Red Meat makes you happy! Science says so!

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SykomantiS

Re: Red Meat makes you happy! Science says so!

Post by SykomantiS »

illuminate? :eyebrow:
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

KALSTER wrote: My diet would change dramatically if I were to illuminate it from my diet.
as Syko pointed out... "illuminate"?
would your diet light up like a 1000 MW light bulb if you "eliminated" mince beef from your diet? :D
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

KatrynKat wrote:
KALSTER wrote: My diet would change dramatically if I were to illuminate it from my diet.
as Syko pointed out... "illuminate"?
would your diet light up like a 1000 MW light bulb if you "eliminated" mince beef from your diet? :D
Damn. Fixed.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

doo_much wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:How much does Kudu and Ostrich meat cost, and how easy is it to prepare?

It is genetic, and my doctor has given me a 6x repeat script for Simvacor.

Just being on medication doesn't give me carte blanche to start eating cheese,margarine, cookies, rusks, steak, etc.-though I don't remember the last time Beatty House served the latter. :lol:
What dose are you taking and for how long have you been on it? Have you experienced any side effects?
Minimum dose [10mg]
For about a month.

Side effects such as? Feeling tired constantly? Frequent colds? I have had that a lot over the past two years, and it has got worse since January.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Afaik those aren't normally side-effects associated with Simvacor? But it has only been a month so wait and see.
Friend of mine is on a 'cocktail' of statins and other wonder drugs. Been having issues with liver function, muscle spasms and nausea.

I myself fork out in excess of R400 a month for Crestor - which isn't on my medical aids list of approved medicines.

And yet there are learned people out there saying that taking statins are a waste of time and money...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Crestor increases risk of diabetes by 27%. Source. Eish. Are there no safe drugs out there?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

^^ NO
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

KALSTER wrote:Crestor increases risk of diabetes by 27%. Source. Eish. Are there no safe drugs out there?
Who wants to be safe?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

doo_much wrote:
KALSTER wrote:Crestor increases risk of diabetes by 27%. Source. Eish. Are there no safe drugs out there?
Who wants to be safe?
Not me really. I eat everything put in front of me (except for beetroot), but diabetes sucks. I remember there was a newish drug at one point they human trialed for cholesterol that turned out to work well as a male contraceptive. Don't think it was a statin or any of the other usual drugs as I recall. Mmm, I'll have a look.
ADT

Post by ADT »

doo_much wrote:
Who wants to be safe?
:lol:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Never mind. The drug is Nifedipine, used since the 70's for hypertension, that has been found to have a contraceptive effect in males by binding cholesterol to the sperm. Forget I said anything.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

doo_much wrote:Afaik those aren't normally side-effects associated with Simvacor? But it has only been a month so wait and see.
Friend of mine is on a 'cocktail' of statins and other wonder drugs. Been having issues with liver function, muscle spasms and nausea.

I myself fork out in excess of R400 a month for Crestor - which isn't on my medical aids list of approved medicines.

And yet there are learned people out there saying that taking statins are a waste of time and money...

My brother's doctor doesn't see any value in taking statins.

Muscle spasm/weakness would be a problem, as I have CMT
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

There might be a light at the end of the tunnel though: news.yahoo.com/monthly-shots-amgen-drug ... 20476.html

Red meat ho!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

The light is a train. Sorry.

This just in people - we're all going to die. Jip, it's official. So live with it. The only reason I do my meds is to placate a loving family that are s**t scared of attending my funeral. Guess they worry that old Nick will come claim me himself on the day.

Anyway.

I'd rather live, than die for a helluva long time. So far, so good. I just hope it's painless.

And sorry Tribs, the death of countless innocent animals to aid me in my quest is a foregone conclusion.

Red meat makes me happy. So the science is right this time! ;)
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey