Help growing muscles

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

So would springbook be the best to buy from?

(Just bumping the thread really :\ )
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

I34z1k wrote:So would springbook be the best to buy from?

(Just bumping the thread really :\ )
Yeah I think so. Compare the prices and see for yourself.

I dont know how much cheaper they are in Whey.

ATM I am just using Muscle Sceince Grow in place of Whey cause it so much cheaper for me. I pay R275 for 5kg from game.... Been doing this for a couple months now and it seems to be working 100%.
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

Okay to save you from death down the road please consider these points

1. All muscle building shakes that promise you a perfect body is a multi million dollar/ rand scam
2. Your body can only absoarb 20g of protein at a time.
3. Dont listen to bodybuilders on how the body works listen to doctors or nutritionists.
4. You dont need 2 or 3 grams of protein per kg to grow you actually need 0.4g
5. By overdosing on protein not only will you pick up fat but a whole lot of health trouble down the road.
6.A normal balanced diet is all you need to grow
7. For starters do a whole body workout 3 times a week reason being you secrete more growth hormones that way.
8. Dont forget about the muscles you cant see, they are the foundation of the muscles you can see.
9. The secret to having beautiful muscles (unlike fake water protein shake muscles) is consistency and determination.

Ask yourself this question you buy protein crap you train hard you grow, is it because you bought the protein crap or is it maybie that you want to believe this product works so you train harder :wink:
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

I think the bigger and more muscle the person had the protein is need to sustain and grow muscle.

A bodybuilder that has dedicated his whole like to bodybuilding will no a tad bit more than the doctor. BUT he known more about his body and what works for him. Not necessarily the person receiving the advices.

What in your eyes is a normal balanced diet. Plenty chicken and veggies sound like a normal balanced diet to me.

Squats and dead lifts is the main exercise that releases growth hormones. So I have read time and time again.

9: Only fake muscles I know are implants .

So from what I understand is , that you saying protein shakes and all suppliments dont work ?
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

Acidkidsa wrote:I think the bigger and more muscle the person had the protein is need to sustain and grow muscle.

A bodybuilder that has dedicated his whole like to bodybuilding will no a tad bit more than the doctor. BUT he known more about his body and what works for him. Not necessarily the person receiving the advices.

What in your eyes is a normal balanced diet. Plenty chicken and veggies sound like a normal balanced diet to me.

Squats and dead lifts is the main exercise that releases growth hormones. So I have read time and time again.

9: Only fake muscles I know are implants .

So from what I understand is , that you saying protein shakes and all suppliments dont work ?
A balanced diet would be carbs protein fats by fake muscles i mean supplement engineered muscles. Supplements DO work in assisting the body to get into a whole lot of trouble in the long run. Take the Arnold generation of bodybuilders they just ate and take todays generation of fake bodybuilders (generalization) they look like they are pumped up on and inhuman. A lot of these supplements overload the body and make it do things it wasn't supposed to do. Squats and deadlifts ARE the main hormone releasing exercises i agree hence when a new person starts building muscle they should train major muscle groups 3 times a week and compound exercises are the best for that. BUT i can show you gymnasts who are by far superior in strength and have awesome bodies who have never body built before., but that's getting off topic. I have been a guinea pig for quite some time experimenting with supplements, diets, exercise pogrammes and can give proof that you dont need ANY supplements to grow and have a body that is not only looks good, but is healthy, strong and functional
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Ihsahn wrote:A balanced diet would be carbs protein fats by fake muscles i mean supplement engineered muscles. Supplements DO work in assisting the body to get into a whole lot of trouble in the long run. Take the Arnold generation of bodybuilders they just ate and take todays generation of fake bodybuilders (generalization) they look like they are pumped up on and inhuman. A lot of these supplements overload the body and make it do things it wasn't supposed to do. Squats and deadlifts ARE the main hormone releasing exercises i agree hence when a new person starts building muscle they should train major muscle groups 3 times a week and compound exercises are the best for that. BUT i can show you gymnasts who are by far superior in strength and have awesome bodies who have never body built before., but that's getting off topic. I have been a guinea pig for quite some time experimenting with supplements, diets, exercise pogrammes and can give proof that you dont need ANY supplements to grow and have a body that is not only looks good, but is healthy, strong and functional
When you say supplements . Which ones create fake muscle. Muscle's are muscles in my eyes and never seen fake ones. A balanced diet is the most important in my eyes.

