Bieber fever coming to SA...

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Bieber fever coming to SA...

Post by Anakha56 »

/where's my sniper rifle...

http://www.channel24.co.za/Music/News/J ... d-20121204
Justin Bieber SA tour confirmed
2012-12-04 07:44
Cape Town - Big Concerts have announced that Canadian pop star Justin Bieber will be coming to South Africa for two stadium shows in May 2013.

Gareth Cliff finally put the rumours to rest on his 5FM Breakfast show on Tuesday morning.

Justin Bieber, who at just 18 years of age is the biggest name in pop, is set to perform at Cape Town Stadium on Wednesday 8 May before moving on to for a show at FNB Stadium in Johannesburg on Sunday 12 May 2013.

Tickets sales will again be split for the two cities over two days to avoid high traffic congestion on Computicket.

Tickets for the Joburg show will go on sale at 09:00 on Monday 10 December via Big Concerts and Computicket (web, outlets and call centres) and on Tuesday the 11th for Cape Town fans.

Prices range from R315 – R750 for the Joburg show and from R315 – R700 for Cape Town.

While this will be Justin's first live performances in SA, he was on holiday here in October 2010 and went on safari at Idube Game Reserve.

With over 15 million album unit sales, 48 million Facebook fans, 3 billion Youtube hits and 30 million Twitter followers, Justin is a social media phenomenon.

In June 2012 he released his third studio album Believe, which spawned hit songs such as As Long as You Love Me, Boyfriend and Beauty and a Beat featuring Nicki Minaj.

- Channel24
So shall we all chip in and send rusty golden circle tickets to be sprayed by Bieber juice? :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Bieber fever coming to SA...

Post by hamin_aus »

Looks like I left SA just in time!
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

if memory serves, you not only completely failed to save humanity when he visited your adopted shores, you actually attended a concert and came away with a t-shirt....

or was that in my head?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

When he was here someone climbed up the scaffolding on his stage and poured water on him at his concert.

Your move SA...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I still don't get the Bieber hate. He's a young kid making music. He's a great dancer, a great singer, a great performer, and he's not singing about drugs, "bit*%es", "ho's", etc. I personally don't love his music, but I'm having a tough time understanding how people hate this kid so much.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:He's a great dancer, a great singer, a great performe

Personally, I don't think he is any of those things.

I don't like his music and I don't like it when things I don't like are still popular.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Jealous much :whistling:

I on the other hand can't wait. I'm all like "OMG, I'm so going to teen-girl the hell out of that concert from the front row throwing baby-blue undies at him and holding up a will you marry me sign" Going to be amazing. Who's with me?
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

not forgetting he's the snowiest-white white kid this side of switzerland who dresses like this..

just because his particular brand of tripe sells so well to tween hormone victims doesn't mean it isn't worthy of derision...

if it weren't for the fact that everyone took it so seriously you'd be convinced it was all a parody of bad taste...
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:I still don't get the Bieber hate. He's a young kid making music. He's a great dancer, a great singer, a great performer, and he's not singing about drugs, "bit*%es", "ho's", etc. I personally don't love his music, but I'm having a tough time understanding how people hate this kid so much.
I am with you on that. Not a fan but I really don't hate his music. And he has performed with some of the biggest stars.
rustypup wrote:not forgetting he's the snowiest-white white kid this side of switzerland who dresses like this..

just because his particular brand of tripe sells so well to tween hormone victims doesn't mean it isn't worthy of derision...

if it weren't for the fact that everyone took it so seriously you'd be convinced it was all a parody of bad taste...
Ever thought it is people like you that make him dress that way? He got slammed for being himself - so now he is trying to be what others want him to be. Just watch - he will do the rock thing next.
Synthesis wrote:Jealous much :whistling:

I on the other hand can't wait. I'm all like "OMG, I'm so going to teen-girl the hell out of that concert from the front row throwing baby-blue undies at him and holding up a will you marry me sign" Going to be amazing. Who's with me?
You are just going there to perve the young girls - be honest ;-) Surprised Jammy isn't offering to be at your side :lol:
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

rustypup wrote:not forgetting he's the snowiest-white white kid this side of switzerland who dresses like this..
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

GreyWolf wrote:
*me thinks*
Justin Bieber, Brian Adams, Celine Dione, Nickleback... WHY HAS CANADA NOT BEEN HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THESE CRIMES?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Tribble wrote:
You are just going there to perve the young girls - be honest ;-) Surprised Jammy isn't offering to be at your side :lol:
He's too old for Jamin. He's already legal... Oh, sorry, you were talking about the crowd. :oops:

And just a fact. The worst place to pick up pretty young girls are at boy band concerts and such because they are so fixated on their "idol" you got no chance of even being noticed.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Erm rusty he is Canadian they are all lilly white ;).

I just jumped on the bandwagon is my excuse :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Now you are poking fun at Nickleback? :shock: Which side of the bed did you get out of?

CANADA FTW!!!!!!! (except for the bugs - they need to do something about those)
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Anakha56 wrote:I just jumped on the bandwagon is my excuse :P.
Almost everybody else's excuse too.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Tribble wrote:Now you are poking fun at Nickleback?
Why not?

Biggest hacks of the century!
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Tribble wrote:Now you are poking fun at Nickleback? :shock: Which side of the bed did you get out of?
The correct side! At least JB has a voice, Nickleback is truly mediocre. :twisted:
- H. L. Mancken
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

@GW You left out Avril Lavigne who is now married(marrying) Chad Kroger ;). Wife is Canadian and is a huge fan of both...

Look the guy is ... okay. His music does nothing for me and in some cases it is repetitive but then most music is. My biggest gripe is the voice it just grates me... :/
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

ladies... clearly i'm quite knowledgeable about his, (it's a he, right?), roots because i care so deeply...

or i was picking on one of the countries known to produce some of the palest skins known to man?

there has never been anything remotely resembling a justification for listening to this brand of "music". be it bieber, spears or perry it's all so much generic offal...

scratch that... offal has taste...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:I still don't get the Bieber hate. He's a young kid making music. He's a great dancer, a great singer, a great performer, and he's not singing about drugs, "bit*%es", "ho's", etc. I personally don't love his music, but I'm having a tough time understanding how people hate this kid so much.
If he can sing, why doesn't he do it? I never saw that Youtube video where he was discovered, but his style of music--at least the three songs of his I have heard--doesn't really lend itself to showing off a good voice.

I will give that he is a good performer. He knows how to put on a show. And he does seem to be one of the nicest big names out there, always willing to meet fans and stuff.

For me, it's just his style of music that's grating. And that's quite something coming from me, because, short of rap and hip-hop, I will listen to just about anything.

Unfortunately, there's a little redhead in our family who loves anything with a remotely dancey beat, which means that Jennifer Lopez's "On the Floor," "Gangnam Style" and Bieber's "Beauty and the Beat" get a decent volume treatment when she hears them on the radio.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

There is something worse than Bieber's music - Country.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

GreyWolf wrote:
GreyWolf wrote:
*me thinks*
Justin Bieber, Brian Adams, Celine Dione, Nickleback... WHY HAS CANADA NOT BEEN HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THESE CRIMES?
Hey wena, don't be hatin' on Brian Adams. :x
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Stuart wrote:And he does seem to be one of the nicest big names out there, always willing to meet fans and stuff.
Being nice is a genetic trait of all Canadians, not like he can do anything aboot it.
- H. L. Mancken
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Nooooooooo. Take it away, just him being in the same province will make my ears bleed
Tribble wrote:There is something worse than Bieber's music - Country.
Nope, even that is less annoying :P
hamin_aus wrote:
Tribble wrote:Now you are poking fun at Nickleback?
Why not?

Biggest hacks of the century!
Amen to that
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Tribble wrote:There is something worse than Bieber's music - Country.
I have to disagree there.

And the bonus is that the style of country music does lend itself to good voices. Scotty McCreery (American Idol winner Season 10) and Tate Stevens (current contestant on American X Factor) are two guys who have genuinely good singing voices, and the country style gives them opportunity to show that off.