Baby RustyPup discovered - world excited

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Baby RustyPup discovered - world excited

Post by Tribble »

Newborn Loses Faith In Humanity After Record 6 Days

SCHAUMBURG, IL—In a turn of events that has stunned the worldwide medical community, local infant Nathan Jameson, born just six days ago, has become the youngest person ever to permanently and irrevocably lose all faith in humanity.

“This shatters all previous records,” University of Chicago psychologist Douglas McAllister said Monday. “In all of documented medical history, there is no case of a newborn taking less than four months to develop the mental faculties required to grasp the full extent of this existential nightmare we call life on earth.”

“Considering he already comprehends harsh realities that many people spend their entire fleeting, shallow existences attempting to deny, Baby Nathan is quite the little miracle!” he added.

Though he has not yet developed the capacity for speech, extensive cognitive testing has definitively shown that the shockingly perceptive 6-day-old fully understands and accepts that human beings cannot be trusted, that they remain far too ignorant for their opinions to be reliable, that a lack of self-awareness about their own destructive tendencies pervades the species as a whole, and that most are too ineffectual to successfully pursue even the shallow self-interested agendas that rule their lives.
Read further

Interesting that what he considers a "pseudo-science" is the one to prove his belief (or lack thereof)
rustypup

Re: Baby RustyPup discovered - world excited

Post by rustypup »

:lol:

excellent choice of surname as well...

<waits patiently for the iranians to sincerely quote this as evidence of how far the infidel nations have fallen...>
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am all for the pseudo-sciences - but this is ludicrous.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Tribble wrote:I am all for the pseudo-sciences - but this is ludicrous.
You... you do realize it's the onion right?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Many layers? ;-) OR dark, dank and very suspicious?
Sources said the early-blooming newborn was putting two and two together about the real nature of humanity even before leaving the hospital, where his first sensory experiences included the shouts of sick people arguing to get treatment they urgently needed, visitors staring vacantly at smartphones as they sat next to bedridden loved ones, televisions blaring the empty rhetoric and emotionally manipulative appeals of political advertisements, and dozens upon dozens of pained, desperate cries, including his own.
I am sorry - having had 3 babies (which are now bigger) - I strongly disagree with this. In order to know that someone is angry - one needs to have a reference point in memory for anger. Same with Pained expressions/please. You have to know pain to be able to identify it. Vacant stares need to have a comparison for them to be seen as vacant. I think the tester is reading a lot into this.
At press time, there were unconfirmed reports that Baby Nathan had used the wind-up mobile above his crib to hang himself
I think the wrong human hanged himself :P

/humour me - I want to play
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Ok Tribble... I dont know if you are being serious, but I am gonna take it that you are.

The onion is a parody site. Its all made up bull.

If you knew this, then I accept that I have just been successfully trolled, and tip my hat off to you madam. Well played.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

:mrgreen:

Did you not see my :
Tribble wrote:/humour me - I want to play
I thought I made it a little too obvious.

But thank you for playing along and answering my post
GreyWolf wrote:If you knew this, then I accept that I have just been successfully trolled, and tip my hat off to you madam. Well played.
<sheepish grin> But we all know I am just a dumb blonde female - and an incredibly gullible one at that. So I give you that my post was completely believable - well that I believed the article to be real, that is.

But had this article been real - oh wow! It would really have put psychology in a very bad light :lol: indeedy.