The Bird's Dipole.

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

The Bird's Dipole.

Post by StarPhoenix »

I nominate supertwit for an ULTRA EXXTREME epic fail of note, 'tard of the year, and instant promotion to the top of the list in The Black Book for disrespecting his brother and making an utter mess of some very expensive [R1000+] toiletries.

/Hangs his head in shame.

:pale: :cwm10: :withstupid: :tard: :banghead: :sad7:
:smack: >>me

I let us both down. :smack:
Last edited by StarPhoenix on 16 Aug 2014, 13:45, edited 2 times in total.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: The (Epic) Fail Thread

Post by Tribble »

What in the world did you do Birdie? Whatever it is - I am sure it is not as bad as you think. And for the record - what is your brother doing with such expensive toiletries?
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Tribble wrote:What in the world did you do Birdie? Whatever it is - I am sure it is not as bad as you think. And for the record - what is your brother doing with such expensive toiletries?

:smacl: i :smack: violated his privacy :banghead:

Maybe toiletries is the wrong word. These were two tubes/bottles of some product that one would use in a bathroom that he had imported, besides, the cost of the products is not the issue here [besides, he is a chartered accountant, and thus pretty well off, so they would not be as expensive to him as they are to you and me, especially since he takes great pride in his appreance, and is almost always impeccably dressed and groomed. This was a slap in the face. He has been so nice to me in the past, and has apparently reprimanded me about this in the past, though I cannot remember it. This doesn't excuse anything of curse. :cry:

I'm a bad person. :Smack: best we stay away from each other
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I think you are taking this waaaay to seriously. No matter how he feels now - it will blow over. Blood is thicker than stuff that is imported in tubes. I do not second this.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

StarPhoenix wrote:
Tribble wrote:What in the world did you do Birdie? Whatever it is - I am sure it is not as bad as you think. And for the record - what is your brother doing with such expensive toiletries?

:smacl: i :smack: violated his privacy :banghead:

Maybe toiletries is the wrong word. These were two tubes/bottles of some product that one would use in a bathroom that he had imported, besides, the cost of the products is not the issue here [besides, he is a chartered accountant, and thus pretty well off, so they would not be as expensive to him as they are to you and me, especially since he takes great pride in his appreance, and is almost always impeccably dressed and groomed. This was a slap in the face. He has been so nice to me in the past, and has apparently reprimanded me about this in the past, though I cannot remember it. This doesn't excuse anything of curse. :cry:

I'm a bad person. :Smack: best we stay away from each other
Dude, what did you do? You are beating yourself up about it heavily. Can it really be that bad? We all make stupid mistakes from time to time? Don't be so hard on yourself.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

StarPhoenix wrote:he is a chartered accountant, and thus pretty well off
And the award for worst brother in the world goes to yours.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Guys.....I'm not that good at explaining things, so let me try again.

This is not about the money...very little of the male grooming product was lost owing to leakage.
It was the principle of the matter: I opened the medicine cabinet in the bathroom at my mom's house to get an earbud,
saw the products there, and quite impulsively and thoughtlessly took some without asking and used it.

What I did was I violated his privacy. He, and my mother say that this is not the first time I have done this, and that they has spoken to me many times about it.

So, if anyone is going to get a "worst brother" award, it would be me. He is a great guy, but I betrayed his trust and messed things up too often....it seems that I only claim to forget being reprimanded and don't really care about, or respect him.

This has nothing to do with the money, though I did pay R1000 into his account, as I thought that he had had to throw the products out.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I didn't know lube was that expensive :shock:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

He had to throw the products out? Seriously? Because you took some?
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Bladerunner wrote:He had to throw the products out? Seriously? Because you took some?
That a bit of a waste then :scratch:

Still not quite sure why this is such a big issue SP, my brother often uses my deodorant without asking but it does not really bother me and no fuss gets made over it :?
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

If anything, RRF deserves a WIN for that comment! :lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

:lol: I would second that
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Bladerunner wrote:He had to throw the products out? Seriously? Because you took some?
:facepalm: Me and my 1337 communications skills. From his reaction, I jumped to the conclusion that it had leaked out.

This was the straw that broke the camel's back, I think...apparently I have done many things wrong that have either damaged his property/betrayed his trust/repeating something he has said to someone else when I was supposed to know that I was not supposed to mention it to anybody else. :oops: I guess he just got tired of it all.

I would probably be upset if someone from Beatty House were to enter my room while I was at work and use my computer, though I have become used to them entering to leave post or fruit on my bed while I am away. I used to get upset about that, but now I know that I was being unreasonable.

