Signature Rules and warning.

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
lancelot

Signature Rules and warning.

Post by lancelot »

Signature rules:

* Images in signatures may be no more than 150px high, 450px wide and 25kB (25000 bytes) in size.
* Signatures containing an image this large may have up to four lines of small size text (size 75) or three lines of normal size text (size 100). Sigs less than 75px high may contain an extra line of small or normal size text, sigs less than 45px high may contain two extra lines of small or normal size text.
* Only one image is permitted in a signature.
* Links in signatures may only be personal in nature, and may not link to any commercial site (see rules on advertising). Only text links are allowed, image links are not permitted. There is a limit of 5 links per signature.
* Signatures may not exceed 600 characters. This includes links and images.

Please keep to the specifications for all signatures. If you do not, a warning will be given, if you still do not repair, the sig will be deleted and your sig rights will be taken away.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Signature Rules and warning.

Post by Stuart »

There are more and more overweight sigs on the forum. This is not Weight Watchers, guys. If you get a PM from a mod (probably me - jee is a delegator) please rectify your image, otherwise Lance will have to start playing bad cop again.

Kthx.
Prime

Post by Prime »

I have one question, does a small animated gif such as a smiley count as a second image?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Honestly, why not just ban sigs and get it over with?
I have disabled sigs and avvies and find the forums much easier to read.
I mean look at my rig blah blah... You see it once and after that it's old news?

/ducks and runs

*edit sp
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Prime

Post by Prime »

Just a quick observation, but signature size (Not the image but the signature section as a whole) changes with page width.

*goes off to adjust his*
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Prime wrote:I have one question, does a small animated gif such as a smiley count as a second image?
Yes.
doo_much wrote:Honestly, why not just ban sigs and get it over with?
I have disabled sigs and avvies and find the forums much easier to read.
I mean look at my rig blah blah... You see it once and after that it's old news?

/ducks and runs

*edit sp
That would be an overreaction right now. It's really not that hard to create an image of the correct dimensions and then check it's the right size before posting. Trust me.

This is not going to turn into a debate about sigs. We're just reminding you that rules are in place and asking you to abide by them.
jee

Post by jee »

Prime, your sig takes up most of my page on my laptop. oops... i forgot.... Narcissist... :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Prime wrote:Just a quick observation, but signature size (Not the image but the signature section as a whole) changes with page width.

*goes off to adjust his*
Yes, we realise this. In all honesty, we're more concerned about overweight and oversized images at this point.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Stuart is correct, we are not interested in a witch hunt and small discrepancies, just sizes and weights really.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Stuart wrote:
Prime wrote:Just a quick observation, but signature size (Not the image but the signature section as a whole) changes with page width.

*goes off to adjust his*
Yes, we realise this. In all honesty, we're more concerned about overweight and oversized images at this point.
Mkay. Thanks.