Installing Interior Neons...big pic warning

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Spicy-McHaggis

Installing Interior Neons...big pic warning

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

So i have started this today and thought id make a How to on it at the same time as i couldnt fine one anywhere on the net lol!

So what would u need?...

Car(Tigra A in this case LAYLA )

Interior Lights(Can find these on ebay for cheap)

All purpose adhesive :)
Image (i went for adhesive instead of velcro or double sided tape because this will be there for a while lol and i did not have any velcro :P

Switch(also cheap from ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

And time...

SO!

At first i got everything together as you do when doing something like this .

Pulled off the fuse cover and had a look where i can get this in,

Thought to myself that i will not be playing arround with fuses!
SO...
took out the ashtray...

Then thought lets find some power quickly..using the wiring going to the Lighter i disconnected the lighter unit and connected the lights to the wiring and...

Had a w00h00 moment for a second...sip a coffee and went on thinking wherre i should mount the passenger side neon...so i mounted it right behind the parcel shelf...

Took off parcel shelf...

Had a look see if it would work...

SO...
Layd the adhesive..and attached the light

tied it down with twine to keep it there until glue dries,

Glue dried...

fitted the parcel shelf back in place and lay wiring through back of ashtray

connected it again quickly to have look see :D

Thats it for now, i will continue this when weather is slightly better and i got some time, all questions,views and opinions more then welcome!
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
JollyJamma

Re: Installing Interior Neons...big pic warning

Post by JollyJamma »

Bling Bling there my china
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

lol
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

what next, bud?

Disco ball and strobe lights :P
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Wait wait wait....

You own a Tigra!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

wow
just wow

i started typing a response but backspaced it
just wow
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

GreyWolf wrote:Wait wait wait....

You own a Tigra!
i sure do my furry friend :)
Sojourn wrote:wow
just wow

just wow
?...
jamin_za wrote:what next, bud?

Disco ball and strobe lights :P
lol nah gonna stay simple for the first couple a months :)
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:So today i decided that il fuse it anyway and started preparing to mount the driver side neon...

looked behind the fuse box and found a bar i quickly dusted off and had a look see if the neon would be a good fit lentgh wise,

dusted some spots down and added the glue to the bar and light,

run through the wiring...

Connected the wires to some power to have a looksy!

connected both sides...

This is where il be installing the switch

in the back of the ashtray :)
As the ashtray closes il have half an inch for the switch :)

im a happy man!

now il finish it off 2morrow with a fuse and install the switch
right so due to me getting chest infection and throat inflamation :( i have not worked on this any further... when im better il continue :)
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

yeah freak accident when i was little...
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
Sojourn wrote:wow
just wow

just wow
?...
Diff strokes and all, but you don't think this is a wee bit tappit and/or common?
Just my opinion, please don't take offense.
I'll leave your thread alone now.
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

lol none taken i appreciate any and all opinions and feedback,

if i do engine upgrades insurance swallows me whole and squirts me out the back over and over again,

it main purpose will be for shows and daily driving, i will be installing a switch so they wont be on all the time :)

and also...

my screen project is on hold for now untill i get a new screen as i blew the first one and it was my own fault so they wont replace it...
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

That reminds me
Now cruising in his Tigra, he sees homies as he pass
But if he looks twice, they're gonna kick his lilly a$$!
Ehy Bru, pimping ride and all. Gonna get some blinging rims there man, nothing less than 12 inches hey man you wanna get those shorties looking. Come cruise with us round Boksberg sometime.

I could go on...
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Congratulations, you are now an indian. :lol:
To receive your certificate of conversion, simply do a bad tint job on your windows. :wink:
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

Prime wrote:Congratulations, you are now an indian. :lol:
To receive your certificate of conversion, simply do a bad tint job on your windows. :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...