Yes some supplements can cause hard if abused and not taken correctly. Some can raise you testosterone levels . Some can make your heart race like hell.

In all the years I have been training. The only supplements I use are Animal Pak (multi vit) , MS Xpode (love it) and my Protein shake . They have given good results and have never had any side effects or any damage to anything ever.

Yes with a balance diet you can build muscle. But supplements can aid and increase the amount you lift and so on. Which = more muscle .

And I am pretty sure some suppliments can do you hard. While others just steal you money... Keeping to the well known ones and name brands is the key
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

Acidkidsa wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:A balanced diet would be carbs protein fats by fake muscles i mean supplement engineered muscles. Supplements DO work in assisting the body to get into a whole lot of trouble in the long run. Take the Arnold generation of bodybuilders they just ate and take todays generation of fake bodybuilders (generalization) they look like they are pumped up on and inhuman. A lot of these supplements overload the body and make it do things it wasn't supposed to do. Squats and deadlifts ARE the main hormone releasing exercises i agree hence when a new person starts building muscle they should train major muscle groups 3 times a week and compound exercises are the best for that. BUT i can show you gymnasts who are by far superior in strength and have awesome bodies who have never body built before., but that's getting off topic. I have been a guinea pig for quite some time experimenting with supplements, diets, exercise pogrammes and can give proof that you dont need ANY supplements to grow and have a body that is not only looks good, but is healthy, strong and functional
When you say supplements . Which ones create fake muscle. Muscle's are muscles in my eyes and never seen fake ones. A balanced diet is the most important in my eyes.

Yes some supplements can cause hard if abused and not taken correctly. Some can raise you testosterone levels . Some can make your heart race like hell.

In all the years I have been training. The only supplements I use are Animal Pak (multi vit) , MS Xpode (love it) and my Protein shake . They have given good results and have never had any side effects or any damage to anything ever.

Yes with a balance diet you can build muscle. But supplements can aid and increase the amount you lift and so on. Which = more muscle .

And I am pretty sure some suppliments can do you hard. While others just steal you money... Keeping to the well known ones and name brands is the key
BY fake muscles i mean any muscles that are supplement gained. When it comes to gaining strentgh most people do it the wrong way (american philosophy) I can tell you now that the best and most respected brand will be detrimental to your health down the line. But what i recommend to you is talking to professional nutritionists and doctors they will be able to tell you what im not able to explain. We could go on and on here but trust me im not here to piss all over your theories im just meerley very concerned when it comes to supplements. I used from the best to the cheap and stand firm by what i say.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

If you need any expert and professional info on bodybuilding, supplements and related stuff, go to the website of John Smith - a pro SA weightlifter.

/repost as my last post was at the end of the previous page so everyone probably missed it.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

@ Sojourn thanks for the link I am checking it out.... My fav supplements are all at the bottom...
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Hmmm that's all good. I'm on a good diet and I wanna lose weight. I think that something extra will help me, something to boost my metabolism, so what? I don't wanna bulk up or anything so I'm all good :)
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

Only way is to rip your muscles and rest for a couple days till they heal and eat good then rip them again... When I say rip I mean till you can't hold a glass or move much :)

There are also quick ways to rip your muscles instead of gyming for hours... Best to get used to it first or you might get an injury.

Google and read up on L-Arginine, your body should naturally make enough of it but taking it will help a lot. It helps heal the torn muscle and is very good for the blood and overall health. The main feature of it is that it has no2 which increases the size of your veins so more blood can flow. It's in most bodybuilding supplements and I havn't seen or read' any negative things about it, it's natural. There are many other benefits aswell.

Google fasting and do that once a year atleast to clean your body.
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

I know some people will disagree with this... You said you have 2% body fat so you might want to put on some weight, not much, but enough to give you more power. There are pure body mass protein shakes.

