Tribble's Scribbles

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ghett0_ghuru
Processor: Intel Core2 duo E6320
Motherboard: Nvidia MCP73
Graphics card: ancient
Memory: not enough

Re: Tribble's Scribbles

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

exactly
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

:D I will try and type this weekend
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

good on you ... may the "ink" be with you!
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Let us hope
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

"I do not believe it to be a matter of hope.............
it is simply a matter of time"
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I hope you are correct
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Stop spamming this thread please! ;)
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

D3PART3D wrote:Stop spamming this thread please! ;)
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

You spamming here is fine. Every time Tribble posts here I get my hopes up. It's Chinese torture !
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

lol - well my typing is going really slowly - but here are a few paragraphs....
***************************************************************************************************************************
He felt the ground moving and he opened one eye. It was dark. Actually, no, it should be dark but it wasn’t. A full moon bathed everything in an eerie glow. Cara had placed him on the ground and seemed to be busy setting up camp. Come to think of it, his stomach was eating him from the inside. He sniffed and a delicious aroma filled his sensitive nose. He shook the sand from his fur and trotted towards the source of the smell.

Cara smiled at him. She knew it wouldn’t be long before hunger would get the better of him. She held the bowl of steaming stew out to him and Yukshi licked his lips in anticipation. Cara was a very good cook. She always made food he loved. It was a bit warm so he picked up the first piece of meat in his teeth. He looked silly. Yukshi sat there with the piece of meat dangling below his nose. He sniffed – it felt cooler already. He waited for three more seconds and then gobbled it. He grabbed the next piece but didn’t bother waiting this time. It was exquisite. In no time at all, he had finished it, one piece at a time.

Cara looked at her food, so did Yukshi. She gave him half, one piece at a time.

With their bellies full, they lay down on the ground and stretched their aching muscles. The sand moved to accommodate their bodies. It was very comfortable. Within minutes they were both snoring quietly.

The night passed very quickly, but uneventfully. The warm sun was already shining when Yukshi opened his eyes. “That’s strange” he said to himself. “I thought the sun was yellow.” He blinked his eyes and the sun blinked too. It felt rather surreal. He closed his eyes and opened them and the sun had disappeared.

“What?” This was the strangest thing. He sat up and looked around. Except for little marks in the sand, there was nothing unusual. Something was off, something smelled fishy. He sniffed. There was something in the air. He remembered the sand incident and decided not to put his nose too close to the ground again.

Cara was beginning to move. She yawned and stretched. “Good morning Yukshi” she sang. “What lovely dreams I had.” He ran to her and they cuddled. This was by far the best part of his day. He loved her warmth and how safe and loved she made him feel. Cara loved this time too. He was so warm and cuddly and didn’t squirm as much as he usually did.

It was in the middle of this tender moment that they heard it. A strange sound, much like the clearing of a throat.

Both Cara and Yukshi spun around to face the source of the noise. They both froze. There it was – the throat clearer. “What is that?” Yukshi mused. Cara’s thoughts were more in the line of “Eek!” She looked away quickly, dropping Yukshi in the process. She had just been eye to eye – quite literally – with the Throat Clearer. The eyes hovered above the sand on stalks. And the stalks seemed to be quite firmly attached to a giant crab. “Crab!” The words escaped Cara’s lips and seemed to hang in the air – much like the eyes. “Crab?” thought Yukshi. “So that is what they look like with their shells on.” He had always wondered about the appearance of his favourite food. Though he was sure he had never consumed one this large before. He thought it was prudent to back away too. He slowly reversed, his eyes dropping to the huge pincers. His speed increased immediately. He collided with Cara and yelped.
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

thou shalt pour out more of this story :)
... and in a more timely fashion please :mrgreen:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Well? What did you think?
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

ghett0_ghuru wrote:thou shalt pour out more of this story :)
... and in a more timely fashion please :mrgreen:
is my glee not evident enough? :twisted:

did not see the crab coming .... keep it coming
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

You make me so happy. There will be more tomorrow.
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

looking forward to it
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

?????
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am a slow typist. Will work on it this week
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

:)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Actually finished writing the first chapter. It took a long time because I got distracted a lot. Now I have no idea what is going to happen =- just a basic story line and remembered dream fragments.
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

you post, I'll read and we'll see if I can throw some insanity at you if you get stuck :)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Good idea :D
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Just a little bit - typing is slow.

This sudden high pitched yelp startled the crab. Its eyes spun wildly in the air and it grasped at an imaginary foe. Cara, hearing the clacking of the claws, jumped up. She scooped Yukshi up, turned and ran. She had no idea in which direction she was headed – nor did she care. All that mattered was that it was away from the clacking claws and swirling eyes.

She really should have taken stock of the direction in which she headed. Within minutes she was confronted by another pair of elevated eyes. She turned and a commanding voice shouted “Stop!” She did. She was unable to resist the authority that the voice carried. A fraction of a second passed. It was just enough time to make her really grateful that she had listened to the voice. Another fraction and she was contemplating thanking the voice for coming when it did. She stood on the edge of a huge chasm.
She peered down into the depths and was sure she saw herself reflected back. Strange… it should be much too dark in there to be able to see anything at all, let alone her reflection. She could not proceed forward, of this she was convinced. But neither could she retreat for she was almost certain that the commanding voice belonged to a huge, scary crab, though that seemed rather unlikely. But then, she would have considered a crab of such gargantuan size very unlikely. Unlikely that was, until she had turned around and been eyeball to eyeball with it.

Making sure to keep her balance, she looked over her shoulder. She was unsure as to whether she should be grateful that the voice had not come from the crab she had espied earlier, but rather from a considerably larger crab. The urge to jump into the abyss - with the pleasing reflection - grew with each breath. The silence was deafening.

The throat-clearer stepped sideways and implored “Please don’t jump into that abyss – with the pleasing reflection. We do not intend you any harm.”

Cara half expected those words to fill her relief and calm her panicked heart. But the sight behind her did not fill her with peace. The huge claws glinted in the sunlight. Their warm colours froze her to the spot.
He spoke again. “Please step away from the edge; you are making me very nervous.” His voice was much higher pitched than she would have imagined, given his size - and he had no accent what-so-ever. She had always imagined that creatures linked to the sea would speak in gruff voices, with a pirate twang. This crab sounded more like a diplomat than a seafaring scourge.

“Madam! I would not be caught dead on that there ocean” he remarked rather indignantly. “I am horribly motion sensitive.” Cara was stunned, and not for the first time today either. How did he know what she had been thinking? “Yes, I can read minds but it would really save time if you just spoke your thoughts rather than thought them. Not all of us are psychic you know. And you have yet to step away from that perilous chasm.”

Cara turned around fully and obeyed the crab. He may not have the authority of the one with the voice, but she had to admit that he made a lot of sense. That chasm was very deep and she was out of practice when it came to falling.

“You are still not vocalizing” sighed the crab. “Two more steps and you should be out of danger." Cara did not feel that she was out of danger, even after she had taken those two additional steps. She was moving away from the abyss but closer to those claws. Something about fat and fire came to mind.
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

slow indeed ... keep going at whatever pace makes the reading this good.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Does that mean you actually like it? Reason I ask is at least 11 other people read it and no comments - so I concluded that it is rubbish and won't be posting it here any more. I can always link you to my blog where I will be posting still :D
ghett0_ghuru

Post by ghett0_ghuru »

I liked it yes.... it's different. Whatever your end goal is i.t.o. storytelling, what I pick up is a story that sounds like it comes from you.... that's part of how I pick and stay with certain writers' stories.... it doesn't feel fake and I honestly like the story in itself.... so link me