the Barclays English Premier League thread

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
JollyJamma

Re: the Barclays English Premier League thread

Post by JollyJamma »

What a win for Liverpool after that silly defeat (Not sure what happened there) and congrats to United beating the blues.

I think the blues are almost dead as the current team stands. There's no way a side of that caliber is right in the head and it'll need some changes to get it right.
The coach will be let go.

It looks like Man U. will win it all. Chelsea is blue bottle of sadness, Arsenal doesn't have it to go all the way and City is just meh.
I suppose next year might be different but Man U. always peak at the right time.

Next year Liverpool will be fantastic to watch! I hope...
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
naughty

Post by naughty »

its still too early to say that United will win the Barclays premier league - we still have to play Arsenal at the emirates - and Arsenal have a game in hand - so looking at it this way if Arsenal win their game in hand (against Tottenham) and then beat United at the emirates and if Chelsea go all out for revenge of the champions league exit when they play us at Old Trafford then that leaves united two points BEHIND Arsenal ..... so its still all to play for

then in terms of champions league even if United do make the final i reckon they will have to play Barcelona and im not 100% of a result there

and then this weekend United have to face City in the FA cup semi-final and with the rivalry between the two teams it could all go wrong for United there too

so they could possibly still land up with nothing at all for this season despite being in three tournaments till the closing stages - so its too early to start counting chickens yet - i will be happy with one of the three - all three is a terrific bonus but one of them .... im not fussy which one but any one will just add to the total tally of trophies that United are collecting and i dont see them ending that habit anytime soon - one more champions league gets us closer to Liverpools 5 European trophies and then one league win takes us above liverpools 18 league titles even though those were all division one and not premier league titles - and then one more FA cup just solidifies the number of times we have won that particular trophy - we have already won it a record number of 11 times - but arsenal are close behind with 10 wins in that competition .... so any one of those trophies this season satisfies me but i will take all three if we manage it but it wont be a disaster if we only win one of the three
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Ouch Arsenal, ouch.

No it wasn't a penalty. Lucas went down very easily but it's the refs choice and there were no clear chances that should have gone in the back of the net.

Sure Reina had his hands full but Arsenal were just not able to score in normal play.

Go Liverpool!
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
naughty

Post by naughty »

No it wasn't a penalty. Lucas went down very easily but it's the refs choice
whilst i have every sympathy for Arsenal im afraid you are very wrong there - the fact is that there was contact and the player went down under the contact - definite grounds for a penalty and more than one premier league ref agrees in the pages of British newspapers and tabloids

all Eboue had to do was stand his ground while Lucas got the ball under control and then make him run toward the corner flag while retaining useless possession which would have gotten Liverpool absolutely nothing - as it was he dived in and the result is evident to the whole world - no need for a stupid tackle (yes it was definite insanity) and IMHO as pretty as Arsenal's football is, they still manage to be the self inflicting bearers of their own death many-a-time

I watched "Football Today" on the HD channel where they analyzed the penalty to death and the Arsenal defence really panicked in those last two minutes and threw away those two points ..... right now i can only say that Arsenal need to win all the rest of their games and still rely on Chelsea to beat Manyoo at Old Trafford which is not impossible but it is becoming harder week by week for Arsenal's chances - Tottenham on Wedensday is also a must win for both the North London teams (tottenham and arsenal) so it is going to be a hotly contested Derby - if Tottenham win then they catch up on points to City and stand a chance to spoil city's fourth spot party and IMHO the only way for them to hold on to Gareth Bale for any length of time is to stay in the Champions League - so thats also game on besides for the obvious derby bragging rights amongst both sets of passionate supporters

But hey who are we to complain - the league is still bubbling away and its still anybody's to win - Chelsea are now almost back in it - if Arsenal beat united at the Emirates and if Chelsea beat United at Old Trafford - that drags Chelsea back into the reckoning together with Arsenal one slip up can win it or lose it - so nothings over yet or decided at all - and theres still everything to play for
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

It must have seemed a good idea for Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson to follow his team-mates and open a Twitter account with star striker Wayne Rooney attracting almost 200,000 followers after only joining the site on Saturday morning.

However Gibson deleted his Twitter account less than two hours after joining the social network site today after receiving a volley of abusive messages from supposed United fans unimpressed with his abilities.

The 23 year old set up the account @dgibbo28 shortly after midday but was immediately inundated by negative messages regarding his exploits for United and the Republic of Ireland.

After the page was deleted some Twitter users tried to begin a campaign to get Gibson to return.

Gibson has been unable to establish himself as a first-team regular at Old Trafford since making his debut in a League Cup match in 2005.

He was also at the centre of a dispute over his international allegiance when he opted to play for the Republic of Ireland instead of Northern Ireland in 2007.

Ferdinand a prolific 'tweeter' while
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... rs-1592461
naughty

Post by naughty »

my sympathies to Westham but you were abject all season so unfortunately you deserved your relegation - and it wasnt such a happy end to the season also to Birmingham and also a plucky Blackpool side that played plenty of entertaining football this season - i really didnt want them to go down - but i didnt want to lose the last game of the season to them either cos it meant not being able to match chelseas unbeaten at home record and also creating a new record for consecutive home wins smashing the record set by Newcastle in the past

If we win our first home game next season we will be overtaking chelseas unbeaten record at home ..... and im hoping we can do that because it will silence the guys who keep claiming that this United side is not all that good whereas the fact is that they were still good enough to beat the side that everyone else is supporting :P :P and they are also in the Champions league final - and Win or Lose at Wembley next weekend im pretty happy with the one trophy united got this season ...... mainly cos its N ... N ... N ... N ... N ... Nineteen :wink: .......sinning the champions league will be pretty much icing on the cake and i will be ecstatic if we do it but if we dont manage it im pretty confident we will manage it again sooner rather than later

either way its been a breath taking season with some memorable football and whether your team won or lost or got into the champions league or the europa league or got relegated or even landed mid table its been a helluva season so congrats to aall the teams who did well and condolences to the ones who didnt do so well and leave the league for a lower division
naughty

Post by naughty »

i would 8-2 be an arsenal fan right now :P :P :P :P :P
J_Bay

Post by J_Bay »

^^^ What a game!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Mickzter97

Post by Mickzter97 »

What happened to this thread...it is for the greatest league in the greatest sport of all time...c'mon guys
Violence is not the answer...it is the question. The answer is Yes!
Yes I am a NESer...and I love it!
I know, not the best of stats
Spoiler: (show)
Intel Core i5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|MSI R6870|8GB Cosair Vengeance 1600 RAM|120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD|750GB Samsung Sata2 HDD|NZXT Phantom USB 3.0
Windows Rating - 7.6