Help deciding a new car

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: Help deciding a new car

Post by THE_STIG »

RiaX wrote:R400k isnt that much money actually
True I suppose. Even the budget cars are way beyond R100k now :?
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Ya price goes up and up ... we earn more we pay more so therefore we havent really had a salary increase in reality
ADT

Post by ADT »

RiaX wrote:Ya price goes up and up ... we earn more we pay more so therefore we havent really had a salary increase in reality

glad you earn more bro :P
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

lol joys of being medical staff
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

I test drove the 86.... I dont get what everyone is sayig its underpowered. Clearly they reading reviews and being influenced. It smashed the c180 coupe the bmw 3 series, hell its faster than my 5 series :O .... though its not the fasting thing on earth, but its a cost effective sports car (2 dr coupe) not bad, not bad. I think my bro's volvo c30 T5 polestar would drop it but in a race with corners, these hot hatches have no chance if driver skill is same. Definately more powerful than my 1.5 vvti auto susuki swift LOL

I dont like its aircon vents ... 1980s bit ugly. I got fed up waiting for the high spec so since mechanically they the same i test drove the standard one. Lucky that entire interior is revamped in the high spec. Order to purchase coming on monday :D im getting the high spec TRD kitted one... the one with 4 exhausts yay me, wont be an m3 but it dont cost 900k. The seats and that damn clock omfw its a zonix ROFL TAKE THE THING OUT TOYOTA!

Its gearbox is special no lies thats why the car can get away with less torque, good ratios hence its a better torque multiplier nice. Though you cant drive it like you drive a normal car, boxer engines have to be driven slightly different, learnt that from my old man's auto subaru in sports mode lol. Does feel over broad from inside and it needs PDC cause you cant see a thing out the back no matter how high you are in the cockpit, used to this from my BMW 5 series anyways.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

hmmmm ya so I ordered the 86, and toyota says "F U we bringing in 30 models for 228 dealerships nationswide because our marketing told us the 86 target market is male 45 years of age" ..... W T F
ADT

Post by ADT »

RiaX wrote:hmmmm ya so I ordered the 86, and toyota says "F U we bringing in 30 models for 228 dealerships nationswide because our marketing told us the 86 target market is male 45 years of age" ..... W T F
so your on a waiting list now? eta?

I've been waiting 2 months now for my ride, and my patience is getting very thin :x
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

No idea on ETA :/ .... trying to get information at other forums the internet is a harsh place rofl.

For those who want to know about the 86 bad points so far this is what I found out:

- It does not come with an alarm that makes a noise, just an immobiliser

- No automatic door lock when you driving

- No range meter

- Toyota removed the toyota touch system on the high spec, its no longer a standard feature
ADT

Post by ADT »

saw a brand spanking new one, without plates in town today, looks wise i would say it's definitely worth the wait :thumbright: , do not know performance wise how it performs.
Spoiler (show)
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

I don't like it too much. Looks good but is rather plasticy inside, looks like they just threw some bits from he Toyota parts bin together to create the interior.......and no proper alarm WTF?
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

ADT wrote:saw a brand spanking new one, without plates in town today, looks wise i would say it's definitely worth the wait :thumbright: , do not know performance wise how it performs.
performs like a drivers machine. It drives like a go-cart with some ooommphf .... dont let the paper figures through you of its quite fast and has enough places you can do work on. With a full TRD upgrade you can bump the car up to 240kW with 400 nm torque at a weight of 1200kg. I just ordered the 4 pipe exhaust the skirting and the suspension braces ... I dont want to uhm die :P

@ Stig

a noisy alarm doesnt do much in today's day and age. How often you actually at your car when the alarm goes of? its usually sitting in a parkade of some sort when you inside. Lots of new cars now dont come with alarms that make noise, just immobilisers.

New subaru forester doesnt have an alarm either

Im content with its simple interior, less things to break
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

I don't find the interior a very nice place to be, thought it wold have a more premium feel than that. But other than that it seems pretty good

The best alarm would be a box of snakes on the seat. nobody with steal a snake infested car.....or you could get something which is slightly rare and has next to no resale value
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

ROFL ... I always wondered with all the technology today why is it so hard to have like a vibrate option on your smartkey (like a cellphone) to inform you your car alarm has gone off ?
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

I too wonder that, why cant the key notify you that the car has been visited by unwelcome guests
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

RiaX wrote:ROFL ... I always wondered with all the technology today why is it so hard to have like a vibrate option on your smartkey (like a cellphone) to inform you your car alarm has gone off ?
Aren't there sms alerts with some systems?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ADT

Post by ADT »

RiaX wrote:
performs like a drivers machine. It drives like a go-cart with some ooommphf .... dont let the paper figures through you of its quite fast and has enough places you can do work on. With a full TRD upgrade you can bump the car up to 240kW with 400 nm torque at a weight of 1200kg. I just ordered the 4 pipe exhaust the skirting and the suspension braces ... I dont want to uhm die :P

that would be sweet man, i am still disappoint that they didn't slap on a turbo onto that car, the car looks so sporty, with the dual exhast pipes etc, kinda reminds me of a supra, and jeez those things can move when they are a bit tuned
Spoiler (show)
ADT

Post by ADT »

i am so negative, gave the local dealership a call yesterday to hear how far my bakkie is coming along and the oke still can't give me a ETA or anything at all about the bakkie, and it's been almost 2 months since i ordered it *#!!!! and then people wonder why so many people drive toyota hiluxes
Spoiler (show)
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

did you order a hilux? because toyota has apparently (stories not sure if its fact my dealer said it when i was complaining about the 86 waiting list) they started selling hiluxes in the UK and south africa produces the hilux so toyota exported them all to get more import/export credits

btw this is the kit i ordered for my 86... trying to get dark grey but at this point in time with supply so scarce i will take any colour. You can bi-turbo and toyota will do it for you at a cost but petrol is going out of control so i just did the minor stuff nothing big under the hood

this is the USA version of the 86 it trades as scion not toyota, couldnt find a nice lit up dash of our one but its the same as this

RiaX

Post by RiaX »

KALSTER wrote:
RiaX wrote:ROFL ... I always wondered with all the technology today why is it so hard to have like a vibrate option on your smartkey (like a cellphone) to inform you your car alarm has gone off ?
Aren't there sms alerts with some systems?
not sure if they available in SA, in america there are. Though is it so hard for a car to do these realistic things? i mean the new BMWs can let you facebook in the car yet it cant tell me when someone is interfering with it when im in the mall and its parked in a parkade on the 4th floor ?!?

I mean honestly how pointless is an alarm ? have you EVER went to someone when you see them fiddling in their car and go "excuse me is this your car?" , hell security dont even do it. Everyone just assumes they having alarm problems or forgot to disarm the alarm. So if a theif just acts nonchalantly no one will care that alarm has gone off
ADT

Post by ADT »

RiaX wrote:did you order a hilux?
nope, a ford ranger, but i was considering it tuesday, tired of this **** service, but i decided to relax and just forget about it for another month or so
Spoiler (show)
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

But you see, car manufactures in general have rubbish service. Always promising things or going out of their way to rip you off
ADT

Post by ADT »

THE_STIG wrote:But you see, car manufactures in general have rubbish service. Always promising things or going out of their way to rip you off

they should go F() themselves :P
Spoiler (show)
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

That they should, and they know we have to come to them at some point so they can get away with being a bunch of idiots
ADT

Post by ADT »

+1
Spoiler (show)
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

I feel like i got robbed ... I get zero feedback now :/