ultimate motorbikes

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
naughty

ultimate motorbikes

Post by naughty »

ive noticed many new threads being started about motorbikes - and since i watch all th ebike programs on discovery channel ive been fascinated byt the subject - i cannot ride a bike so its a bit superfluous for me to think of buying one but heres some pics of the bike id love to buy if i could afford it

i watched this bike being built on biker build off and i reckon it would probably cost a fortune - but if i could afford it id buy this in a flash - i also like the work of Orange County Choppers but thats another topic - and im sure that their bikes would be more affordable - but the custom fabrication done by Sam Pugliese on this bike is amazing - also the technology involved ie it doesnt use a belt or chain to drive the wheels - its a more complicated bit of technology

but since i cant ride a two wheeler i wouldnt mind a quad - but quads are very slow and more for usage as workhorses - so maybe something like this trike from exile custom bikes might suit me better - this bike is available in SA for R390k if anyone wants one

the guy riding it in the last pic is the guy who built it

so people - heres a chance to post some pics of your ultimate bikes - ie what you would love to have if you could afford it and since you cant its only a dream item - it can be any type of bike - not necessarily a chopper or custom
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

If it were to be any bike it would be one of these two (maybe updated later)

Ducati Desmosedici RR

MV Agusta F4 CC

Both of these bikes churn out a monsterous 200BHP

They are also very rare (I can't tell the figures off the top of my head right now, but I'll update later)
naughty

Post by naughty »

hey i can see you are majorly into speed - well im the other way - i prefer style to speed since i cant really imagine where we would be able to use much of the speed that those bikes are capable off

but each to his own :wink: - and those bikes look nice enough even though i would find them very uncomfortable due to the seating positions - on the choppers you would tend to be sitting upright - whereas on those racing style bikes you would tend to be sitting far more forward and bunched up which my stomach will not allow :wink: - so its a bit of a rough deal for me
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Naughty - that first chopper will also be very uncomfortable to ride by the looks of it. Looks like almost no suspension on the rear end at all, but i may be mistaken. But absolutely beautiful to look at.
Personally i think the trike is quite ugly and also the fact that is it a trike means it loses all it's motorcyclness (new word for the dictionary). If you can't lean over in the corners then a lot of what makes a motorcycle fun is lost I feel.

My ultimate bike(s)..

For the track:
It has got to be the Ducati Desmosedici RR that Wik1d posted.

For everyday use:
The BMW GS800 is just so good to ride in all conditions. Can take it on the dirt roads and can commute. A trip round SA on one of these would be a pleasure.

Most fun you can have on two wheels:
The Aprilia SXV4.5 - personally i think the 5.5 would be just to powerful and to much of a handful but the 4.5 would be the biggest laugh ever to have as a weekend 'smile-creator'.
Throw some off-road tyres on it and it becomes a serious enduro machine as well - although I wouldn't want to crash it since it looks so pretty.

Ultimate bike in my price range:

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Naughty - that first chopper will also be very uncomfortable to ride by the looks of it. Looks like almost no suspension on the rear end at all, but i may be mistaken
yep - you are mistaken - i watched the guys build it and its got a lot of technology that you wouldnt believe - just for the look of it - but the suspension is there - and it was built perfect for a person of the height of the builder - he looks so comfortable sitting on that thing and he had to ride it around 800 miles before the judging in one trip to prove that it works - so im sure he wouldnt have wanted something without a suspension - i cant explain how it works - but if you watch a rerun of that program then im sure you may understand better than me how the suspension and drivetrain of that bike works

about the trike - i only like it cos im a n00b at riding bikes - at R390000 it is definitely not on my agenda to buy one - the guy builds two wheelers too - this particular bike was for the "biker build off" against the detroit bros
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Saw this bike when I was in Vegas in Dec..

Last edited by Acidkidsa on 12 May 2008, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

and from the front...

naughty

Post by naughty »

wow - that looks amazing - i dont care how fast that would be - but if i buy something like that id be scared to ride it just cos i wouldnt want to damage it :lol:
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

naughty wrote:but if you watch a rerun of that program then im sure you may understand better than me how the suspension and drivetrain of that bike works
Nice bike, the drivetrain could be shaft-driven. It's used on some big cruising bikes (eg Honda Goldwing) to make the power delivery more smooth.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Screeper wrote:The Aprilia SXV4.5 - personally i think the 5.5 would be just to powerful and to much of a handful but the 4.5 would be the biggest laugh ever to have as a weekend 'smile-creator'.
Throw some off-road tyres on it and it becomes a serious enduro machine as well - although I wouldn't want to crash it since it looks so pretty.
+ 1 to that!
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

WiK1d wrote:
Screeper wrote:The Aprilia SXV4.5 - personally i think the 5.5 would be just to powerful and to much of a handful but the 4.5 would be the biggest laugh ever to have as a weekend 'smile-creator'.
+ 1 to that!
+1 and +1 for the GS800, perfect size IMHO, I have always thought the GS1200 would be an awesome bike to ride on the road with, esp touring but would never want to do anything trickier than a flat dirt road on it. The 800 however would be perfect for road and some trickier dirt bits I reckon, if they weren't so pricey it would definitely be my next bike!

@naughty, I generally dislike trikes quite a bit but that one is really nicely built, the whole sort of clean and clinical look really appeals to me, no wires or load graphics. Very nice. I have seen that guy on one of the biker build offs, he's a brit living in LA if memory serves, prefer his style to the rest of the chrome gang they normally have :)
Thanks for the pics
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

BMW's HP2 Sport. (Sorry about the large pic size)

ASUS P5K Delux Wifi || Intel Core 2 Duo 3ghz e6850 || 4gb Mushkin XP 1066mhz DDR2 CL4 || 2x Sapphire ATI HD3870 512mb Crossfire || OCZ StealthXstream 600w || 500gb WD || 2x120gb WD Raid 0 || Thermaltake Xaser III Lanfire || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers || Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22" LCD "S" Panel ||
naughty

Post by naughty »

BMW's HP2 Sport. (Sorry about the large pic size)
no problem on that - bike looks great - keep those pictures coming

heres one for the overclockers - this is a bike built by OCC for Intel and features a quadcore chip for starting and security and a few other functions - complete with a LCD screen at the top of the handlebars :lol: :lol: :lol: - truly a geekbike - forget superbikes - heres a "superPI bike" LOL - futuremark needs a new benchie for this one maybe they can call it bikemark 08 or something like that LOL

and here is one built for Hewlett Packard by the teutels - this one is known as the "workstation" bike :P

WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I've gotta add the Ducati 848 to my list. This bike is so sexy, it's not the 1098 yes, but it's cheaper, and not that brutal. Stunning piece of machinery!

Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Naughty - those two bikes are incredible! The rear wheel on the Intel bike is just insane - interesting that they've used a chain for final drive.
Not sure i'm a fan of a big fat front wheel though, i think i prefer the HP bike's front end.

Wik1d - hadn't seen a pic of the 848 - thanks! Looks like a Ducati should - beautiful.

Scavenger - lovely bike, just don't crash it, the cylinder heads are the first things to hit the tarmac. Still a great looking bike though. Interestingly, BMW are entering the World Superbike championship next year - i wonder if it will be based on this HP2?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Screeper wrote:Wik1d - hadn't seen a pic of the 848 - thanks! Looks like a Ducati should - beautiful.

Scavenger - lovely bike, just don't crash it, the cylinder heads are the first things to hit the tarmac. Still a great looking bike though. Interestingly, BMW are entering the World Superbike championship next year - i wonder if it will be based on this HP2?
That Duke is damn pretty!

And regarding BWM's SBK, it's the S1000RR

They decided to do away with the weird side mounted cylinders, and went with a inline four.
Intriguingly, BMW notes that the “S” in S1000RR stands for Supersports, what it describes as “a new class of motorcycles from BMW.” Note the plural. Rumors of a 675cc Triple might make that a reality.
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

another cool thing about that intel bike is that it has a v4 or "quad" motor to go with the quad core chip... oh, and I love the 848, its just stunning!
Screeper have you watched any of the R1200S bmws racing? They get the cylinder heads down all the time!

That S1000RR is pretty sick.. bmw have had inline fours for a while with their K series though.
ASUS P5K Delux Wifi || Intel Core 2 Duo 3ghz e6850 || 4gb Mushkin XP 1066mhz DDR2 CL4 || 2x Sapphire ATI HD3870 512mb Crossfire || OCZ StealthXstream 600w || 500gb WD || 2x120gb WD Raid 0 || Thermaltake Xaser III Lanfire || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers || Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22" LCD "S" Panel ||
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Screeper wrote:Naughty - those two bikes are incredible! The rear wheel on the Intel bike is just insane - interesting that they've used a chain for final drive.
Nicely spotted, very interesting. A first for any OCC bike I have ever seen, they always do belt drive.

@Scavenger, you beat me to it! The HP2 sport is awesome! Would love to take it for a ride... mucho dollero!

@WiK1d, the weird side mounted cylinders are due to the boxer motor, BMW trademark for most bikes and is a very good motor but yea, no chance it could keep up with the inline fours competitively, glad they realised it... even ducati had to change from their trademark V-twins for their motoGP bike, obviously. Nice picture, hadn't seen it yet, looks awesome!! Shot!
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

Friggs wrote:Nicely spotted, very interesting. A first for any OCC bike I have ever seen, they always do belt drive.
Ja they had to go with the chain drive because of the width of the quad motor. Some of their old school choppers were chain drive too.
naughty

Post by naughty »

that ducatti 848 looks helluva nice - very clean lines - and very sporty - wonder what one of those would cost though - prolly very expensive - but if i was in the market for a sport bike id surely look at that - nice bike there wik :wink:
senile

Post by senile »

senile

Re: ultimate motorbikes

Post by senile »

Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Oh my goodness! A road going 500cc two-stroke! Why was I not informed of this! :wink:
Do you have any specs on it senile?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Why does that look like a Stroker? Is it a new RD?

Edit: I did some googling, apparently it's not legit and is only a photoshop/concept.

Edit again: If that was/is real I'd wet myself. And then start saving.
Last edited by WiK1d on 18 Jan 2009, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

all these new superbikes look like they would feel at home in a manga/anime.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken