Sound Techs

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Shawn911

Sound Techs

Post by Shawn911 »

Calling all Sound Techs :D

Can someone assist me with a diagram how to setup car sound a DVD unit to a 4 channel star sound amp Meaning this.

it has its normal wire harness plug (memory,front speakers rear speakers ect) then it has RCA outputs for the Dvd Head unit like a surround sound system ( front left,right Rear left,right Sub woofer.) 5 Rca's then 1 Extras for Rear View cames and 1 for extra screen.Meaning a lot of Stuff.

http://www.soundmatch.co.za/online.asp? ... asp?id=579 (Almost look alike.)

My current connections is the normal wiring harness to the car audio is connected.and the 4 Channels from the Rca's (front left,right Rear left,right) is connected to the 4 channels amp.it plays and the lot but something is not right.

The sub is bridged between the Two front Channels on the amp.and is working great. and the rear 6x9 is connected to the rear channels.

now i Just some advice how to connect this stuff differently and properly.to get it working to its full potential.And i lost my remote to the Dvd head unit cant i maybe not buy one to program it to the radio or must i get a new radio for that.
PureFire

Re: Sound Techs

Post by PureFire »

Here's advice...
If you dont know what you're doing, take it to a reputable place who does.

too many people stuff their installations up.
where are you situated?
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

PureFire wrote:Here's advice...
If you dont know what you're doing, take it to a reputable place who does.

too many people stuff their installations up.
where are you situated?
+1
When I was a small kid, we had quicksand in our sandbox. I was an only child...eventually.
  • Intel Core2Duo E2160 (1.80 GHz) @ 3.00 GHz (on Standard Air Cooling)
  • Asus P5K Mobo
  • 2 Gig Kingston 800 MHz RAM
  • Calibre Sparkle 8500GT (512mb DDR2) (Core = 420MHz @ 760 MHz, Mem = 300 MHz @ 410MHz)
  • 250 Gig SATAII HDD
  • Samsung 2253GW 22" LCD Monitor (1680 x 1050, 10000:1, 2ms)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Haters gonna hate
Jeez offer the guy advice or don't, for all we know he ran the cables himself already and got the system 80% working :P

You should have separate amps for your sub and 6x9's, unless your amp has a proper crossover built-in it wont sound that great running a sub on a bridge and 2 6x9's off the two remaining channels.
You will either get too much bass to your 6x9 or too much midrange from your sub with that setup

also, why are you using 6x9's, this isn't 1996, get some decent split units ;)

Maybe you will be lucky and naughty or Maxxis will drop by and offer some help, I haven't touched car sound myself in ages.
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

Jamin, Because its blatantly obvious that he doesnt know what he's doing.

So it will be easier if he just gets it done by a shop!
a reputable one none the less.

besides, i could have told him its a stupid idea to add a dvd system to 6x9's and a sub, without having any front stage, but who am i to argue?
Shawn911

Post by Shawn911 »

No personal attacks please, consider yourself warned - we frown upon members wishing death on each other.
- jamin

jamin_za wrote:Haters gonna hate
Jeez offer the guy advice or don't, for all we know he ran the cables himself already and got the system 80% working :P

You should have separate amps for your sub and 6x9's, unless your amp has a proper crossover built-in it wont sound that great running a sub on a bridge and 2 6x9's off the two remaining channels.
You will either get too much bass to your 6x9 or too much mid range from your sub with that setup

Maybe you will be lucky and naughty or Maxxis will drop by and offer some help, I haven't touched car sound myself in ages.
I really say thanks for the advice.My system is Working Absolutely fine And did it all by my self.I got the car on finance.BUT TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP IS A LOT OF MONEY I DON'T HAVE AT THE MOMENT.this is why there is a forum for some free advice.But ppl Trolling instead of advice is scaring people off the forum and then they don't want to ask advice.

I know most of the tips and tricks.I got the System For Free the lot speakers and the lot cabling.So i did the setup myself it's I just wanted some advice or diagram's to make sure my system is correct and if there is something i might learn or pick up extra.

The car had Such a k@k tape deck that couldn't even pick up decent radio signal just white irritating noise and i was standing at the mall's robot on a Saturday,it is hot and sweaty and I have this Hawker bugging me about buying his glasses so i just lost it and ripped the thing out and said THERE AND F>>> OFF NOW!!.and got some glasses.

Why the 6x9 ? was for free. just bought another head unit.so i went DVD unit.
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

www.diymobile.com

they'll help you with the greatest pleasure.
Shawn911

Post by Shawn911 »

Shawn911 wrote:No personal attacks please, consider yourself warned - we frown upon members wishing death on each other.
- jamin

jamin_za wrote:Haters gonna hate

You will either get too much bass to your 6x9 or too much mid range from your sub with that setup

I really say thanks for the advice.My system is Working Absolutely fine And did it all by my self.I got the car on finance.BUT TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP IS A LOT OF MONEY I DON'T HAVE AT THE MOMENT.this is why there is a forum for some free advice.But ppl Trolling instead of advice is scaring people off the forum and then they don't want to ask advice.

I know most of the tips and tricks.I got the System For Free the lot speakers and the lot cabling.So i did the setup myself it's I just wanted some advice or diagram's to make sure my system is correct and if there is something i might learn or pick up extra.

The car had Such a k@k tape deck that couldn't even pick up decent radio signal just white irritating noise and i was standing at the mall's robot on a Saturday,it is hot and sweaty and I have this Hawker bugging me about buying his glasses so i just lost it and ripped the thing out and said THERE AND F>>> OFF NOW!!.and got some glasses.

Why the 6x9 ? was for free. just bought another head unit.so i went DVD unit.

Noted: sorry got a little Excited :oops:
Sorry pure-fire was not intentional got too excited the wrong way My apologize to you and the Board. :(
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

This would have been sorted already if you where from Lenz, laanie

You sorted things out yet ?
Temporary Absence
Shawn911

Post by Shawn911 »

Anthro wrote:This would have been sorted already if you where from Lenz, laanie

You sorted things out yet ?
Lenz? lenasia i presume,if im not mistaken. :oops: :roll:

nope i am browsing the internet broken to see if i can get diagrams.but i dont ask here anymore i just browse now to maybe get some tips off other problems the guys might have and then work from there.not to be funny or anything.The Sound is Working 100% i can have a nice party in my back seat.but this was also for my own knowledge to see how those units work and that i can have the correct setup.so any info i get now i absorb. :D