Welcome to all the visitors

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.

Why do you not log in to the site?

Poll ended at 18 Feb 2005, 16:45

Embarrased
7%
Not registered
14%
Hate the site
No votes
Hate the mods with a passion
50%
Only want to browse
21%
Banned
7%

Total votes: 14

Dakes

Post by Dakes »

Most of the time I just visit to check out what's going on in the forum and then leave. I find I'm able to be much more productive when I don't log on. Besides, guys like Supertwit and Dr Jung are far too witty to converse with :!:
Brother Hiram, wish you were here!
Thanks Disruptor!
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

I am pleased to see that you have been around lately, it is good to have you here! :lol:

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Dakes

Post by Dakes »

Nice to have you back too Dr Jung!
Thanks Disruptor!
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Eish... seven people hate the mods with a passion 8O... perhaps we can sort something out?
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I wonder if they realise that we can actually see what vote each individual casted? :twisted:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
simmy

Post by simmy »

erm... Can only visitors vote? ... if I did vote already could someone check? :sly:
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

I am busy tracking IP addresses as we post! I think that most of the 'I Hate' posts were tongue in cheek. I think, that knowing the calibre of the posters on this site, none of them would be so cowardly, faint-hearted, pusillaminous, yellow bellied or spineles not to have approached a moderator directly if they had a gripe?
I am not wrong am I? :?

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

Simmy, everyone can vote, if you have already voted the voting block will appear to you as filled in! If not, then you have not voted.

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

Well, sometimes it just feels like the the forums has become some place for people to chat, I don't have any problem with that, sometimes you can get some very funny remarks.

A year ago the forums was much more technical orientated, with some interesting discussions about hardware or anything PC related. Nowadays, it all this, my not speak, bandgame name, o and answer a question with a question GAME.

COMMON, I know some of you guys didn't get enough time playing drinking games when you where in young, but ..... cr@p forgot what I wanted to write. Lets just leave it there, some things a better left unsaid than said at all.

TO BE REAL, IT FEELS LIKE THE FORUMS HAS LOST THERE MEANING, WELL FOR ME ANYWAY. THE MOST EXCITING THING FOR ME AT THE MOMENT IS WHEN SOMEBODY STARTS A FLAME WAR AND YOU CAN SEE SOME SERIOUS INTELLIGENT PEOPLE GETTING PIS*ED ON, SO FUNNY, AND DR.JUNG...AAAAAA WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT YOU.

Damnit, why am I so full of horse cr@p 2day. Where is Saturn today, is it aligned with Pluto? Damn cosmic planets are screwing me aroung 2day. :cry: :wink:
simmy

Post by simmy »

Today is the first time I see this thread, and the voting block appears :(

edit:: I see its for visitors, so... :oops:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

SquattingDog wrote:Well, sometimes it just feels like the the forums has become some place for people to chat, I don't have any problem with that, sometimes you can get some very funny remarks.

A year ago the forums was much more technical orientated, with some interesting discussions about hardware or anything PC related. Nowadays, it all this, my not speak, bandgame name, o and answer a question with a question GAME.

COMMON, I know some of you guys didn't get enough time playing drinking games when you where in young, but ..... cr@p forgot what I wanted to write. Lets just leave it there, some things a better left unsaid than said at all.

TO BE REAL, IT FEELS LIKE THE FORUMS HAS LOST THERE MEANING, WELL FOR ME ANYWAY. THE MOST EXCITING THING FOR ME AT THE MOMENT IS WHEN SOMEBODY STARTS A FLAME WAR AND YOU CAN SEE SOME SERIOUS INTELLIGENT PEOPLE GETTING PIS*ED ON, SO FUNNY, AND DR.JUNG...AAAAAA WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT YOU.

Damnit, why am I so full of horse cr@p 2day. Where is Saturn today, is it aligned with Pluto? Damn cosmic planets are screwing me aroung 2day. :cry: :wink:
Dont beat yourself up, man.
You raised some valid points there.
I dont often participate in the game threads like 'you may not speak', but I do enjoy the general discussions (not the religeous/political ones).
I only contibute to a technical discussion if I have a question, or think I know the answer to one. As the guys at my work love nothing more than talking shop, and I dont need to come online to get into an Geforce vs Radeon argument, although I do learn quite a bit reading them.
I lurked in these forums about a week before joining myself. It's one of the few forums I frequest regularly, although I am a member of quite a few forums.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Sojourn wrote:before I actually joined in all glory, I "floated" about the site skimming over teck issues and problems... sorta like tecknet. Mayhaps these "visitors" are just doing the same... They are exempt from YOda's pundits and can still find info relevant to them !... I think...
Hey! I take offense to that. You know damn well I don't know what pundit means. :evil: :lol:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

SquattingDog, that was excellent input, I wish we could have more of the same. I will carry this forward in the mod lounge! Thank you! 8)
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

DR.JUNG...AAAAAA WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT YOU.
Ah Squattie, what a wonderful person are you! I am sending you a free voucher for a full body massage by my dextrous assistant Jee! See you soon! 8O :P :D

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

Dr_Jung wrote:
DR.JUNG...AAAAAA WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT YOU.
Ah Squattie, what a wonderful person are you! I am sending you a free voucher for a full body massage by my dextrous assistant Jee! See you soon! 8O :P :D
Hey hey hey, maybe I should right here more than I useally do. Free massages, The King speaking to the round table...feels like Medi-Evil ages.

O, I have to share this with you, probably not the best place to do so but still..

Do any off you know where the F-word comes from. In the 14-15 century or somewhere arounf there Europe was under the cloud of the Black Death (Snot Sickness aka Flue). As a result something like 100s of thousands of people died.

Because of this sudden decrease in population the Kings became very uneasy about their tax returns (less people = less taxes to collect). The Kings then ordered the people the do the act to increase the population numbers and to stimulate crowth.

Believe or not is was called

Furtility
Under the
Command of the
King

Weather this is true or not I don't know, but is sure makes for a interesting read. Don't ya think

Standing in the corner of the room being called Donkey and mouth being washed with BLOU SEEP isn't funny @all

[/b]
Last edited by SquattingDog on 23 Feb 2005, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

No, it was Fornication Under Consent of the King

Oh and Squatty, don't try to bypass the forum's swearing filters by using spaces and special characters - that's also against the rules.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Belix

Post by Belix »

I thought it was "fornicate under consensus of the king"
Silly me, that would make it fucotk...
oh fucotk... :wink:

[edit]doh, pipped to the post by OnlyOne

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
Dakes

Post by Dakes »

SquattingDog wrote:Well, sometimes it just feels like the the forums has become some place for people to chat, I don't have any problem with that, sometimes you can get some very funny remarks.

I agree. But there are many out there who claim that the threads are too boring cause of the low post rate. Unfortunately hardware isn't discussed in depth as it used to be so there's not much to talk about. Some guys sit in front of the pc just waiting for replies instead of doing something constructive, and this can become VERY frustrating. I know this cause I was guilty of it for some time. So "nothing" threads are created to pass the time. And the guys who are really technically inclined usually hang out at international sites and when users come here for advice they are often just provided with a link to some other site. This isn't wrong, but in the end that person will leave the site to find the solution somewhere else.

I stand to be corrected on all of this though.
Thanks Disruptor!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

lancelot wrote:To all who 'hate the mods' I will track you down
Dr_Jung wrote:I am busy tracking IP addresses as we post! I think that most of the 'I Hate' posts were tongue in cheek. I think, that knowing the calibre of the posters on this site, none of them would be so cowardly, faint-hearted, pusillaminous, yellow bellied or spineles not to have approached a moderator directly if they had a gripe?
I am not wrong am I? :?
ok ok ok.....

This was me, ALL 7 of them, I was in one of those moods and i was busy entertaining myself...
It was too easy though.. I mean there was the button and i clicked it .....
7 times

No offence, just wanted to see the reaction :)
Y0da wrote:I wonder if they realise that we can actually see what vote each individual casted? :twisted:
LIES LIES LIES :)
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

DEeRaY wrote:...
This was me, ALL 7 of them, I was in one of those moods and i was busy entertaining myself...
It was too easy though.. I mean there was the button and i clicked it .....
7 times

No offence, just wanted to see the reaction :)
Y0da wrote:I wonder if they realise that we can actually see what vote each individual casted? :twisted:
LIES LIES LIES :)
You can only vote once - how did you manage to vote seven times? As soon as you vote the first time, the voting option goes away and you see the poll results... :D

Regarding what Y0da said, we can see all your details.... :twisted:
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

hehe, MAGIC!!! :)
I also thought it worked like that but apparently not
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

o.k. then vote again... so i can believe you... vote for "banned" :twisted:
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

no the option is gone now, all i did was vote, Then let the page load, Then push back on the browser until i got to the vote screen again(it was cached, It wont work again)

Anyway i owned up and now you dont believe me??
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

No, i believed you - just curious to see if there was a loophole :D
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Oh DEeRaY, you naughty boy, of course I know!

rndf-146-16-127.telkomadsl.co.za belongs to DEeRay