Matric Dances...

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rajiv

Re: Matric Dances...

Post by Rajiv »

Seriously. I would never do something like that. Can we rather talk about the topic rather than talking about something else?
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

lol I was like you at school - it never crossed my mind until I had left school
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Tribble wrote:lol I was like you at school - it never crossed my mind until I had left school
That was what I was getting at as well. For my dance I was just over joyed to be rocking up with a smoking hot girl and watching all the "jocks" jaws drop when I walked in with her. Will be one of the happiest memories I have... :)
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

How did you get the "smoking hot girl" to come with you to the dance (if i may ask)?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Family friends daughter. :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire to annoy hamin... :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Rajiv wrote:How did you get the "smoking hot girl" to come with you to the dance (if i may ask)?
Step 1 is to ask her.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

first off, i was on the dance committee in my Gr 11 year, for that year's matrics and we gave them the best darn matric dance that that school has ever seen.... :D

ok, mine was a bit different....
i uhm didn't have a date and that didn't phase me at all.... got me make up and hair done at the salon.... dress and shoes i bought during the previous year for a wedding.... i wasn't a geek but i wasn't in the "click" group... i was a prefect and therefore had to go to the head girls house before hand for cocktails.... my dad drove me there and both parents drove me to the school (where the dance was being held)...
while waiting for the parents to finish looking at the hall's decorations, my one friend and I decided, that seeing as neither of us had dates, we would then go together....
i didn't and will not regret it....
i have been to formal during my stay in hostel with myself.... it doesn't bother me... you will still be there with your friends....

unfortunately my best friend couldn't make it but we both were able to go to the after party.... :D

@Rajiv: for clothing.... see what colours your partner will be wearing and colour co-ordinate yourself with that.... a tie or shirt the same colour as her dress or one of her colours is all you need..... as for the making of an entrance.... that depends on the set up at the location of the dance....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
jee

Post by jee »

I was asked to go with the guy who was my hero since standard 6. At the last moment, the school decided that we were too big a class to go with our own partners and that we had to go with someone in the class. But as he was head boy, he had to go with the head gurl.... :( So i went with a good friend of mine.

just for a laugh.. my best friend was a midget and I was Goliath... from bookface... she posted a pic of the two of us at the matric farewell :)

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Rajiv wrote:Oh no...Seriously??? No ways!
:facepalm: did you really not know that.

Tribble wrote:lol I was like you at school - it never crossed my mind until I had left school
same here.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

I really did not know that!!!
@KK: Thx!
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

KatrynKat wrote:@Rajiv: for clothing.... see what colours your partner will be wearing and colour co-ordinate yourself with that.... a tie or shirt the same colour as her dress or one of her colours is all you need..... as for the making of an entrance.... that depends on the set up at the location of the dance....
making an entrance. Get a smoke machine. no wait you must arrive in a rubbish car and then let it explode behind you :D

now that will be cool. Always make sure that there is fire, explosions and a smoke machine involved. as for cloths you should go dressed as a F1 driver or a jedi knight. Or Darth Vader
Last edited by THE_STIG on 09 Jul 2011, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

THE_STIG wrote:
KatrynKat wrote:@Rajiv: for clothing.... see what colours your partner will be wearing and colour co-ordinate yourself with that.... a tie or shirt the same colour as her dress or one of her colours is all you need..... as for the making of an entrance.... that depends on the set up at the location of the dance....
making an entrance. Get a smoke machiene. no wait you must arive in a rubbish car and then let it explode behind you :D

now that will be cool. Always make sure that there is fire, explosions and a smoke machiene envolved. as for cloths you should go dressed as a F1 driver or a jedi knight. Or Darth Vader
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

LOL. I met a very attractive girl who plays Star Craft last night, just FYI :P SC isn't half as geeky as WoW but still.

Edit: Though I should also mention she likes CoD Blops too. :facepalm: Okay, so maybe there isn't hope. :cry:
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

What is wrong with liking black ops?
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

I don't know actually, I was thinking of MW2.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
jee

Post by jee »

I have a serious question. Why "make and entrance?"
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Oh, just a normal entrance.

@Syko: She looks smart. If only there were girls such as her in my school....
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

My matric ball was awesome, I got my cousin to hook me up with a really hot girl from another school who wanted to come to our matric ball.
I got my dad to lend me his car - 2.0l Opel Monza full house
Went to pick her up and she looked damn good. We didn't know each other so I told her the car was mine which she found impressive. Kept up the conversation the way to the ICC cracking a few jokes to keep her smiling.
Got to the matric ball and got to act like a boss case I was deputy head boy.
Won a few awards at the prize giving too which helped.
I remember our table had the head and deputy head boys and girls and as you can imagine it was pretty dull, so I turned up the charm and was wise cracking all night, basically keeping the whole table going which I could tell was impressing her.
Anyway after the awards we danced for a bit, but it was a live band which highschoolers do not appreciate.
When it was all over we made plans to hit the club. Crash was still around (anyone remember Crash - at the DBN train station?) so I took her home to change, then I drove us both to my place so I could change. My parents were not at home, so invited her in. We sat in the lounge for a while talking, then I asked her if she wanted to see my room - corny line, but it worked. We walked down the passge to my room and as soon as we were in there I open the door get on the floor, everybody walk that dinosaur.
I whistled for a cabbie and when it came near the license plate said fresh and there were dice in the mirror.
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said you're moving with your aunty and uncle in Belair.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Lol, I so saw that ending coming. :lol:

But now what is actually trolling in there. Were you really deputy head boy? What the hell kind of school was that?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

:lol:
Okay, real story, no trolling:

For my matric ball I got my cousin to hook me up with a girl from another school who wanted to come to our matric ball.
I got my dad to lend me his car - a crappy Opel Monza.
Went to pick her up and she was wearing a purple dress with sequins...
Kept up the conversation all the way to the ICC and found out we had absolutely nothing in common!
Got to the matric ball and I had to leave her for 45 minutes and help with preparations because I was deputy head boy.
I won a few awards at the prize giving (English Geography and Maths) which didn't seem to impress her at all.
My table was pretty rowdy and despite my best efforts to be the loudest idiot there, I was outclassed.
After the awards we danced for a bit, we had a DJ from Boksburg or something - one of the songs he was played was "Heir kom die bokke" - he actually got boo'd at one stage...
When it was all over we made plans to hit the club. My date went with my cousin and her boyfriend, and I got to give all the scrubs who didn't have cars a ride to the jol. My date and her crew never actually arrived at the jol and I got so drunk one of my friends had to drive dads car home the next morning.

The End
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

jamin_za wrote: was deputy head boy.
Again . . . :shock:

:lol:
jamin_za wrote: I won a few awards at the prize giving (English Geography and Maths)
And yet you ended up in Australia?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

What is so hard to believe about me being deputy head boy? I was well liked by both teachers and pupils at school. Not as well liked as I wanted ;) but still...

I won the Maths award for standard grade tho :lol:
I was doing higher grade but got 46% in trials and they "recommended" I do standard grade. I ended up getting the highest marks out of all the standard grade pupils in my school - which is like coming first in the special Olympics...
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

:lol: :lol:
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Oh that is brilliant!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

@ jamin I prefer your first attempt. Sounds so much more like the jamin I know :P. Thank dude for making laugh that was a awesome read :lol:.

@ Stu I can easily see jamin as a deputy head boy. They needed a town crier... :whistling: :P Seriously he would have been better than the head boy we had, that guy played the politician role brilliantly but did bugger all for the school... :roll: