CurrieCup 2009

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Sojourn

Re: CurrieCup 2009

Post by Sojourn »

True to their status as arguably the best team in South Africa for a number of years, the Blue Bulls made the final in what can only be attributed to President Steyn's accuracy and a little luck on their side with that late high tackle, awarding them with a penalty that ultimately cost WP the game... (WTF were they thinking taking Aplon off for Nakalevuki (sp?) which contributed zero and then gave away that penalty... it will haunt Rassie for months.) One would think that the points margin should have been a walkover for the Bulls with their 10+ Bokke in the team, considering that, their performance was not convincing.

The Cheetah's season can be described as a spectacular comeback, after 4 weeks sitting at the bottom of the log with only 1 log point, with the likes of Boland and the Leopards above them. The FS ended their preliminaries having to rely on the Griquas loosing their last game without gaining 2 log points, to give the last semi-spot to the FS, which they did. The FS Cheetahs went into the semi as the underdogs, the rugby fraternity writing them off without out rightly stating so. A determined fight-back and last minute drop goal from Pottie clinched the game to the horror of the Shark supporters. After the final whistle, watching the Natal bench with their hands in their hair, made for strawberries and cream viewing. :P

The final in two weeks time, sees the two enemies of old returning to Loftus, where the Cheetahs have proven in the past that they can come out on top. The Bulls will have that fact printed in their minds and is sure to give everything to prevent just that.

My predictions:

Heart: Cheetahs to win with a 2-4 point margin, the scoreline not going higher than 15 to 19.
Mind: Bulls to win with a 6-8 point margin, the scoreline reaching the low 20's.

I will be there on the field with my FS gear... win or loose it will be an epic day !@!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

VoodooProphetII wrote:Stuart you mean 5 kickable penalties besides the hig tackle. Yes I say 5... I say 5 cause the penalty for a scrum clearly turned by WP in the second half a little after the ONLY tri scored in the match should not have been a penalty against WP. If you don't know what I am talking about go and watch the game again. It was the penalty taking Bulls from 15 - 16 behind to 18 - 15 ahead.
Okay, so SIX kickable penalties. How do you give away so many penalties and still expect to win a game. No matter how you look at it, they shot themselves in the foot.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Sojourn wrote:
I will be there on the field with my FS gear... win or loose it will be an epic day !@!
Rather you than me. The Loftus crowd is the closest I've ever seen us South Africans get to rugby hooliganism. :evil: And considering that this is my team's home-crowd I'm referring to I'm a bit ashamed as well...

But yes, the previous time FS outplayed us in a Currie Cup final is very much fresh in our memories! :mrgreen:
Let's hope it's a good, clean game - yes, you Bakkies! - with a few tries (brilliant play by Aplon) instead of penalties all the way.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Tickets were sold out within 1 hour on computicket (they only had +-4000 seats allocated to them) and within 4 hours if you slept on the pavement next to Loftus.
I got 4 tickets.
Who else will be be there from this forum ?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

So in breaking news I hear that there's going to be a ritual slaughter tomorrow at Loftus. Bulls instead of cows this time.
ADT

Post by ADT »

hEHE nice Stuart, , yeah da bulls must **** 2mrrow!!!
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
jee

Post by jee »

For the Bulls Supporters...
to drow their sorrows :)

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Yep, big game today.

Bulls vs the rest of South Africa. :mrgreen:

MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Congrats Bulls
Didn't see the game, but judging by the continuous hooting and revving of car engines outside my flat, the Bulle won ;)
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Convincing win by the Bulls, that said, the Cheetahs have nothing to be ashamed about.
Discipline cost us the game. Well done to the Bulls team.
Come on next year. :)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Screeper wrote:Congrats Bulls
Didn't see the game, but judging by the continuous hooting and revving of car engines outside my flat, the Bulle won ;)
Also never saw anything, but I figured all the screaming and shouting next door was either a sign of the Bulls winning or of Michael Myers being on the prowl. Given that we're all still alive, I'm going to opt for the former.

Sojourn, did you wear your Cheetahs shirt to the game?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Indeed. My team surprised even me. :shock:

Bakkies kept his elbows to himself and Banana played a brilliant farewell game.
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I was decked out in the full regalia with a flag.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Stuart wrote:So in breaking news I hear that there's going to be a ritual slaughter tomorrow at Loftus. Bulls instead of cows this time.
I trust you are embarrassed by this statement mousey :twisted:
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

jee wrote:For the Bulls Supporters...
to drow their sorrows :)
Oh jee - not you too. Everyone knows the Bulls are better :D
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sojourn wrote:I was decked out in the full regalia with a flag.
How lonely were you? Was Neotel Were the Cheetahs sufficiently represented in the stands?
Tribble wrote:
Stuart wrote:So in breaking news I hear that there's going to be a ritual slaughter tomorrow at Loftus. Bulls instead of cows this time.
I trust you are embarrassed by this statement mousey :twisted:
I support WP. Do you think I REALLY care who won? I just read that somewhere and thought it was sufficiently witty to post here.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

doo_much wrote:Yep, big game today.

Bulls vs the rest of South Africa. :mrgreen:

MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
ADT

Post by ADT »

YA YA WD Bulls......But u still sux in my eyes.... :sign5:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Did not even bother to watch.