My new car - Audi RS4

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

My new car - Audi RS4

Post by Nuke »

My turn to do some bragging.

Here it is, my first car.(photo is a bit crappy, took it with my phone)
Its a 2006 Audi RS4, brought it with a 2 year warranty.

Damn its fast, and when pushed, drinks like a sailor. But its the best car I have ever driven.

Any thoughts on it?
Last edited by Nuke on 20 May 2012, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Brought myself a car

Post by Stuart »

Looks nice. Congrats!
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Bought myself a car

Post by Tribble »

It does look really nice - congrats! Just watch the fast - there are enough idioooots on the roads ;-) Don't need you wrapping yourself around a pole.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Your first car is an RS4 :?:
Cant wait to see your first insurance claim :P

If you can't tell, I'm jelly
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Brought myself a car

Post by ryanrich »

Awesome car dude, congrats! I almost bought one before my GTI but the consumption as an every day car would've killed me.

We (FRC) have some nice tuning options if the modding bug bites, helps with the consumption.

Enjoy man, stunning!
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

That's the car(same colour too) that Clarkson raced up a mountain against those climbers. Its epic, I love the sound of its 4.2L V8, must sound awesome when going through tunnels :D :D
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Not planning on hitting any poles, or anything for that matter, its a bit expensive to fix. :) But I like Audi's safety record, and its a heavy car. After one of my friends where in a crash with his Audi 500, I got respect for Audi. He never wears a seatbelt and he hit a Ford Ranger on the side,as it turned in infront of him. He didn't even have a scrape on him, while then Ford was lying on its roof, both people inside unconscious. He would have driven the car home if the water and hydraulic oil didn't run out.

I always said that when I buy a car I'm going to buy what I want. By buying 2nd hand and saving up instead of financing the car, you get a lot more bang for your buck. If I brought a new car over 5 years, the only thing I could have gotten cheaper is a compact car like the Ford Figo, etc. Makes no sense to me.

The fuel consumption on the open road is not that bad, about 10l/100km. In city traffic its insane I have to agree. About 20l+/100km. I drive mainly open road, its doesn't bother me.

If you have any info brochures, please send them on. After spending this much on a car, I can't justify more money on it now, but I am interested. I would like a more free flow exhaust, without catalyst converters, it should give a bit more power and a V8 should sound like a V8. Not that it sounds bad in sport mode, but it can be better.

Saw that video on Youtube after I did a test drive and I was like "There goes my car!" Sadly here is no tunnels near me, would like to test that.

Guess my thread title suck, gonna change that.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: My new car - Audi RS4

Post by THE_STIG »

That is why I like big heavy German saloons. I want to know that of I do hit something that whatever I hit will come off second best. And yes 2nd hand FTW, you can get a really nice car for the same price as new little hatchback and buying second hand will not end in tears as so many like to believe(as long as you dont buy a lemon).....

Now I have a big problem with people who put a free flow exhaust on their 1.3. But if you have a V8 then you have every right to do so :wink:
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

My thoughts is where on earth do you people get this kind of money?

I mean, I'm struggling fuel-wise (And even food wise) on my aged DT180.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Definitely not where we get ours.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I don't see many people with that view on heavy cars. But physics speaks for itself. I like German cars, but the large Volvo's are also good, big, safe cars. Like I always say, if I am in a crash, I want to be very angry, rather, I want to be able to be very angry.
Personally I find hatchbacks ugly. Its not a show stopper, but when given a choice, I will not buy it. A car should look like a car.

Won the Lotto last week....jk
If you are good with networks, you can get paid fairly well. I have been saving up for the past 6 years, instead of buying a new car at 18 and giving the bank 30%, I can spend a bit more at 24 on a good 2nd hand car.
naughty

Post by naughty »

the only problem with second hand cars is that service and maintenance becomes a killer - warranties are usually over and you have absolutely no idea how the previous owner looked after it ie if he drove like a idiot and kept on banging it hard all day then you have a car with parts just waiting to die on you - not such a good idea especially with high performance vehicles .... its much more risk than im willing to take

and thats the main reason why i prefer a brand new car - in the end IMHO with the amount you will spend to maintain a GOOD second hand vehicle will have you spending more-or-less a similar amount anyway in the long run - and after having many breakdowns with various second hand cars i have decided to buy lower BUT brand new each time .... but thats just me

but either way its still an awesome car that you have got and i wish you have many happy miles of motoring with it - it will give you a more tactile driving experience than the figo's and polo's you would normally have to get if you wanted a brand new car so congratulations and enjoy
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
CountZero

Post by CountZero »

Awesome car!

Congrats!!
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Dude.

F.U.

Sincerely,
Jealous
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken