the Barclays English Premier League thread

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: the Barclays English Premier League thread

Post by hamin_aus »

I watched that match on Sunday and Nani's dochebaggery after that tackle rivaled Kanye West on his best day.

Sorry naughty and other ManU supporters, but there is no excuse for that behaviour, I dont care how talented people think you are. The man is an asshat IMO.

Loved how he got up after the tackle, ran up to the ref, and then threw himself on the ground crying like a little girl...

To the Tune of Michael jackson's Smooth Criminal

So it came up to the matchday
It was Sunday - what a red day
Wall to wall intimidation
From the Manc side - no motivation

Nani are you OK, are you OK?
are you OK Nani?
are you OK Nani?
You've been hit by,
You've been struck by
a Smooth Carragher

(Nani Are You OK?)
(Will You Tell Us That You're OK?)
(There's A Sign On His Boot)
(That He Struck You - A Crescendo Nani)
(He Came Into Your Shin Pad)
(He Left The Bloodstains)
(Then You Ran Into The Changing Room)
(You Were Struck Down)
(It Was Your Doom)

are you OK Nani?
are you OK Nani?
You've been hit by,
You've been struck by
a Smooth Carragher
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

I have to add these
I watched that match on Sunday and Nani's dochebaggery after that tackle rivaled Kanye West on his best day.

Sorry naughty and other ManU supporters, but there is no excuse for that behaviour, I dont care how talented people think you are. The man is an asshat IMO.

Loved how he got up after the tackle, ran up to the ref, and then threw himself on the ground crying like a little girl...

To the Tune of Michael jackson's Smooth Criminal

So it came up to the matchday
It was Sunday - what a red day
Wall to wall intimidation
From the Manc side - no motivation

are you OK Nani?
are you OK Nani?
You've been hit by,
You've been struck by
a Smooth Carragher

(Nani Are You OK?)
(Will You Tell Us That You're OK?)
(There's A Sign On His Boot)
(That He Struck You - A Crescendo Nani)
(He Came Into Your Shin Pad)
(He Left The Bloodstains)
(Then You Ran Into The Changing Room)
(You Were Struck Down)
(It Was Your Doom)

are you OK Nani?
are you OK Nani?
You've been hit by,
You've been struck by
a Smooth Carragher
ROFL!
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
naughty

Post by naughty »

but there is no excuse for that behaviour, I dont care how talented people think you are. The man is an asshat IMO
yet Nani's behavior is only annoying but it isnt malicious - people dont get hurt because of it while Carraghers behavior was totally reprehensible ..... and why am i not surprised at Gerrard's involvement - he hits people for fun off the pitch when they dont play his song at his party (oh yeah ... much, much better behaviour than those cheating little Portuguese so-and-so's ....yeah)

and anyone who enjoys people getting hurt like RiaX need their heads examined IMHO

so you guys who really absolutely dont get the point - dont let your love for liverpool blind you to the fact that you have vicious thugs in your team who enjoy hurting other people - these things have a tendency to even out and when Carragher will probably get his due even though i dont wish it upon him but the laws of karma eventually evens things out and we will see who screams like a little girl then

no one really disputes that Nani is an annoying little so-and-so just like his mentor Christiano Ronaldo - i also personally wanted to grab both of them and scream at them to "man up and play the game" each time they went to ground and moaned at the ref (over the last few years) but it is what it is - they wont change and it still wont change the fact that making a tackle like that is not sportsmanship but is a sign that the guy making the tackle is a total retard and i can say the same about Roy Keane and his tackle on Alf Inge Haaland

without taking sides on the issue because almost every side has their bad i for one wont excuse anyone making tackles like that - they deserve getting the full weight of any punishment they get to suffer in terms of bans and cards - and if they get away with it im sure its just a matter of the next one is going to get an over reaction from the ref - so when Carragher gets a red card and a three match ban cos some other guy really dived he will be crying worse than Nani ..... and trust me its just a matter of "when" not "if"
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

jamin_za wrote:Loved how he got up after the tackle, ran up to the ref, and then threw himself on the ground crying like a little girl...
And yet you have nothing to say about Carragher?
Love the consistency.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

rofl, i never said i enjoying watching people get hurt dont put words in my mouth dude
naughty

Post by naughty »

RiaX wrote:rofl, i never said i enjoying watching people get hurt dont put words in my mouth dude
carry on laughing but your attitude precedes your words - and your attitude is just like electrolux ie it sucks
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

ok im over this brain dead fool
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

RiaX wrote:ok im over this brain dead fool
no need to get personal you douche.
oh wait, did I get personal?
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

lol meanie
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Sojourn wrote:And yet you have nothing to say about Carragher?
Love the consistency.
Firstly what is there to say about the man who IIRC was the own-goal leader in the premiership the past two season running? :lol:
Sometimes bad tackles are made and people get away with it. That's life, and yes, Carragher will get his eventually.
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Sojourn wrote:
jamin_za wrote:Loved how he got up after the tackle, ran up to the ref, and then threw himself on the ground crying like a little girl...
And yet you have nothing to say about Carragher?
Love the consistency.
Oh we don't like what carragher did but bad tackles happen and everyone does them. EVERYONE.
I've seen every single player tackle studs up ready to stick 15 holes into the guys body. Roony, Gerrard, etc

I think skrtle's push on the Man U player was almost definitely a red. Fighting in football is the last thing the sport needs.

I think the tensions are so high with everyone because we know how much impact 1 win/loss can have on the table.
It was looking like Man U would win the league before that game but now it's all in the air.

Loving the season! It's fantastic.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Loving the season! It's fantastic
agreed - its an open season and with arsenal potentially equal on points with united because of the game they have in hand its pretty open - and even though Chelsea are behind by a fair margin they could still have a huge say in the direction of the title

and its also so close in the relegation zone which means that its pretty impossible to predict which three will go down too

but its definitely a football fans season for sure ..... the only downfall this season is the refereeing mistakes and the fact that the press are putting huge pressure on each one of those - guys who needed cards getting away and small minor indiscretions being carded which spoils games entirely

one huge positive for me is that there is no more a "big four" in the premier league - Man City and Spurs have joined the fray as far as champions league spots go - and i fully expect liverpool to settle down and do better next season - so they will still be there or thereabouts and the more competitive the other teams become the more difficult it becomes for one team to dominate and continue winning UNLESS they are indisputably the best team around - and right now one of those does not exist with everyone doing well one week then making errors in the following week which costs them three points
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

There will be a top 6. Liverpool will improve. Arsenal won't win it-they just won't.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

nani is back ... lol told you it wasnt serious
naughty

Post by naughty »

RiaX wrote:nani is back ... lol told you it wasnt serious
and that means what exactly :roll:

does it mean that idiots like Carragher have a right to kick other players .... so why does everyone else make a fuss when Rooney does it - when the players he hit dont even fall down or get injured

does it also mean to say that Nani doesnt have a right to recover from an injury ...... however long or short that may be :?

the whole point of the argument is that all the idiots who point at Nani need to remember that their idols are not so innocent either and pretending to be hurt is less harmful than being the retard who goes around hurting people

besides how do you know whether he will play today .... have you asked Sir Alex Ferguson about his team sheet - have you asked the united physio's whether Nani will be taking pain injections and playing (if he does indeed play) - or is he 100% fully fit

if it makes you feel any better ...... yeah the lying drama queen is back and it was only a flesh wound instead of a fatal shot ..... there .... are you a happy chappie now?

anyways all that nonsense is getting old - im more interested in the news that Owen Hargreaves is back in training - if he responds well and gets fit for next season and united dont let him go on a free - he may be the holding midfielder that they need so badly and united also seem to making moves for Jack Rodwell from Everton and also Jordan Henderson from Sunderland - so maybe they may have a stronger midfield with competition for places between the new arrivals and also the current crop like Anderson and fletcher (i really wish they get rid of Carrick though because he seems like way past his sell by date .... even moreso than Paul Scholes)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Owen Hargreaves, goodness, when did he last play a match?
He may be match-fit by next season, but he's not going to come out swinging, it'll take him a while to get back his form, but he is a pretty good player.
Too bad he's got glass knees and crepe paper for hamstrings.
The first Man vs Liverpool match next season Carragher or Skrtel are going to amputate his legs - and then after the match Gerrard is going to beat him up in the pub :lol:
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

naughty wrote:
RiaX wrote:nani is back ... lol told you it wasnt serious
and that means what exactly :roll:
sigh, it just means i was right :/
naughty

Post by naughty »

and then after the match Gerrard is going to beat him up in the pub
nah - Hargreaves isnt a DJ - besides Gerrard only bothers with guys who cant fight back ...... like DJ's who dont play his songs :P :P :P
Too bad he's got glass knees and crepe paper for hamstrings.
I lament that FACT too because as you say
but he is a pretty good player
so yeah he is a player that has definitely been missed - and because of his presence they refused to buy a holding midfielder like him which created a huge hole in the centre of midfield for united

as for this bit
The first Man vs Liverpool match next season Carragher or Skrtel are going to amputate his legs
literally too ..... i have absolutely no doubt about that - maybe thats why he wont be playing for United next season - i have heard that united have refused to renew his contract which is running out in around 6 months (normally players renew long term contracts when theres a year or two left so they can get wage increases)

apparently you guys will also probably soon lose the opportunities to hate/bash on Nani cos he seems to be quoted in the media as saying that he would probably like an Italian league (Serie A) adventure if he isnt paid more cash. This tactic may have worked for Rooney to get united to "show him the money" but its precarious for Nani cos Alexis Sanchez has made it clear that he is willing to make a move to a top premier league club - so this is not going to go Nani's way at all no matter how much he emulates the local "waterworks"
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

I actually don't blame Man for not wanting to renew Hargreaves contract...

