Which Car Lights do you use

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
JollyJamma

Re: Which Car Lights do you use

Post by JollyJamma »

garp wrote:Fitting an HID Kit to a car not originally designed for them is illegal... Reason being, is that if you fit it into a car with standard reflector type lenses, it will blind oncoming traffic. A lot of cars now are coming with projector type lenses which should be fine to fit an HID kit into *Should be fine - Not all of them are the right spec!

Fitting higher wattage halogen globes into standard headlights is also illegal, and a safety risk from melting lamp enclosures to possible fire from overloading the OME wiring. Aftermarket globes also tend to burn out more quickly than OME stuff.
You want our police force to enforce that? They can't even figure out twitter.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
garp

Post by garp »

JollyJamma wrote:
garp wrote:Fitting an HID Kit to a car not originally designed for them is illegal... Reason being, is that if you fit it into a car with standard reflector type lenses, it will blind oncoming traffic. A lot of cars now are coming with projector type lenses which should be fine to fit an HID kit into *Should be fine - Not all of them are the right spec!

Fitting higher wattage halogen globes into standard headlights is also illegal, and a safety risk from melting lamp enclosures to possible fire from overloading the OME wiring. Aftermarket globes also tend to burn out more quickly than OME stuff.
Point is, it’s still illegal whether or not they enforce it – Not to mention inconsiderate to other road users to blind them because some chop doesn’t know what he is doing, or just doesn’t care.
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Prime

Post by Prime »

JollyJamma wrote:

Lets leave the police force out of this lest they shoot you for brighter headlights :lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

garp wrote:Exactly. Didn't Doom 3 have some sort of nail gun or something? :mrgreen: As Prime said, It’s really the reflector that contributes to the brightness of your lights. You can have the brightest globe in the world, but with a deteriorated/Badly designed reflector, it’s not going to help with getting that light onto the road.
Exactly, if you want brighter lights go and buy a proper car, the cheap cars have very basic reflectors and don't have all the other add-ons like height adjustment.... since it would make the car more expensive and it is why expensive cars like Mercedes, BMW, Jag..... have such bright and complex headlamps.

BTW it was Quake 4 that had the nail gun, but I would like to have such a thing as it would be put to good use on those idiots who drive with the hi-beams on in the suburbs :x and the stupid Taxis :twisted: