Gumball 3000 (pics added)

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Synthesis

Gumball 3000 (pics added)

Post by Synthesis »

So you like supercars? :twisted:

One week until Gumball 3000 - 2011

In just two weeks 100+ supercars, their owners and thousands of fans from all over the world gather in London for the start of this years Gumball 3000 rally. Gumball 2011 returns to its roots with a classic European road rally from London to Istanbul. The organizers are emphasizing on the green future of supercars with displays of eco-supercars in major cities along the route. Read the full event schedule below or keep an eye on our dedicated Gumball 3000 fansite for the latest news and gossip.
The fee is £25,000 per car (two people), for a full-on week of partying, high jinks and adrenaline fuelled adventure! The fee includes hotels each night, food, parties and checkpoints on route.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Sorry, HOW MUCH???

Source

Some 2010 pics
Last edited by Synthesis on 27 May 2011, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Synthesis

Re: Gumball 3000

Post by Synthesis »

Just a few of the photo's my brother took at the event startup line.

JollyJamma

Re: Gumball 3000 (pics added)

Post by JollyJamma »

Sorry, HOW MUCH???
You obviously miss how rich the people are who take part in it?

They are billionaires who take huge risks at a young age and get loads of sex by flashing their wallets at hot super models and race across Europe in a fat party and race combined. The Renault entry doesn't plan on cashing in on the hotels. The speeds and distances these people travel in one day are insane and they risk falling asleep at the wheel to win.

It's a dream of mine. One day. One day I'll race a 800bhp uno across Europe.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
Prime

Re: Gumball 3000 (pics added)

Post by Prime »

6600 Aus$ for entry into the WSC. That excludes food, accomodation, fuel costs for the support vehicles and support team, travel costs or licencing costs on the car. 25000 Pounds inclusive isn't alot of money.