Yes, he is a good player... but he's just been costing them money these past 3 seasons with no reward as he's hardly played.
If I was Sir Alex I would be looking to get him into some semblance of match fitness and then get rid of him while he still has some value.
There are plenty of good holding midfielders out there - they can make do with Carrick actually :idea:
naughty

Post by naughty »

they can make do with Carrick actually
problem is that Carrick isnt supposed to be a holding type of player - its Fletcher that they can make do with

Carrick is supposed to a creative playmaker in the Paul Scholes mould and to be honest all he does is pass square or backward and run around pointing a lot - so thats not really creative

so yep i would be happy if they could get one more guy who is good at protecting the defence who will be able to control and run the midfield like Roy Keane (thats where Hargreaves was supposed to come in) but i suppose Fletcher can manage that even though he doesnt have the presence of Roy Keane and i wish they would get rid of Gibson (all he can do is score three goals a season by taking lots of potshots .... ie around 100 shots for the three goals he scores and as ive pointed out united could do far better than Carrick who is totally off form)
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

fail
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

FERGUSON TO MULL OVER BAN APPEAL

Ferguson - must decide whether to appeal.

Send to friend
Print
RSS Feed
Sir Alex Ferguson must decide by Monday evening whether to challenge the mammoth five-game touchline ban and £30,000 fine slapped down by the Football Association on Wednesday.

The strict penalty has been greeted with surprise across the game, although the FA's disciplinary panel has clearly decided they will not tolerate after further transgressions from Ferguson.

With a two-match ban now invoked as part of a punishment that was suspended last season for comments about Alan Wiley's fitness, the United boss has to work out whether to contest this punishment or accept his fate, knowing it will condemn him to the stands for the entire month of April, a period that includes the FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City.

"The (Independent Regulatory) Commission found the charge of Improper Conduct relating to media comments proven, following remarks made in relation to match official Martin Atkinson in post-match interviews after Manchester United's fixture with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday March 1, 2011," read an official FA statement.

"Furthermore the Commission invoked a two match suspended touchline ban, relating to a previous charge of Improper Conduct in relation to media comments made in October 2009."

Ferguson's comments came in the aftermath of a 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge in which he was convinced David Luiz should have been sent off.

"You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that," he said to United's in-house TV station MUTV.

"I must say, when I saw who the referee was I feared it. I feared the worst."

There is a school of thought that Ferguson has been extremely harshly treated given he replaced the word "fair" with "strong" almost immediately.

It could also be argued his pre-match view of Atkinson's comments were vindicated by the decisions the referee got wrong, including Chelsea's match-winning penalty, for a "soft" foul by Chris Smalling on Yuri Zhirkov.

However, it is also felt that the Wiley case represented a final warning to the United boss that any further transgressions would be dealt with severely, as has proved to be the case.

Clearly, it was not an outcome Ferguson saw coming when he penned his programme notes for Saturday's FA Cup win over Arsenal.

"I now face an FA charge for what, to my mind, was simply telling the truth," he said.

"I will be defending myself strongly when my FA appeal hearing comes up.

"To my mind, I have not said anything out of place, however much the media urge the FA to take action.

"I won't be on the back foot when I put my case to the FA, though. I don't think sticking up for my team makes me a villain."
Oops.
naughty

Post by naughty »

what difference will it make really? - he can watch from the stands - in fact it may help united cos when he watches from higher up he can see how badly guys like Carrick and Gibson actually play ...... so this could persuade him to get rid of them

if it does then its definitely a good thing in my books LOL - besides he can still get to the change room at halftime to dish out the "hairdryer" treatment - its only a pitchside ban

anyways about time someone started telling referees what sodding idiots they are because each year its dodgy refereeing decisions that cost many teams to lose many games .... it doesnt apply to united only yet the FA only decide to punish SAF for speaking out about it - other managers are allowed to complain

either way who really cares ..... as i said if Carrick and Gibson disappear next season then this thing has had a very positive effect in my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

naughty

Post by naughty »

LOL - he had to have a practice go with the white one so he could still manage to do it wrong with the blue one ..... haha in the end he had to have a "nanny" put it on for him

no wonder headlines state that his manager called him stupid