You might also want to target different areas because it's no good to have big biceps and a back like a fortress with skinny legs lol...

I guess you got to find what works for you because we are all different, it will take hard work and dedication though but worth it in the end.

oh and smoking will only hold you back :) resting a hurting area till it's healed and there is no pain and stiffness before you tear it again is just as important :)
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

I34z1k wrote:Hmmm that's all good. I'm on a good diet and I wanna lose weight. I think that something extra will help me, something to boost my metabolism, so what? I don't wanna bulk up or anything so I'm all good :)
Phedra Cut 2008. Six meals a day. Lots of water. Lots of Cardio.

You said you're on a good diet but just in case: one palm-sized serving of starch (rice, bread etc.) two palm-sized servings of veggies, one palm-sized serving of protein (fish, chicken, tuna etc.) What I do is have 3 medium sized meals and 3 snacks. :) Make sure you have breakfast within an hour of waking up and nothing to close to bedtime.

Ask if you want to know the finer details. :)

USN haters FTL :P
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

D3PART3D wrote:
I34z1k wrote:Hmmm that's all good. I'm on a good diet and I wanna lose weight. I think that something extra will help me, something to boost my metabolism, so what? I don't wanna bulk up or anything so I'm all good :)
Phedra Cut 2008. Six meals a day. Lots of water. Lots of Cardio.

You said you're on a good diet but just in case: one palm-sized serving of starch (rice, bread etc.) two palm-sized servings of veggies, one palm-sized serving of protein (fish, chicken, tuna etc.) What I do is have 3 medium sized meals and 3 snacks. :) Make sure you have breakfast within an hour of waking up and nothing to close to bedtime.

Ask if you want to know the finer details. :)

USN haters FTL :P
It's a bit of a toss up. I bought 30 Evox hydrocuts to try them out. First day they made my gut quite crampy but seems ok now. How many Phedra cuts do you take a day? I know the max is 4 but I'm happy taking just one a day.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

The max is six iirc... I'm quite short, so I used to take two in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Oh and, Clicks has a special on Phedra-cut now, buy two get one free.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

Wut do geeks kno bout gym lol!
They see me trollin', they hatin'...
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

1GOR wrote:Wut do geeks kno bout gym lol!
That was necessary how? Stereotyping, yum yum. The forum doesn't like trolling, if you aren't going to contribute something constructive to a thread, don't bother getting involved in the discussion, mmkay.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

1GOR wrote:Wut do geeks kno bout gym lol!
This just shows what you know about geeks.....
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
VinceThePrince

Re: Help growing muscles

Post by VinceThePrince »

qwiksilva666 wrote:Hey guys.

I started gym beggining of this week.

wheight on monday: 57kg!!!! 8O
height: 179cm
(dam im scrawny)
body fat: 2%

ok so ive bought myself "EVOX 5XL muscle meal" which i take 2 shakes a day. one in the morning and one after my gym session at night. ive started eating mainly eggs beef chicken tuna and fish for extra protein.
i also bought myself "Tributrone Z factor anbolic and metabolic enhancer" which i take 2 pills twice daily morning and night.

on monday i did chest/shoulders (i have a cousin whom im going to gym with every day and he knows the equipment and stuff and tells me what to do and how many reps.)
teusday i did arms/shoulders.
wednesday have a break have a kit kat.
thursday chest/legs
friday arms/shoulders

also after each session i do 10 min cardio on the bike getting my heart rate to 160

so far each gym session is about 40min to 60min and i push hard till my arms and chest buckle with pain. i literally train till my body cant each session. ive been in alot pain these first few days (can stretch my arms straight or lift them up fully or even drive that lekka)

anyways has anyone got any extra tips or recomendations? i wanna beef myself up fast and reach 85kg as quick as i can.

thanks guys
qwik :P
I am not sure how big your budget is.... but there is a supplement that I use which works like a champion... it is from MuscleTech, and it is called "Gakic"... You do get other "versions" of it from other manufacturers, but none work as good as the original from MuscleTech. (It goes for around R695 per course from Discem, with a 2 week break between courses).

The way it works is that it will give you upto a 10% increase in pure power for about 1 - 2 hours. What this means, basically, is that if you normally could only do a set of 6 reps benchpress, using a 10kg dumbell, you would be able to do the same 6 reps, with an 11kg dumbell... That 10% will help you grow quicker, but without the risk of stretch marks that steroids would give you... :D
Admiral Of The First Task Force - 1st South African Fleet [ Star Trek: Online]
*****Luciendar J Bethesda*****
***Ships: The USS: Kit Rae and The USS: Kabal***
** Science and Exploration Officer **
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

you don't get stretch marks from gear. i don't use gear and i have stretch marks.

secondly, the product your talking about can be found in many different variety's, like you said. Muscle Science Xplode, Met-Rx Amped, Gaspari's Superpump... Thou MuscleTech is THE BEST supplements on our market, I would suggest rather going for the Met-Rx amped, it will set you back about R450. It can last up to 2months, depending on how you use it.
Acidkidsa

Re:

Post by Acidkidsa »

muffinman wrote:you don't get stretch marks from gear. i don't use gear and i have stretch marks.

secondly, the product your talking about can be found in many different variety's, like you said. Muscle Science Xplode, Met-Rx Amped, Gaspari's Superpump... Thou MuscleTech is THE BEST supplements on our market, I would suggest rather going for the Met-Rx amped, it will set you back about R450. It can last up to 2months, depending on how you use it.

The Met-Rx Amped is it better tasting that the Ms Xplode. I nearly got sick from the stuff last night... Dont know if I was training to hard or if the stuff is not good after a long period of time?
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

To be honest I can't really remember, haven't had amped in a while. It sometimes happens to me as well. Mainly when I train legs, I think it happens because the product does bloat your stomach a bit. Maybe trim down on your serving size? But ja, don't use it for prolonged periods, your body will get used it and it won't be as effective.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

muffinman wrote:To be honest I can't really remember, haven't had amped in a while. It sometimes happens to me as well. Mainly when I train legs, I think it happens because the product does bloat your stomach a bit. Maybe trim down on your serving size? But ja, don't use it for prolonged periods, your body will get used it and it won't be as effective.

I was doing back. But I was pushing heavy..

Think I will go back on Juggernaut for a while , and give the Xplode a rest
mOUSIE

Post by mOUSIE »

any1 seen beauty and the geek season 5? That ou Jason, damn, never seen such a buff geek before :shock:

anyway, i started training 2 years ago, started at 6ft, 60kg (tall and skinny). but i've put on 16kg's of muscle since then (its hard work to put on muscle). here r some of the tips that i've learnt: (for skinny people trying to put on mass)

1) eat!!! eat a lot, and eat all the time! have at least 6 meals a day, try to eat every 3 hours.
2) drink lots of water, bout 3l a day.
3) get at least 8 hour of sleep (thats when ur muscles regenerate)
4) get a gym partner! (i think this is 1 of the most important things to keep u consistant)
5) dont substitute form for weight
6) train hard in gym!
7) u do not need cardio (ur skinny) (though i run 5km a week coz my partner is chubby)

do heavy weights for lower reps, u do not want to cut, ur skinny. i do 3 sets of 8 reps, some people do 10, 8, 6. whetever u prefer.

i have a 3 day split : monday - legs(quads, hamstrings) and shoulders
tuesday - calves, chest, triceps
wednesday - 5km run (u'd have a rest day here)
thursday - back, biceps
abs - every time i go to gym (3)

exercises that u must do: squats, deadlifts, flat bench, pull-ups (dont get confussed with chin-ups), dips
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

ok. UPDATE!

so i started this gym thing awhile ago. it was painful i was weak and tearing myself but it was worth it.
Its been 2 months and i now weight 62kg. i physicaly feel bigger and can see improvements mainly in my upper arms and shoulders and lats and alot in my chest.
running is awesome :D slightly bouncing peks while i run.

my legs even though i train then pretty hard seem to stay scrawny v:/
i do squats, leg press, quad and calf. but they not growing.
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W