Ah, but Stig, how much does your deodorant cost? Would you feel the same if he happened to help himself to some ultra pricey cologne and then did not put the lid on properly?

I still feel bad about it, but don't understand why he was so upset about it, and why he reacted the way he did....enough to SMS me and say that I do not respect him, and for my mother to say that I "violated his privacy"
I guess that is because I am pretty self-centred, and largely oblivious to the feeling of other people and how my actions may affect them. :oops: But....ja....they say that they have spoken to me about this many times. I wish I could remember some of these, but it may be that my massive ego erased them.....[sigh]

I don't understand people.... :?

I have tried to undo some of the damage I did to myself this weekend: I contacted Web Africa to tell them that my request to cancel my Titan DSL account happened in a moment of madness [the word I used was "overwrought"]
The was to punish myself/remind myself of the consequences of certain actions by downgrading my line speed to 384k and my bandwidth to 2Gb a month.....seeing that I spend my life online, it was calculated to hurt quite a bit.

I'm irrational....insane....emotionally unstable....and this should probably move to The Ward.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Now I see what you are on about. If I had expensive toiletries and somebody else used it I would probably become angry, but I would get over it. But then I am what you would call a miser, I will buy the cheapest possible one or better yet try get it for free.....but when it comes to technology(or cars) then I am the opposite of a miser.

But dont be so hard on yourself, just give it time to blow over.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Slowing down your DSL? Blasphemy. Overreaction much from your brother.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Birdie I think he has just had a bad week/month/whatever and was taking it out on you. I am sure it will blow over - he is not unreasonable. I have had many blow ups with my brother and if left they go away. You have apologised and that is all you need to do. Give him time to cool down now and get over it. I know your condition fairly well and I am sure they do too - and just in a moment of frustration they let the situation get the better of them. They know you cannot be aware of how you affect them by what you do - it is not possible. They are human and forgetting that what you do is not vindictive or with malice - it cannot be helped. Impulse control in your condition is very rare.

So take a deep breath and relax. Things will work out and really - punishing yourself will not improve things. They will not admire you for doing that - they will think you are nuts. Blow-ups are called that because they bring all the old unwanted emotions out. But in a way that is good because then we can move past them. Your brother has a very stressful job and it is probably getting to him. Your mother probably supported him because in a way she thinks you need to know how you upset your brother. She will soon realise that you could not help it. And she will regret her words. Give them time.

And really - don't punish us by staying away. That really is not fair. Who will give me my cinnamon flavoured milk?
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Bladerunner wrote:Slowing down your DSL? Blasphemy. Overreaction much from your brother.
:oops: I was also going to sell my graphics card and consoles.....

Tribble: Um....I don't think so....see....from what I have heard, working for the Auditor General has always been a nightmare...

Didn't know that major depression was linked to impulsiveness....

:lol: I think most people already know that I am nuttier than a fruitcake.

Um.....punishing you by staying away? Where did that come from. Oh....you think it is cinnamon, do you?
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: StarPhoenix's ULTRA EXXTREME epic fail of note

Post by Ron2K »

Split discussion to its own thread in The Ward.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

StarPhoenix wrote:
Bladerunner wrote:Slowing down your DSL? Blasphemy. Overreaction much from your brother.
Which would have remedied the situation completely? I think not. :wink:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: StarPhoenix's Histrionics/Hissy Fit Thread

Post by hamin_aus »

The derp is strong in this thread
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Bladerunner wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:
Which would have remedied the situation completely? I think not. :wink:
Well, the way I see things, it would have brought home unto me the consequences of being a bad boy.
I would have used the intel GPU built into my i5 and played the old classics until such a time that I felt that I deserved something better....hey....I was close to thinking of going el-cheapo AMD...

....and came within millimetres of ditching my OKCupid account. Interacting with females is adult stuff anyway-and I don't behave like one.

See....in my LITTLE mind, naughty people get beaten with a large , pointy stick.

What were you saying about "nuts" Tribble
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Someone at work calls me Dobbie.
I had a crush on her at one stage, and wrote her an email telling her how I felt, and how I wished I could summon up the courage to ask her out for coffee. :oops:
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Leave the past in the past and don't beat yourself up, others do it well enough for you or that is my opinion on the subject implimenting it is not always sucsesfull but getting better
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

StarPhoenix's brain is too busy thinking about how unattractive women find him to notice that his fingers are typing an epically d'oh email to female co-worker professing his undying love.

StarPhoenix's brain too busy thinking up punishments and deprivations to realise brother is throwing hissy girl tantrum over spilled moisturiser.

I think I'm starting to see a pattern.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk