Bieber fever coming to SA...

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Bieber fever coming to SA...

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:
Stuart wrote:And he does seem to be one of the nicest big names out there, always willing to meet fans and stuff.
Being nice is a genetic trait of all Canadians, not like he can do anything aboot it.
That may be the case, but Bieber is still willing more than any other big name in the industry to reach out to his fans. And often without TV cameras to take credit for it.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Stuart wrote:
Tribble wrote:There is something worse than Bieber's music - Country.
I have to disagree there.

And the bonus is that the style of country music does lend itself to good voices. Scotty McCreery (American Idol winner Season 10) and Tate Stevens (current contestant on American X Factor) are two guys who have genuinely good singing voices, and the country style gives them opportunity to show that off.
Yep. Although country and western is utterly awful, the singers do have at least some talent unlike biber who I am pretty sure is just moving his lips whilst a pc does the rest of the work :P
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Oooh b**tchy! That time of the month Stiggy? ;-)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

THE_STIG wrote:Yep. Although country and western is utterly awful, the singers do have at least some talent unlike biber who I am pretty sure is just moving his lips whilst a pc does the rest of the work :P
I would actually be interested to see his "discovery" video on YouTube. I wonder if it's still there somewhere.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Tribble wrote:Oooh b**tchy! That time of the month Stiggy? ;-)
:lol: I just really really dont like biber, and others like him
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

THE_STIG wrote:
Tribble wrote:Oooh b**tchy! That time of the month Stiggy? ;-)
:lol: I just really really dont like biber, and others like him
I'll sponsor you One Direction tickets.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

The only thing worse than biber is a bunch of bibers - aka one direction
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

My wife's uncle was super excited the other day. He's a driver for some limo company, and he's set to drive Lady Gaga at some point during her stay here. I think I might take Bieber over Gaga.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Stuart wrote:My wife's uncle was super excited the other day. He's a driver for some limo company, and he's set to drive Lady Gaga at some point during her stay here. I think I might take Bieber over Gaga.
No offence, but did you take part in the anti-Gaga protests that were/are going on by people from the counsel of churches?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Name a recent upcoming performer / artist that has excelled and is liked by everyone ?
Doesn't matter who starts out, the world today will ridicule them and put them down for who knows what reason. What should Bieber have done? Given up, not become a celebrity and carried on his life like all of us? Put in his situation, you all would have become what he did. Don't argue this point with me, because there's nothing you can say to make me believe otherwise. You would've become a Justin Bieber!!!

I'll tell you another thing, he's happier than anyone here, with his awesome cars, countless chicks and endless cash. At his age who wouldn't abuse and use what he has for his own pleasure! Apart from that, I hate his music and won't support him but I do give credit where it's due.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Now I dont like gaga much, but the whole anti-gaga stuff was unnecessary. I dont think she is going to do any harm
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

The anti-gaga stuff is unnecessary - yet the anti-bieber stuff is? A bit two faced methinks?

/OT - my dictionary accepts anti-gaga as a word :shock: but not anti-bieber.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Anti-Gaga: people picketing and running a dedicated slander campaign against her. Anti-Bieber: mostly harmless comments more to do with taste. Difference, no?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

:lol: anti biber is just us hating on him. The anti-gaga was an official thing
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Synthesis wrote:Name a recent upcoming performer / artist that has excelled and is liked by everyone ?<..>
given that this argument can be used to defend the likes of paris hilton, the bachelor, dancing with the stars and everything on the history channel, (to mention a startlingly tiny sub-sample of such cultural cankers), i'm inclined to move in the exact opposite direction and lambaste everything he represents...

his 'stardom' is tied to tween girls with all the critical faculties of a mushy tomato who are responsible for the popularisation of such horrors as twilight, hairy porter and fur boots...

this isn't a defense... this is a why humanity was euthanized before it managed to spread to other planets...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:
Stuart wrote:My wife's uncle was super excited the other day. He's a driver for some limo company, and he's set to drive Lady Gaga at some point during her stay here. I think I might take Bieber over Gaga.
No offence, but did you take part in the anti-Gaga protests that were/are going on by people from the counsel of churches?
I wasn't even aware she was coming until last Wednesday when my wife's uncle was so excited. I saw headlines here and there about anti-Gaga protests, but Gaga is not interesting enough for me to actually read anything about, so I just ignored those articles. I gather there was some form of religious protest about her appearance in SA? I had no part in it.
Synthesis wrote:Name a recent upcoming performer / artist that has excelled and is liked by everyone ?
Doesn't matter who starts out, the world today will ridicule them and put them down for who knows what reason.
Indeed. And even if everyone else in the world likes them, rustypup is sure to disagree.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

And Jamin, don't forget Jamin, he'll be the first to troll them.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

rustypup wrote:
Synthesis wrote:Name a recent upcoming performer / artist that has excelled and is liked by everyone ?<..>
given that this argument can be used to defend the likes of paris hilton, the bachelor, dancing with the stars and everything on the history channel, (to mention a startlingly tiny sub-sample of such cultural cankers), i'm inclined to move in the exact opposite direction and lambaste everything he represents...

his 'stardom' is tied to tween girls with all the critical faculties of a mushy tomato who are responsible for the popularisation of such horrors as twilight, hairy porter and fur boots...

this isn't a defense... this is a why humanity was euthanized before it managed to spread to other planets...
Agree I do
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Synthesis wrote:And Jamin, don't forget Jamin, he'll be the first to troll them.
jamin's trolling is often more selective. rusty's is compulsive.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

@ Stuart:

Cool. It was pretty bizarre. They claimed that her coming here would initiate an "exponential" growth in Satanism. Image
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

KALSTER wrote:@ Stuart:

Cool. It was pretty bizarre. They claimed that her coming here would initiate an "exponential" growth in Satanism. Image
Yep. I just had to ROFL when they said that, I mean really now how is she going to cause that?
Last edited by THE_STIG on 04 Dec 2012, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Lol, I think Satanists might be scared of Gaga.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

lolwut. I remember the good old days when Heavy metal bands "were" satanists.

I mean, she's not exactly Slayer etc.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Yeah, ACDC were like a tribute band for Satan. :lol: Brian Johnson is no more a Satanist than I am a Mongolian circus performer.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:Yeah, ACDC were like a tribute band for Satan. :lol: Brian Johnson is no more a Satanist than I am a Mongolian circus performer.
KISS?

Back in the day, our church was very much prone to accuse everything of Satanism. KISS stood for Kids In Satan's Service. The one year, there was a big bonfire thing where all He-man toys and rock albums were burned.

But that was way back when.

Don't get me wrong: I don't think that Gaga is an upstanding example of Christian virtue, but I don't think that she will automatically drive anyone to child sacrifice.