Petrol

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: Petrol

Post by THE_STIG »

-Prometheus- wrote:We used only Sasol in the old Volkswagen and everyone who inspected it said they never saw a cleaner engine. Yes they may all add whatever additives they want but there is also the stuff that gets in there by itself, Sasol is just cleaner in that regard. This may be due to them using mainly coal and gas instead of oil.
+1, Sasol fuel is defiantly cleaner.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Meh, fill up at a reputable garage where you won't get water and debri in your tank. That will do more for your wallet than anything else.
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Petrol will go up next month guys-it's too much of a surge in the oil price with a slight drop in the Rand/$ to avoid another jump.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

JollyJamma wrote:Petrol will go up next month guys-it's too much of a surge in the oil price with a slight drop in the Rand/$ to avoid another jump.
6 of April if I'm not mistaken.

Time to buy a scooter and ride that to work. 40km/l is impressive. And I save on km on the big bike. :wink:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

I buy BP because ... their garages are the neatest and cleanest. Everyone else looks dodge. Also... my handbook says to use 95 octane minimum, so no choice there.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

What you driving GreyWolf :?:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

BMW 540i e39
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Jip only BMW that would punish you like that. I can't imagine that that e39 is anything but thirsty.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

330i has by far the best performance per litre of most other cars. Fast and does 9 litres to the 100.

Yep scooter sounds like a plan.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Jip only BMW that would punish you like that. I can't imagine that that e39 is anything but thirsty.
Currently doing 12.3l/100km in city driving
- H. L. Mancken
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

GreyWolf wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:Jip only BMW that would punish you like that. I can't imagine that that e39 is anything but thirsty.
WHAT ?!?!?!

i cant believe that i got an e39 525i (yes i hate you for owning the 540) and i get 12l/100km D: are you driving at like 5kph?

i got the motorsport kit that BMW offered (it wasnt cosmetic only like todays BMW), but still
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

RiaX wrote:
GreyWolf wrote:
WHAT ?!?!?!

i cant believe that i got an e39 525i (yes i hate you for owning the 540) and i get 12l/100km D: are you driving at like 5kph?

i got the motorsport kit that BMW offered (it wasnt cosmetic only like todays BMW), but still
Hehehehe I get 8l/100k in traffic :P
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

RiaX, the problem is that it is a heavy car, and the huge amounts of torque I have means I don't have to push the engine as much as you do. I waft along. :)

Ruad, it's the price I pay for wafting :)
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

@GrayWolf: Agreed on that. If I had the money I would also waft around in something of my choosing rather than something of necessity.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

:(
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

Time to buy a scooter and ride that to work. 40km/l is impressive...
My Tigra gives me 40mpg.... :) and its 1.4 16v my mates 16.8v mk2 golf gives him the same but on long drive i get upto 49mpg :)

1 uk mile is 1.61km.. :)
1 uk gallon is 3.78l

i do 64.3km on 3.78l....

source 1
http://www.convertunits.com/from/litres ... n+%5BUK%5D

comine with

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0001713.html

and google...

u guys think petrol is expensive there...

try £1.38p/l at some places here!
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

-Prometheus- wrote:Hmm...
Car = l/km
Motorbike = km/l
Bicycle = ?
hmmm 4 litres / 10km (water)
Spicy-McHaggis