French vs German cars

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
doo_much

Re: French vs German cars

Post by doo_much »

You use 'Hello Peter' as proof? :eyebrow:

I'm shocked.

Do yourself a favour. Look at this one. Does that tell you something?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

I was trying to find what people thought about the cars....most of the merc complaints seem to be about the dealers and the financial services, which I will admit are really bad.....but then again most of the motoring industry is like this, they only want your money and don't care about the your problem.

However the complaints about Chinese cars are mostly about the cars themselves rather than dealers.....

Edit: And besides I was not interested in how may pagers of complaints there were, only in what the complains are about.

And one more thing, if Chinese cars and Indian cars were so good then why do car rental companies not have any??
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

THE_STIG wrote:I was trying to find what people thought about the cars....most of the merc complaints seem to be about the dealers and the financial services, which I will admit are really bad.....but then again most of the motoring industry is like this, they only want your money and don't care about the your problem.

However the complaints about Chinese cars are mostly about the cars themselves rather than dealers.....
I hear what you're saying BUT.

Find the owner of one of those vehicles and get their first-hand impressions. My neighbour drives a GWM single cab and he's attitude is that he is happy - considering what he paid for it. The bakkie uses 'old-tech', but so far it has proven to be reliable.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

In the context of most arguments or issues (especially Hellopeter) there are 3 sides to the story.

The client's story
The dealers story and...

the truth.

What you see on hellopeter is the consumers account of the facts and I always take these complaints with a pinch of salt.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

@Doo. I know, but I still would never ever recommend one. Some people do have good experiences with them but then there are lots who dont, and I still feel that you will be better off buying a second hand European or Japanese car.

I will admit that GWM are by far the best Chinese car manufacturer, and are way better than TATA(say tata to the money you apparently saved) still would not touch one though
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

IcePick88 wrote:In the context of most arguments or issues (especially Hellopeter) there are 3 sides to the story.

The client's story
The dealers story and...

the truth.

What you see on hellopeter is the consumers account of the facts and I always take these complaints with a pinch of salt.

Well said. :thumbup:

THE_STIG wrote:@Doo. I know, but I still would never ever recommend one.
I'm not taking issue with your statement that these marques are, generally, of poor quality. I disagree however with your using Peter Cheales' abominal money making scheme as a method of proof. ;)
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

O/T did you guys see the 1 Mercedes Benz complaint about the dealer ASSAULTING the customer?

epic.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

@doo. You are probably right, I suppose road tests are the only way to prove if the car is any good........or the J.D powers surveys
GreyWolf wrote:O/T did you guys see the 1 Mercedes Benz complaint about the dealer ASSAULTING the customer?

epic.
Really, where is this :lol:

This is why my car has not been near Merc since the previous owner took it there in 2004