admission that he starred in a sex video which showed him snorting drugs.

The admission is contained in his biography, Joost: The Man in the Mirror.

"SuperSport has perused extracts from Joost van der Westhuizen's biography... and held discussions with him," it said in a statement on Sunday.

"Following those discussions, SuperSport and Joost have mutually agreed to terminate the freelance agreement between them, forthwith," said Supersport International spokesperson Clinton van der Berg.

"SuperSport thanks Joost for his contributions as a commentator and presenter and wishes him all the best for the future. SuperSport shall make no further comment on this matter," he said.

In March, SuperSport suspended Joost's services after 24-year-old Marilize Van Emmenis confessed to being the woman in the sex video purporting to feature Van der Westhuizen.

Until then, he had vehemently denied that it was him shown in the video, even hiring private detective Mike Bolhuis to back his claim.

He has since also reportedly told Rapport newspaper that it is indeed him in the video. "And I am very, very sorry that I lied," the newspaper quoted on Sunday from an interview with him. "Please forgive me," he asked.

Rapport wrote that in his biography Joost detailed the "hell" he had gone through living the lie which "ate me up from inside and consumed me".

He confessed that he had not only lied to the public, but to his wife, the popular entertainer Amor Vittone.
Nice way to advertise your autobiography! :lol:
Spoiler (show)
doo_much

Re: I lied, Joost confesses

Post by doo_much »

"I lied, Joost confesses"

I can see him featuring in the next 6 issues of Huisgenoot/You. :?

Or I would have if I bought that twaddle. :mrgreen:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Two questions does people still care what he does and if yes why? :?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

CapNemo wrote:Two questions does people still care what he does and if yes why? :?

Ask Dr Jung. :?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

CapNemo wrote:Two questions does people still care what he does and if yes why? :?
Readers of the YOU magazine and such like care about every last bit of scandal related to anyone who remotely passes as a celebrity. I have a cousin who religiously purchases the YOU and who was fuming for weeks about Jennifer Connelly's shoes at some red-carpet event.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah, who even cares anymore. Anyone who ever saw the video would have seen it was Joost. I saw the video when it was on Heat's website, and it was quite obviously Joost. Nobody needed him to confess anything.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yeah, who even cares anymore. Anyone who ever saw the video would have seen it was Joost. I saw the video when it was on Heat's website, and it was quite obviously Joost. Nobody needed him to confess anything.
Of course they did. Blue Bulls supporters were behind him 100%.

Before too long we'll be seeing Joost: The Movie on our screens.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Stuart wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yeah, who even cares anymore. Anyone who ever saw the video would have seen it was Joost. I saw the video when it was on Heat's website, and it was quite obviously Joost. Nobody needed him to confess anything.
Of course they did. Blue Bulls supporters were behind him 100%.

Before too long we'll be seeing Joost: The Movie on our screens.

Unfortunately thats probably correct... :|
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Heard him being grilled on the Rude Awakening this morning. What a knob, now he really has egg on his face.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Jonboy wrote:Heard him being grilled on the Rude Awakening this morning. What a knob, now he really has egg on his face.

Brilliant summary that! :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Jonboy wrote:Heard him being grilled on the Rude Awakening this morning. What a knob, now he really has egg on his face.
What did Jeremy's crowd have to say when the allegations first arose?
Prime

Post by Prime »

Joost like we all thought really. Ok, that was appalling but it was only a matter of time
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

say what?
I seriously do not even care.
He is a has been.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

It is between him and his wife. I really don't care what he does. If he wants to appear in sex tapes -= well them let him. He is not one of my kids idols so I really don't mind either way.
jee

Post by jee »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote: Anyone who ever saw the video would have seen it was Joost. I saw the video when it was on Heat's website, and it was quite obviously Joost.
the only question i have is "was he good in the movie?"
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Sports has-been doing a spot of attention-whoring to drum up interest in his new book... the fact that anyone cares is absolutely astounding. I watched the sex tape. It was pathetic. I've had better sex.

Now this idiot has a book?

With this one book he's now written more books than he's read.
Prime

Post by Prime »

I think I am more disturbed that you not only go onto heat's website, but that you watched his sex tape :shock:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Prime wrote:
I think I am more disturbed that you not only go onto heat's website, but that you watched his sex tape :shock:

True :lol:

On a serious note. The man has a wife and children. Sadly this must be totally stuffing up their lives as well. :cry:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

And the video was shot when his wife was pregnant with their second child. What an id10t
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

jamin_za wrote:It was pathetic. I've had better sex.
you have an incredibly talented hand! :shock: :P

frankly, they could have found footage of him doing something unspeakable to a llama of questionable virtue and i still couldn't care any less than i did from the outset.... this fascination with the lives of others is foreign to me...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
jee

Post by jee »

Agreed puppi, all i am interested in is what shoes they are wearing..

People can do as they please, but they need to consider the repercussions. What irks me, is that the celebs (or has beens for that matter) are never allowed to step out of line... there are always eyes on them.

i like being just lille old me...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Tribble wrote:He is not one of my kids idols so I really don't mind either way.
Rugby players... Idiots. The whole bunch of them.

(No wait, the only thing more stupid than a rugby player is the girl who dates/marries him :P)
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Hmm seems we have lots of YOU readers :?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

CapNemo wrote:Hmm seems we have lots of YOU readers :?
Thankfully my family stopped buying Huisgenoot (K*khuis-genoot is a more appropriate name though) about ten years ago :P
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker