HALF LIFE 2 by MRG

Any reviews that the G3AR team publishes will go in here.
MrG

HALF LIFE 2 by MRG

Post by MrG »

http://www.mrg.za.net/hl2review.html

Half Life 2 Review at Link Above with screen shots etc

Good morning and welcome to the black mesa research facility. This train is… We have all been in that train once in our lifetime, if you have not, well I can’t say much for you.

Half Life 2 takes you further in the steps of scientist Gordon Freeman. After the events of Half Life, the world has been on the verge of collapse. The combine a force that you originally stopped from taking control of Xen (which you actually never see in the original title) has returned, but this time focused on Earth as their primary target. Half Life 2 takes place in City 17, one of the only remaining urban centers where humans can survive. This city 17 is however under combine control.

Gordon Freeman quickly realizes that there is something that is no right with this place and begins to try and escape. His adventure starts again. He meets with some old friends from Black Mesa, and some new faces also come to greet the one free man.

Graphically is it beautiful. AI works really well and physics are not of this century. Everything reacts the way it should. Level design is flawless. Halo’s cut and past design is not present in Half Life 2. This game uses the Direct X 9.0 effects to the full. The water shines and shimmers it is a masterpiece. Older hardware can also play this game, but you will lose all the wonderful effects the Source engine delivers.

There is enough of everything in this game. Story takes you deep into the game, while sometime there is no story and all and just plain fighting which is a great mix. The guns handle very well, and are extremely entertaining. I run a Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz and GeForce FX 5900, which handled it perfectly. I would recommend having 1GB ram as the game is really heavy on the ram at the higher settings. The gravity gun is one of the best guns in the game. You can have a lot of fun with this gun. At the end, well let me just say its just evil!!! Half Life 2 does not even need to be reviewed; the consumer should know that Half Life 2 is always going to be a leading brand. Get out there and buy it!

94%
HTTP://WWW.MRG.ZA.NET
YOUR PC NEEDS MET
jee

Post by jee »

There is a perfectly good thread on half-life on the forum... please use that .
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.