CurrieCup 2009

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Sojourn

CurrieCup 2009

Post by Sojourn »

WP vs the Blue Bulls at Newlands
My prediction : A win for the WP by a slight margin, not more than 4 points. Scores will not be higher than the 15 to 19 range. Lots of kicking.

Natal Sharks vs the FS Cheethas
My prediction: A win for the Sharks (even though I am a staunch FS supporter) by 5 to 9 point margin, scorelines to go over 20 points. :( ...I just cannot see us winning (I will be hoping and shouting for my team to create the upset of upsets).

Final will be a Sharks / WP standoff with the Sharks taking it home in a low scoring game.

Your thoughts?

20bucks says Rusty, Dae and some other non-converts will also watch the games or at least have an interest in scorelines. :P :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sojourn on 16 Oct 2009, 10:35, edited 2 times in total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: CurrieCup 2009

Post by Stuart »

All I can say as a WP supporter is that I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Free State seem to be the bane of Province's existence in the knockout rounds of the Currie Cup, so I'm oddly more comfortable with facing the Bulls than I would have been with facing the Cheetahs.

That being said, I reckon the Bulls will be the tougher of the (possibly) two remaining fixtures. I think Province can take the Sharks, though it will be a tough ask in the Shark Tank. Whilst I think they certainly can beat the Bulls, I'm somehow less confident about that one.

Whatever the case, they had BETTER play better than they did agains the Lions!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

All I can say is that I hope the Bulls have a good match for a change. :lol:

I'm going to be surrounded by WP fans and Bulls haters this weekend. And if we lose ... :|
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Let me know your seat number!

doo_much

Post by doo_much »

No Lance. I will, unfortunately, not be at the game. :lol:

Going diving and I am officially the only Bulls supporter there. :mrgreen:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

OK, good luck to the Bulls, a very good, if not the best team.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I will be at the final if the Cheethas take the semi, be that Ctn or Pta.
If it is Ctn, Lance, I'd like to hook up with you to see the expression on your face when we steal the cup away what would be the most impressive comeback in decades. :)

...but let me not get carried away... the Shark Tank beckons.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I would love to see a Bulls/Cheetahs final...

And although my heart'd be with the Bulls my money would be on 'the other team'. :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Sojourn wrote:20bucks says Rusty, Dae and some other non-converts will also watch the games or at least have an interest in scorelines. :P :mrgreen:
Clearly you have never been at a KZN PCF meet.

The last time we were at Firkins when a sporting fixture was on (it was the football game where Liverpool beat Manchester United 4-1), rusty was booing both teams (loudly) as he's anti-sports, whereas jamin was cheering both teams for the sole purpose of making as much noise as possible. :P
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote:
Sojourn wrote:20bucks says Rusty, Dae and some other non-converts will also watch the games or at least have an interest in scorelines. :P :mrgreen:
Clearly you have never been at a KZN PCF meet.

The last time we were at Firkins when a sporting fixture was on (it was the football game where Liverpool beat Manchester United 4-1), rusty was booing both teams (loudly) as he's anti-sports, whereas jamin was cheering both teams for the sole purpose of making as much noise as possible. :P
rusty vocoferously boos anything that does not feature the Jonas Brothers' greatest hits.

:run4hills:
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Not so long ago the Currie Cup threads used to be very active on PCF... oh well... GO BULLE!
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

doo_much wrote:I would love to see a Bulls/Cheetahs final...

And although my heart'd be with the Bulls my money would be on 'the other team'. :lol:

Seems Christmas came early this year?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Sojourn wrote:WP vs the Blue Bulls at Newlands
My prediction : A win for the WP by a slight margin, not more than 4 points. Scores will not be higher than the 15 to 19 range. Lots of kicking.

Natal Sharks vs the FS Cheethas
My prediction: A win for the Sharks (even though I am a staunch FS supporter) by 5 to 9 point margin, scorelines to go over 20 points. :( ...I just cannot see us winning (I will be hoping and shouting for my team to create the upset of upsets).

Final will be a Sharks / WP standoff with the Sharks taking it home in a low scoring game.

Your thoughts?

20bucks says Rusty, Dae and some other non-converts will also watch the games or at least have an interest in scorelines. :P :mrgreen:
Don't take this the wrong way, but you suck at prediction :P

Although I'm not that big on rugby, I support the bulls and am happy with the Loftus final.

Of course it doesn't help at all when we have to stream the game over the net, paying for said services and having less than stellar performance (and by that I mean the comulative time of waiting for the stream to buffer and rebuffer takes more game time than the game itself) :evil: /rant
ADT

Post by ADT »

:evil: :evil: :evil: SykomantiS,
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

ADT, :? What did I do this time??
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

As big a Province supporter as I am, you don't DESERVE to win if you give away penalties like that all the time against a team with a kicker like Steyn. :x
ADT

Post by ADT »

The biggest BS for the day was that the Cheetahs won FFS :evil:
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I heard that the Cheeters played better than the Sharks - didn't believe it though lol. Glad the Bulls pulled through.
ADT

Post by ADT »

AAAH nooo was just like they got dat drop goal in the last minute, we all know who's the better team on the long run, ja well it was kinda obvious that the BULLS WOULD WIN, CAUSE WP is useless....
Spoiler (show)
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I would duck if I were you - not everyone here is a Bulls fan :twisted:
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I am more then happy to suck at predictions.... especially if the cheetahs go through :-D I am appalled at the sub made by the WP in the last minutes of the game... WTF are they thinking replacing Aplon (sp?) a player small is stature, but with a Lion's heart... had an awesome game en even better try,... but gets replaced by Nakalevuki... which contributed nothing to the side and gave away a penalty (high tackle) in the last minutes. Total fail on the guy side that made that call. It was their game to win and they gave it away. (Sorry Lance !!! I was rooting for the WP all the way... very disappointing.)
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

... I am so against over seas players in our Currie Cup competition...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sojourn wrote:gave away a penalty (high tackle) in the last minutes
Yeah, that and the other six kickable penalties they gave away during the course of the match ...
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Stuart you mean 5 kickable penalties besides the hig tackle. Yes I say 5... I say 5 cause the penalty for a scrum clearly turned by WP in the second half a little after the ONLY tri scored in the match should not have been a penalty against WP. If you don't know what I am talking about go and watch the game again. It was the penalty taking Bulls from 15 - 16 behind to 18 - 15 ahead.

The game was:

20 minutes all BULLS
20 minutes 50 / 50 BULLS & WP
36 minutes WP
4 minutes SLOWMO FIJI.

Congrats to the BULLS and FREESTATE.... But very well done to WP. It is sad when the better team on the day have to be the loser.
ADT

Post by ADT »

Ya so weird that The Cheetahs made it to the fINALS, should hav been a Sharky and ****** final.... :evil:
Spoiler (show)