Do You Tip the Pizza Guy? - Part 2

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DarkStar

Do You Tip the Pizza Guy? - Part 2

Post by DarkStar »

Do You Tip the Pizza Guy? – Part 2

This is Krishanth Ramdass, and his girlfriend of 10 years, Aliesha.
He was born 12 January 1986. He passed away on Friday, 7 October 2011 from his injuries.

On Thursday, the 6th, Krish was delivering 3 Large pizzas, to the value of R130 when, while waiting at a red light, a black Mercedes slammed into him before driving away. He was transferred to Northdale Hospital due to a lack of IOD forms, where the following evening he died due to a blood clot forming.

This man was the sole supporter of his girlfriend, Aliesha and the rest of his family. He had pushed Aliesha through college with his earnings. No one knows how they’re going to survive financially or emotionally without him. Everyone, including myself, are taking his passing very hard.

I have set up an email where people can anonymously send their regards to Krish’s friends and family – because I believe they will need it in this hard time. You can send support to: ripkrishanth (at) gmail (dot) com

I am writing this up for two main reasons. The first is in memorial of a very good friend, who was loved by many and cherished by most. The second is to raise awareness of what drivers face out there.

First point of fact: He wasn’t even speeding. Krish was at a complete standstill, and this still happened. Other drivers face the exact same dangers to bring a hot meal to your doorstep – they risk life and limb for your satisfaction.

So the question still stands: Do YOU tip the Pizza Guy?

(If this isn't allowed, then please let me know and I'll take my leave. At the same time, can an Admin/Mod please let me know if I can post up the email address set up for sending support messages?

Thanks)
Last edited by DarkStar on 25 Oct 2011, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Do You Tip the Pizza Guy? - Part 2

Post by Tribble »

That is really sad. Freak accidents are a daily occurrence. And yes - we always tip. They are not the highest paid people and do need to make a living.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

No offence - but how do you get from someone's senseless death in one of our many road accidents to asking whether we tip the pizza guy?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

He is trying to find reason in his friend's death - or at least some proof that it was worth the risk for his friend. He is trying to highlight the danger they are in ever time they deliver your meal - and hoping that you will find some compassion in your hearts and give the guys decent tips.

The thing is that anyone on the road is at risk of the same fate. The job of delivery guy does put them at greater risk as they are travelling in the dark and often on motorcycles. Often late at night too. And they spend most of their shift on the roads.

(yes - the cat took the bait - hook, line and sinker)
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

doo_much wrote:No offence - but how do you get from someone's senseless death in one of our many road accidents to asking whether we tip the pizza guy?
Because not too long ago there was a thread asking if we tipped the pizza guys and as far as I can remember, we also talked about how dangerous it is for these guys on the scoots.

In our town there is a disabled man delivering pizza's. He had his car modified so that he could drive. He is married (his wife also works at the same place he does) and they support his mother. His father passed away recently as well.

I always give them much more than what is "expected" purely because I am in a position where I am better off then they are and I feel that I am therefore able to give more.

These guys also need to pay rent, food and whatnot. Most months I sit wondering how I am going to get out with my salary, but then I look at what I have. I have a house, bike, car and a bakkie. I have more than enough food for me, my wife and dogs. I can go buy groceries whenever I need and also take a road trip over a weekend on the spur of the moment.

So for me it's helping those peope that struggle everytime I can. He is trying to make a honest living by doing a job that most of us would not like to do.

So I salute the pizza road warriors. Faced with all kinds of dangers on the road to supply a luxury meal to people.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

comment
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Thank you for your comments.

If you wish to forward support to his family, you can send any emails to:

ripkrishanth (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

To the question: Do you tip the pizza guy?
The answer: Yes but either the rounding of 10% or R5 closest to the total price depending on what money I have on me.

If anything this is just another cry for help from a country being drowned in lawlessness. Today I had to wait at a green light for people disregarding their redlight almost until the end of my drive cycle. Another incident is as I drove over an orange light the car behind me just sped up and went over the red.

I've been in the UK for 2 weeks. Getting back from there to here the differences is enormous. And that is just talking about the attitude of people on the road. So in closing...

Let SAs roads be painted red with the blood of those disregarding the law of the road and let us cheer those who follow them.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

The problem, Starbound, as it usually goes with anything to do with Murphy (bloody SoB :x ), is that you get innocents who are caught in the crossfire, so to speak. :|
Painting the roads red with their blood isn't helping anybody.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

No Syko it does not help but what does help is taking the perp out back and giving him a lead pill or two to swallow.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Yes they can always keep the 5c from the 99c part of the price
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

CapNemo wrote:Yes they can always keep the 5c from the 99c part of the price
If I may ask - did you actually read the original post?
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Yes and the sad part is I can open any news paper and find 5 similar stories (maybe not as personalised but still)
I'm sorry it is your friend. However if I have to grief for everyone who dies on the road I'll probably end up in the nuthouse for attempting suicide
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
NewDawn

Post by NewDawn »

I went to school with Krishanth in Pietermaritzburg, the last time I remember seeing him was roughly 10 years ago in Pick 'n Pay Hesketh Drive. I can't believe this has happened to him... may his soul rest in peace. We'll all eventually see him one day.
krishsprincess

Post by krishsprincess »

I am the gf of Krishanth Ramdass, my little hero, his death a real shock, krish was an awesome hardworking jovial young man. cant believe his end came while "on a delivery". i miss, amongst many things, his stories about work and his friends. i asked him the day before his accident "how do u deal with the stressful job that you do". he replied "i don't do it because i like it, i do it because I know what I have to do to take care of us". tho very tired he dragged himself to work 6 days a week, sometimes 7 days a week. while delivering pizzas is an honest living, "no one should be dying for their job". tho NOTHING will ever bring him back, lets remember him 4 all da good things ...... esp his sence of humour, his abillity to give acceptance to any type of person, he possessed no airs or graces about himself. N best of all he loved me with his heart and soul n NO regrets. RIP Krishanth Ramdass my first n only true love..... Aliesha
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

My heart goes out to you Aliesha. It is always sad to lose someone you love - but a senseless death is harder to take.
krishsprincess

Post by krishsprincess »

thanks hey, that simply what his death was, "senseless"! today marks 4 months
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

My heart goes out to you guys.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W