Annoying Colleagues

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Annoying Colleagues

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I have a colleague who has the most annoying habits, and even worse - seems to be developing NEW annoying habits on a daily basis. We sit in an open plan office environment and as if usual office noises aren't bad enough,

1. He drums on his desk incessantly. He even admits that it annoys his wife and kid when he does it at home, so he is aware that it annoys people and yet he carries on doing it.
2. He has been sniffing and snorting loudly for the past four months so it can't be a cold or the flu.
3. He hammers his mouse buttons - I almost feel sorry for the thing, and at the same time I am also impressed that it can take that much abuse and still work.
4. When he phones someone, he dials by hammering his phone's number pad, and always makes a mistake on the first attempt so then he picks up the handset and slams it down.
5. He talks to phone on the phone at 180% volume and will usually have them on speakerphone while doing so.
6. Lately he has also started clicking his tongue while drumming on his desk, I shudder to think what new horrors he will dream up to torture me with.

So... What to do?

Share your annoying colleague stories here! :twisted:

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Annoying Colleagues

Post by hamin_aus »

I have a know-it-all sarcastic colleague who always has an opinion on everything and always has a smartarse comment for every occasion.

Wait... thats not a colleague... that's me...

//off to bang on my desk
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Our receptionist annoys me terribly.

1. She's one of those "big" Christians, you know the type. If something bad happens, it's God's plan. If something good happens it's God's mercy. If someone doesn't conform to her beliefs, they are terrible sinners.
2. She's a prude, she always has something to say about anything that someone else might enjoy. For example use of alcohol, drugs, sex etc. is always met with derision.
3. She's better than anyone else because she's a "big" Christian.
4. Her pets are the cutest.
5. Her daughter is the best.
6. Her husband is the best.
7. Her son is the best.
8. Laughs at anything remotely funny.
9. Does so with a horrendous cacophony.
10. At tremendous volume.
11. As soon as the clock strikes 5:00.00 she's out the door.
12. When she's bored she bothers others actually working instead of offering help.
13. Blackberry is the bomb.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

I'll simply leave this here. Do not click the link if bad language offends you.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I work alone as the only local employee of the company I work for. My boss has, as of the 24th of this month, been busy at a job in another city and will only be coming through on weekends to see his kids, so basically I am now permanently on my own. Solitude suits me. :)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ADT

Post by ADT »

Ron2K wrote:I'll simply leave this here. Do not click the link if bad language offends you.
LOL , may you really hated IT :lol:

Well shortly we had this admin lady/debit clerk, well were to start.
This woman had ISSUES to the max and the worst thing was she had no discretion she had to share every little detail of her pathetic life with us, everyday :x , and the worst was she used to skype via her laptop her kid in cape town, and use the loudspeaker :x

thank goodness she got fired and is a thing of the past now :P
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:I have a colleague who has the most annoying habits<..>
:shock: j... jerry!?

that does it... i'm totally having garlic beans for breakfast tomorrow. you know. really give you something to moan about.. :evil:

i already explained... the tapping is cultural. and i can't help having a deviated septum... sheesh.. way to pick on the physically disabled.. :roll:

have plenty of stories but no way in hell do i publicly present them *anywhere*... because there are few things funnier than having the council for the prosecution point at them and ask in a disbelieving tone of voice... "You really didn't think this through... did you?"
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Lol @ Puppi. I had similar thoughts. Now if this was a Dragon thread - well, then I would post. You never know who is reading....
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Tribble wrote:Lol @ Puppi. I had similar thoughts. Now if this was a Dragon thread - well, then I would post. You never know who is reading....
Don't care if my colleague with the annoying habits finds this, in fact he might just change his behaviour knowing it is such a pain in the a$$.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Our secretary frequently sends me SMSes when she needs something. Her office is three steps away from mine, and we have an Intercom system to get a hold of each other.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Just yell "What?" each time she texts you 'till she stops.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I must say, any time I am busy with something at work and the phone rings or vibrates, it irritates the snot out of me. I think I could live with only using a phone outside of the office.
ACiD_Omega

Post by ACiD_Omega »

Incompetent Colleagues who go around telling everyone who will listen how hard they work, and how over-qualified they are for the job, but as soon as something heavy comes in the job gets passed on to me
Confront a child, a puppy, and a kitten with a sudden danger; the child will turn instinctively for assistance, the puppy will grovel in abject submission, the kitten will brace its tiny body for a frantic resistance.
ACiD_Omega

Post by ACiD_Omega »

Confront a child, a puppy, and a kitten with a sudden danger; the child will turn instinctively for assistance, the puppy will grovel in abject submission, the kitten will brace its tiny body for a frantic resistance.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Stuart wrote:I must say, any time I am busy with something at work and the phone rings or vibrates, it irritates the snot out of me. I think I could live with only using a phone outside of the office.
^ THIS THIS THIS ! A MILLION TIMES THIS! **** THE PHONE!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I always end up hating my ring tone soon after changing it, which is regularly.

Bad work colleague:

My nephew worked with me for a while. He has a drinking problem and some mental problems, which meant that a large portion of our conversations consisted out of me counselling him. I am glad to help, but after a while you just want to get out of there, instead of being exposed to that kind of thing all the time. He did stick to non-alcoholic beer when in my company, even got him to drink one at work, instead of a six pack Black Label. Father issues. His father is verbally very abusive and a complicit mother, but you were never allowed to say anything bad about him.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

ACiD_Omega wrote:http://9gag.com
Guys
There's this guy on this forum I frequent who posts links to 9gag which really annoys me...

What can I do :?:

;)
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Don't click on the link - just saying ;-)

I have sympathy for all your woes and annoyances. My worst is when I get a call about how to do something and the caller hasn't even thought it through. They search for the simplest solutions - things they could have solved in their sleep.

Or when they send you an email and you rely. They then call 30 mins later to find out if you have read their email :P
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Are we only supose to name one?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"