How to Wreck a Multi-Million Dollar Lamborghini Concept

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

How to Wreck a Multi-Million Dollar Lamborghini Concept

Post by Anakha56 »

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/07/pa ... -goodwood/

Few things are worse than putting your car into the weeds at speed. One of them is an impromptu farming expedition in a multi-million dollar SUV concept built atop a Lamborghini Gallardo.

At this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, two cars met an untimely demise while running up the winding hill that serves as the event’s center stage. The first was a historic Porsche 962C endurance racer that battled at Le Mans in the late 1980s and early ’90s. Despite mixing it up with Ferraris and Porsches in the past, it got stuffed into a wall at the end of the starting straight. But more painful was the punting of one priceless Parcour.

Italdesign Giugiaro rolled out two Lamborghini-based concepts at the Geneva Motor Show this year, and decided that the hardtop version — with its 550-horsepower, mid-mounted V10 — should run up the hill. Bad move.

Halfway up the Earl of March’s narrow, circuitous driveway, the man at the helm lost control in a high-speed left-hander, spinning the one-off concept into a wall of hay bails.

While the damage didn’t look too bad at initial impact, when the Parcour concept was towed away on a flatbed the extent of the injuries to the left side had the crowd wincing in unison.

If Italdesign Giugiaro and Lamborghini learned anything it’s: A) A Lambo SUV is a bad idea and B) mounting a massive V10 over a foot off the ground has a seriously detrimental effect on handling. Lesson learned.
:(
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: How to Wreck a Multi-Million Dollar Lamborghini Concept

Post by Hman »

Didn't look that bad going wrong, but it seems they made the body out of tissue paper.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Well it was a concept after all. Back to the drawing board!
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Finally, a new Lambirghini that is trying to kill you, just like Lamobs of old.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken