Can Anyone say Lousy Audi.....

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mclaren

Can Anyone say Lousy Audi.....

Post by Mclaren »

this mornings letter to the big cheese at Audi
On the 20th November my vehicle lost power on the way through the Drakensberg. I called Audi Assist whom had a technician call me to try and diagnose the problem over the phone which could not be done. The technician advised my vehicle would have to be towed in order for Audi to diagnose the fault and that I would be informed of the fault ASAP. This was at approximately 2pm. My vehicle was picked up late on the Friday evening of the 20th November. As it was late I did not expect to get a call until the Saturday morning.

The following Saturday (21 November) I waited and waited for the call. Eventually at about 10:30am or 11:00am I eventually decided to call Audi Assist to find out A) where my car had been towed to, and B) what was the fault. After speaking to Karen, she advised me when would find out and get back to me within 10 minutes. Which she did, and said it was a fault with a valve on the manifold. When asked what the turn-around time for the repair would be, she advised she would have to get back to me. Again she did so, and with a teleconference to the branch, I was told that it should take about half a day to repair. I said that was fine and then queried how I would get my vehicle back as I would be back in Johannesburg by Monday. I was told that once the branch had fixed the car I would have to wait 5 to 7 days for my car to be repatriated back to my closest branch. I was fine with that and left the repair in the dealers hands.

On Monday morning I called the Audi Assist line to check up on the car. I was told the car was still at the branch and that the branch would get hold of me once the car had been repaired. I was fine with that. I heard nothing until Wednesday morning when I was called by the branch, a chap by the name of Norman said my vehicles part would be in by 11am that day and it should take a couple of hours to repair. Again I was happy with that. I heard nothing from the branch till the following day (Thursday 26th) when someone called me to let me know that the car was ready for collection. I told them that the car was to be repatriated to Johannesburg. They said they will call Audi Assist to sort out the details. I heard nothing for an hour or so, so I called Audi Assist to check on the plans. I was told my car was loaded on to the transporter 20 minutes prior to my call and that they could not tell me when the car would arrive but I was to give it 7 to 10 days (a change from the original 5 to 7 days). Anyways, I accepted this and let the issue be.

On Monday the 30th, curiosity got the better of me so I called the Audi Assist line to find out where my car was, I was told they cannot tell me and I must wait the 7 to 10 days. So that was that and I left it for a few days.

On Friday I called to find out if the car was going to be delivered on time by Saturday the 5th as that would be the 10 days up. I was told again that they cannot say for sure as Audi Assist cannot determine where the car is. This time I did not accept the call centres answer as I was now getting anxious and I have no idea where MY car is. Anyways Marius said he would try and find out. 30 minutes went by so I called Audi Customer service. Yolandi took my call and said she would find out where my car was and get back to me. A few minutes later Marius called me back and said my car was in the Durban Depot, and that it was only collected from Ladysmith on the 1st. I disagreed with him and said he must get to the bottom of it as I was told it had been collected on the 26th. He said he would do his best to find out.

A short while later Yolandi also got back to me whom confirmed Marius’s story. I said the same to her and she said she would follow up.

Marius then called me back and said he had teleconference the branch and I think the transport co, and said that it had been indeed collected on the 26th. I then had Marius make arrangements for the car to be delivered by no later than Monday as the 10 days were up.

A short while later, Yolandi got hold of me to tell me the car was actually collect on the 1st. I said I had just spoken to Marius whom confirmed the car had been collected on the 26th. Yolandi said the was defiantly only collected on the 1st of December, the car was suppose to have been collected but the technician needed more time (more time for what ?, I am unsure as I had already received a call stating the car was completed). As a result the car could not be loaded. So, I asked for her to get Norman on the line as I had been told otherwise.

Norman called me and said he would find out what happened. He did so and called me back and said he cannot find anyone whom said my car was ready, and said there was nothing he can do (I do not understand this as; A) I was told the car was ready; and; B) Audi Assist must have been called to collect the car.

The only consolation I have at this point is : I have been informed by Audi Assist that my car will defiantly be at the Glen by Monday (today). Only time will tell.

A few issues I have with the whole issue are:

1. Why was a technician not dispatched ? (had been dispatched my car would have been diagnosed on site and found to be drivable. This would have allowed me to take the car to my choice of Audi repair centres)
2. Why did I have to call Audi Assist to find out what was the fault on my vehicle?
3. Why did the repair take 5 days? (Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday(see 6 point below))
4. Why did the replacement part take 4 days to get to Ladysmith?
5. Why when on my first few calls I was told that repatriation would be 5 to 7 days, was it changed to 7 to 10 days?
6. Why was the car not ready for the truck on Thursday if the part had arrived on Wednesday
7. Why was I called to say the car was ready when(in-be-known to me) it was indeed not.
8. Why was I not contacted and informed of the delay.
9. Why did it take an additional 5 days (26st to 1st) to collect the car
10. Why is the car sitting at a depot and not on a truck in transit.

I am really upset about the whole issue. And trust that this will be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

I have been without a car since the 20th November. 2 weeks +.

This morning I spoke to Yolandi at just after 8am, whom said she will follow up with where my vehicle is at. I am still waiting for her call.

In the mean time I have spoken to Janine at Auto carriers, and Jonathan at Auto carriers whom have been more helpful than Audi. At the time of this mail, according to Jonathan my vehicle is at Escourt. However Auto Carriers can give me no guarantee that the vehicle will be at the glen today.

I have also spoken to Monira at the Managing Directors desk on 041 994 4111, to follow up on this issue.

I hope that this email is replied to and that something will be done to ensure my vehicle is sorted.
GregH
Processor: Intel 4770K
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VI
Graphics card: GTX680
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Re: Can Anyone say Lousy Audi.....

Post by GregH »

Not what you expect from Audi. I am on my third Audi and have had only compliments but a single incident like this can destroy ones faith in a brand.

Perhaps you should have gone to the police and laid a charge of theft against the dealer principle of the dealership that collected the car. That would have helped generate a little "extra" attention in your direction. :wink:
GregH
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz / Corsair H100I dual radiator closed loop liquid CPU cooler / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8.8.8.24 / Asus Maximus Hero VI MoBo / GTX680 / Crucial C300 SSD 256GB / 1.5TB Seagate SATAII / Onboard Hi Def Audio / Dual monitor 23 inch Dell LCD /
Windows 7 Pro 64
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

GregH wrote:Perhaps you should have gone to the police and laid a charge of theft against the dealer principle of the dealership that collected the car.
:lol:
Yes, this guy complaining is taking all this too calmly for my liking.

If my car was towed away and then almost a week later if nobody knew where it was for sure, I would be absolutely furious.

Nevermind a letter - I'd be banging on the CEO's door.

South African's are either too used to poor service, or else too scared to speak up when they recieve it. It's good to see someone making waves.
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

This was my letter to AUDI. I was pretty calm in my letter, but in my various calls to AUDI i was furious.

My problem was, there was little i could do....i mean, its no use getting in my car and trapping down to ladysmith, just to vent my anger.

And yes, we as South Africans do tend to accept bad service. But i think its more an issue of, what else can we do, Lawyers cost a lot of money and if you threaten lawyer action the service provider shrugs it off as most will threaten and do nothing.

I have at least taken this up with AUDI SA, and they have lodged a formall complaint against the branch. Again, this would have not helped me much, but i think its important that Audi look into it as this type of service does destroy brands.

One of my biggest peeves is when pick and pay staff walk in front of their paying customers. they should make way for you, not the other way round.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Have you had a response to this letter yet, Mclaren :?:
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

yeah right.........and father xmas is real too......
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Good luck on getting a response this decade...
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Helopeter comes to mind! :evil:
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

Audi... A company that does NOT respond (on hellopeter)

I use hellopeter all the time. Helps.

My buddy scored Oakleys from MTN cause of complaining on hellopeter.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Unbelievable! What a sad company.